[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Got sourcecode? Would be good to have that. I bet Bada is based on similiar kernel, so always easier to disassemble and omit useless code quickly.

Reactions: adfree

headterminator

Jul 18, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this blog.
I have purchased the samsung wave II, the phone is amazing but dissapointed with bada OS.
After knowing that we can port android on samsung wave II, i really want ot do it
But I dont know where to start with.

can anyone help me out on this,
or can guide me step by step procedure.

Please help really need it

Thankyou:)

Reactions: zogu

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this blog.
I have purchased the samsung wave II, the phone is amazing but dissapointed with bada OS.
After knowing that we can port android on samsung wave II, i really want ot do it
But I dont know where to start with.

Nowhere. It is strictly under-development project. And it is not possible to run Android under S8530. Don't bother yourself in trying until step-by-step tutorial appears. I expect to get partially working (no modem support yet) S8530 GB port in few weeks.

Unless you know what is IDA, Embedded Systems, RTOS, Pointers, Memory Pointers, Kernel Drivers and know how to develop it, or you think you are brillant enough and got few hundreds of hours to learn that. Catch me on PM then.

dixter

Jun 1, 2011
Nowhere. It is strictly under-development project. And it is not possible to run Android under S8530. Don't bother yourself in trying until step-by-step tutorial appears. I expect to get partially working (no modem support yet) S8530 GB port in few weeks.

Unless you know what is IDA, Embedded Systems, RTOS, Pointers, Memory Pointers, Kernel Drivers and know how to develop it, or you think you are brillant enough and got few hundreds of hours to learn that. Catch me on PM then.

Has oleg given you his work on Gingerbread then?

bong4316

May 14, 2010
does the wave use a qualcomm modem?

since rebellos has opened up his wave 8530, can you see rebellos what the modem chip is labelled as?

DarkRidder

Apr 20, 2011
What about GB for S8500?

I saw in a post that Oleg has a partially functioning modem on his CM7 GB, doesn't he?

prokshit

Oct 20, 2010
No. I'll get it in few days.

can u please explain a bit more about this... i mean how much is it completed.. or what all is working in it.. a lil information would help greatly.. many have been waiting for this news... plz kindly tell a bit more abt this.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

What about GB for S8500?

I saw in a post that Oleg has a partially functioning modem on his CM7 GB, doesn't he?

which post?? where!?

Axeleik

Jun 23, 2011
Thats great! It would be so nice if you would work on with this project again!
But I think its better to finish this Modem driver first (and then the Port for the s8530), because I think thats the reason many of us are not using this Android port. In my opinion it makes no sence to make an android to S8530 without an modem driver now, because no one would use it as well. I think also that many people would use this Port with many bugs but with an working modem driver. I am following this project since March and nearly everyday I take a look at this thread to see if there is some usefull information and now its great to see that there is some hope. I wish u good luck and I hope that you can do it though Oleg cant/doesnt want to work on this project anymore ( :( ). (I know that I dont know something about programming and all this stuff and I can imagine how hard it is to do something like that, so pls dont flame me and say "If you think its so easy then do it yourself", I just wanted to say my opinion and to wish you good luck and to encourage you ;) )

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Thats great! It would be so nice if you would work on with this project again!
But I think its better to finish this Modem driver first (and then the Port for the s8530), because I think thats the reason many of us are not using this Android port. In my opinion it makes no sence to make an android to S8530 without an modem driver now, because no one would use it as well. I think also that many people would use this Port with many bugs but with an working modem driver. I am following this project since March and nearly everyday I take a look at this thread to see if there is some usefull information and now its great to see that there is some hope. I wish u good luck and I hope that you can do it though Oleg cant/doesnt want to work on this project anymore ( :( ). (I know that I dont know something about programming and all this stuff and I can imagine how hard it is to do something like that, so pls dont flame me and say "If you think its so easy then do it yourself", I just wanted to say my opinion and to wish you good luck and to encourage you ;) )

The thing is that I do have S8530 and I do have motivate myself abit. As I haven't seen Android on my device yet. xD

//edit: Oleg does still work on the port. But does it much slower than before. But I still think the work he has done before is compensing it.

Also I'm back in analysing bada modem drivers, thanks to b.kubica. :)

Last edited:

gurpreet122

Oct 25, 2011
DELHI
Thanks to u guys who are working for bada so much....and making it a better place for users .hope this process ends up in a reality soon...as we are bored of bada.

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
I need Nucleus sourcecode. Can be few years old. Just few headers will speed up my work. Can you guys find some sources?

cristi.badoi

Apr 19, 2011
Hey guys,

unfortunatly I can't check this since I am at work but it looks like some source codes for Nucleus

hackchina.com / en / cont / 106616

Hope this helps!

LE:damn, badaelemental got me to it :))

Last edited:

Smartphan

Oct 11, 2011
if the info is correct then whats the point in developing android as we all want android for apps and when we get the apk emulator we would be happy..:)

why do you say all?i dont want android only for apps.android is more stable than bada and has some nice features and a nice interface. i want android in my wave!!!! keep up the good work guys! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts