Help me to choose a ROM

Search This thread

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm tired to change ROM every day. ICS, MIUIv4, CM7, AOKP, ... I can't deiced.

My usages:

* Just 2G networks
* Listen music (Speaker)
* Text (SMS) and Yahoo IM
* Call (few)
* Gaming (not 3Ds and heavy games)
* I can't stay with Lags and I rather fast responsibility
* Battery is not very Important but It's important
* All app I need is about 150
* A few web browsing (WiFi)
* A little GPS

What are u recommend me?

ngphobos

Jan 17, 2011
Athens
Choosing a ROM is something personal. In my opinion don't change every day! Stay with a specific ROM at least 4-5 days, because you won't have a good knowledge of how the ROM works.
Also i think 150 apps is too much :p
If you still want a specific ROM i can suggest you MIUI MintBerry or CM7 nightly or the new CM7.2RC.

Reactions: Vogie

GavinC94

Dec 25, 2010
Dublin
150 apps?! Holy crap :p why dont you just get a stock rom there always stable and cover everything you need :)

** Against the famine and the crowN**

carlosdrums11

Jan 11, 2012
Marbella
Yiiha

Hey man! I recomend you CM9 is pretty stable and fast, ICS my friend lol
And if you want it as smooth as silk take the Icy Glitch kernel, you can overclock and Live OC, I have it with no Live OC (I don't want UV) and at 1,5GHz.
Believe me, reaaally fast and smooth.

But whatever, I agree ngphobos, to choose a rom is something really personal, it depends of your style of ROM.

So good luck!

PD: yeah, i believe that 150 apps is too much xD

Last edited:

bambam1978

Dec 7, 2010
I personally like darkyrom 10.4.2 and it looks like we use the phone for about the same stuff but I only have 70 it so apps. I reccomend trying it if you don't like it then try something else but once you go darky its hard to go back. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

mygmy

Mar 19, 2012
Go for ics form sgsteam it's.awesome believe me i tried darky's rom 10.2 and 10.4 , f1 innovation , and many others keep with the ics

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Xevez

Sep 17, 2011
Vogie , i have a really good advice For you :)

Try ics-slim , belive me :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using ICS-Slim

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
Thanks guys, I'll try all recommends.
I'm really happy see your replys.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: carlosdrums11

JimmyNZ

Mar 1, 2012
+1

Slim ICS + Semaphore 0.9.5b.

Otherwise AOKP if you want the extra apps etc already installed from stock.

revydoIND

Mar 22, 2012
jakarta
Try to using teamhacksing ics (cm9) alpha build 17. I'm using it too. Running so smooth

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

disclaimernotice

Sep 8, 2011
Based on those requirements, I'd recommend Froyo ZSJPK. Before you dismiss it just because it's froyo, I strongly implore you to check the thread out and perhaps even try the rom for at least a day.

AurosGamma

Dec 28, 2011
San Cristobal, Venezuela
I'm using Amestris Persian Gulf 7.2, it's great for daily use (no reboots, freezes, SoD, etc) and it covers all the stuff you need, also, it's based in official Samsung ROM, so, the GPS works flawlessly.

Cheers

Dex_SA

Mar 23, 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
Greetings Guys,

I didn't want to start another thread on the same question & clutter your forums so I thought I would just post my question here. Sorry if this seems like a thread jacking so if its against forum rules then a Mod can just delete it for me.

I too have a SGS & my question is the same. My phone is stock & has always been & I still love my device to bits. Its just that I am getting a little tired & need a change but before I spend a lot of money on another new device, I thought I would try to change the experience of this device first.
I am sure if I choose the right ROM I will be good with it for a few more months.

Since ICS will not be officially launched for my phone I thought about trying it out. I only have about 60 apps on my phone but I could easily cut it down to 45 or so. I mainly use:

Internet
WiFi
Calling
Messaging (WhatsApp)

I don't want anything too big either, I prefer something that weighs in a few MB less then the main stream stuff cos less is more for me. :D
What process would I need to follow & what do you guys suggest, perhaps a reason too would be awesome?

Thanks & I can see I am going to enjoy this community.

Last edited:

Nungbar

Mar 17, 2012
Vogie, for you normal use, the best you can do is to flash a stock rom, JVU is my advice, and put cf-root kernel. That's all. Your phone should work as well as you want/need.

Don't do any complicate thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see , you want to try out some new .. like ICS :rolleyes:

Ok i think there will be 3 ICS-Roms for you..

- So first I think teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Galaxy S for i9000 , it isn't very customizable , but the were no bugs ! ( or very less :rolleyes: ) , perfect for beginner :) ( no bugs , stock , little customizable )

-Slim ICS , I really love the rom :D , it is very fast ! had a good battery live and looks awesome (it's a little bit more customizable , good battery live)

- My last advice were 2 Roms (i know there were a few more but i choose this 2 ), both are very good Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd or Codename Android these two Roms were highly customizable ! , so i think your should flash this rom when you knew a little bit more about ICS :rolleyes:

I hope my post was helpful , and now you can find you best ICS-ROM :)
    Choosing a ROM is something personal. In my opinion don't change every day! Stay with a specific ROM at least 4-5 days, because you won't have a good knowledge of how the ROM works.
    Also i think 150 apps is too much :p
    If you still want a specific ROM i can suggest you MIUI MintBerry or CM7 nightly or the new CM7.2RC.
    150 apps?! Holy crap :p why dont you just get a stock rom there always stable and cover everything you need :)

** Against the famine and the crowN**
    Use cyano for tomorrow 1.4. It's fast, stable and great battery life
    Yiiha

Hey man! I recomend you CM9 is pretty stable and fast, ICS my friend lol
    And if you want it as smooth as silk take the Icy Glitch kernel, you can overclock and Live OC, I have it with no Live OC (I don't want UV) and at 1,5GHz.
    Believe me, reaaally fast and smooth.

But whatever, I agree ngphobos, to choose a rom is something really personal, it depends of your style of ROM.

So good luck!

PD: yeah, i believe that 150 apps is too much xD