How to install the EB40 battery?

Search This thread

Clank227

Apr 11, 2014
Edit: the title is a bit inaccurate, but it is related to the installation of the EB40 battery

I have found some helpful guides on the forum about the Atrix HD and using the EB40 from the Razr MAXX to extend battery life.

I just have a few questions, that werent really clear to me
-I found a few EB40 batteries on eBay. Which is the best to use, I found a 4000mAh (though the price of $24 seems a bit shady to me) and a ton of 3200/3300mAh batteries. I would imagine the higher mAH value would be better, is this true? Are they even legit, because I didn't see a whole lot, just the one from eBay (which like I said, had me skeptical).

-How do I "cleanly" make room for the EB40 battery? I want to be very careful with the dvice, and when I learned I had to cut some parts of the plastic, I got nervous. Can anyone give any good advice on how to do this properly as to not cause any permanent damage? I'm really nervous about the whole process really

ANY help is appreciated, thanks

Last edited:

FLaMpeR

Apr 13, 2013
Tbilisi
First of all original razr maxx battery is 3200mAh not 4000mAh. I don't think that batteries are better than maxx's , but you can try if you want. You won't need to cut anything. I never did and used without any problems

Sent from my LG-F160L using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Here's the video guide http://youtu.be/0jql0jxpBpA

Clank227

Apr 11, 2014
First of all original razr maxx battery is 3200mAh not 4000mAh. I don't think that batteries are better than maxx's , but you can try if you want. You won't need to cut anything. I never did and used without any problems

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Here's the video guide

I went with the original OEM 3200mAh Maxx battery
And thanks a lot for the reply. I haven't gotten my Atrix HD in the mail or the battery yet, but I was under the impression you had to alter the plastic in order to get the battery to fit. This is a relief though, thanks again

Deemon1

Apr 9, 2010
Istalling is really easy

Edit: the title is a bit inaccurate, but it is related to the installation of the EB40 battery
ANY help is appreciated, thanks

Installing EB40 is really easy to noobs.
First: go 2 youtube and type "motorola atrix HD disassembly" or google simply manual
Motorola-Atrix-HD-MB886-Disassemble-Guide.pdf
al you need is T5 torx screwdriver and plastic opening tool (or old sim or credit card with sharped corner)
Before disassembly heat backside by hair dryer, because there are a small adhesive patch inside.
carefully work around the perimeter of the phone.
After that unscrew 10 T5 screws and two screws battery tab, be carefull do not short circuit them both.
Take off rear chassis replace stock battery with EB40 and fit chassis back.
You will see that top side isn't sit well, just cut 1/3" with sharp knife and assembly all into reverse steps.
I'm done that with my MOTO Atrix HD, really easy, and got twin battery life

P.S.
Don't be foolish by chinese or some another 3rd party vendors that says 4000 or more mAh capacity. Try to find on eBay or amazon genuine EB40 battery or buy broken RAZR MAXX and pull out it from that donor

Last edited: