[QUESTION ] Oleophobic coating

Search This thread

arenaboy007

Oct 27, 2010
So I had my LG G2 for a few weeks now, and I noticed a couple of hairline scratches on my phone screen, particularly on the areas where my finger touches often. It's not easily seen and cannot be felt, but it annoys the hell out of me. So I tried using applesauce, turtle wax scratch remover, and they didn't work, in fact they rubbed some oleophobic coating off. I ended up having a rough screen with the scratches still there. I'm looking into the Oleophobic coating online and read that it helps hide the scratches from the screen while restoring it's slickness at the same time. I wonder if it could help me?

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
So I had my LG G2 for a few weeks now, and I noticed a couple of hairline scratches on my phone screen, particularly on the areas where my finger touches often. It's not easily seen and cannot be felt, but it annoys the hell out of me. So I tried using applesauce, turtle wax scratch remover, and they didn't work, in fact they rubbed some oleophobic coating off. I ended up having a rough screen with the scratches still there. I'm looking into the Oleophobic coating online and read that it help hide the scratches from the screen while restoring it's slickness at the same time. I wonder if it could help me?

I looked around and it might work I've never used it so I wouldn't know

ArcaneDroid

Jan 25, 2012
I know this doesnt help but you should have considered a oleophobic coated screen protector when you first got the phone lol

arenaboy007

Oct 27, 2010
I know this doesnt help but you should have considered a oleophobic coated screen protector when you first got the phone lol

I know haha. Unfortunately glass screen protectors are hard to come by in my area, so I had to order a couple from amazon. And it hasn't arrive yet, so I'm forced to use it without screen protectors for now.