[ROM] Cyanogenmod 7 Official Nightlies for Droid (RC4)

Search This thread

D8nkE

Jan 18, 2009
Newmarket
Official CM7 Nightly Builds - Gingerbread

First off I want to say that I'm am not associated with Cyanogenmod in anyway. I merely created this thread because I did not see one like it here. To be clear, I did not write ANY of this code.

All credit to Cyanogenmod team and a huge thank you to gridlock32404 for his unofficial builds before the official nightlies are started.
I will try to keep this thread updated (maybe not EVERY day but as much as I can) as code is updated in preparation for Cyanogenmod 7. Please keep any discussions about the older nightlies in the other "CM Nightlies" topic. So with that, the current CM7 source build:
Known Issues:
-Charging LED notifications

Works:
-WiFi
-GPS
-Bluetooth
-Accelerometer
-Camera/Camcorder
-Keyboard Lights
-Pretty much everything else

Installation:
Download ROM
Nightlies can be found Premium Section of ROM Manager
or at
http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=nightly&device=sholes

Download Gapps
Gapps can be downloaded with ROM when using ROM Manager
or at
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version

Flash files in recovery. Remember to nandroid.

Other Links
Change Log (Merged)
The Build Bot

YouTube video for beginners to install cm7 by tylerwatt12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGxTLaD2s2Q

I will still try to keep the list of known issues up to date with the nightlies so let me know if some bug is either fixed or appears as time goes on.
Rule of thumb: If you are having issues and haven't already, do a clean wipe. Please lets keep bug reports down to what is actually wrong and not issues caused by upgrading from stable, nightly, or and older source build to the newest source build.

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk.

Last edited:

bfdeg

Oct 2, 2009
just saying, i read in a thread on CM forums that you need clockworkmod recovery 3. tried to install 2 different ones (including the unofficial official one that all the mods/well-known peeps at CM forums are running/developing) and kept getting bombarded by force closing upon startup. completely unusable. flashing new recovery now....hope that'll solve everything. also, the new rom supposedly has keyboard light and camera fixes. plus the cool screen on/off animation (i think the on part is custom).

bakaz

Sep 5, 2009
A couple of notes...

The CM nightlies that just restarted a couple days ago are still Froyo builds. There is speculation that they are testing things out and GB builds will come within the next week.

CrackFlashers Build #46 is running great. I still lose data after phone calls (and maybe texts too, need to test that). That is the biggest problem right now. I can deal with the small problems (wonky accelerometer, questionable GPU performance, camera FC's).

Last edited:

jeffv2

Dec 31, 2010
this is a nightly, more like a pure build. but i slightly edit the source, probably nothing noticeable just by looking at it though.

B6gSix

bfdeg

Oct 2, 2009
I'm running #48 now, and it seems great but there are def some issues. The most notable one for me is the crappy market. It's old and has the same app missing problems as early froyo builds. Big misses include twitter and tweetdeck. Can I just flash any other gapps zip (like the CM one)? Or is there a different fix? Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

Qazme

Jan 28, 2010
As of #48 the camera doesn't work, force close. Keyboard doesn't light up. And the screen has a glitch where it won't come back on, not sure what causes it however. Going to flash #52 released today and see if it's any better.

*Edit*

Bugs:
camera force closes
keyboard back light doesn't work

Works:
WiFi
GPS
Bluetooth
LED notifications

Last edited:

D8nkE

Jan 18, 2009
Newmarket
As of #48 the camera doesn't work, force close. Keyboard doesn't light up. And the screen has a glitch where it won't come back on, not sure what causes it however. Going to flash #52 released today and see if it's any better.

*Edit*

Bugs:
camera force closes
keyboard back light doesn't work

Works:
WiFi
GPS
Bluetooth
LED notifications

Thanks for this. I updated the OP.

54 is up, I'm hoping to get my wife's phone away from her so I can try this out tonight.

Qazme

Jan 28, 2010
Yeah it's on my wife's phone too. Just installed #54.

Bugs:
Camera force closes
No back light on the keyboard

Everything else is working. Wish it worked as nicely as #52 on my Inc, it's flawless with the exception of running video benchmarks. Seems the hardware acceleration for that is still missing.

D8nkE

Jan 18, 2009
Newmarket
Official Nightlies for CM7 just hit ROM Manager on my Inc. Can anyone confirm the same happen for Droid?

CrackMonkey91

Apr 5, 2010
I have been running the official nightly since i found out yesterday night, CAMERA WORKS!! (that was a huge deal breaker for me when it did not work) Data is still kinda strange sometimes it wont work even when i have NOT made a call or anything but it for sure does NOT work after a call. I pretty much love it hope for the little bugs will get fixed over time

B6gSix

EDIT==== YES I CONFIRM MOTO DROID ROM MANAGER UPDATE IM DOWNLOADING NOW FROM THE 20% OF STOLEN WIFI NOW ON MY DROID LOL WILL POST RESULTS OF FLASH.==========

Yo cm 7 is dope. Minus the little bugs here and there but keep all the good work team douche

PS if team douche
Is spelled wrong its the auto keyboard fault lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official CM7 Nightly Builds - Gingerbread

First off I want to say that I'm am not associated with Cyanogenmod in anyway. I merely created this thread because I did not see one like it here. To be clear, I did not write ANY of this code.

All credit to Cyanogenmod team and a huge thank you to gridlock32404 for his unofficial builds before the official nightlies are started.
    I will try to keep this thread updated (maybe not EVERY day but as much as I can) as code is updated in preparation for Cyanogenmod 7. Please keep any discussions about the older nightlies in the other "CM Nightlies" topic. So with that, the current CM7 source build:
    Known Issues:
    -Charging LED notifications

Works:
    -WiFi
    -GPS
    -Bluetooth
    -Accelerometer
    -Camera/Camcorder
    -Keyboard Lights
    -Pretty much everything else

Installation:
    Download ROM
    Nightlies can be found Premium Section of ROM Manager
    or at
    http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=nightly&device=sholes

Download Gapps
    Gapps can be downloaded with ROM when using ROM Manager
    or at
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version

Flash files in recovery. Remember to nandroid.

Other Links
    Change Log (Merged)
    The Build Bot

YouTube video for beginners to install cm7 by tylerwatt12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGxTLaD2s2Q

I will still try to keep the list of known issues up to date with the nightlies so let me know if some bug is either fixed or appears as time goes on.
    Rule of thumb: If you are having issues and haven't already, do a clean wipe. Please lets keep bug reports down to what is actually wrong and not issues caused by upgrading from stable, nightly, or and older source build to the newest source build.

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk.
    Any observations as to how this compares with JeffV2 's rom over at DF? Im trying to decide which one to try :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/110459-rom-gingerbread-update-zip-w-gapps-154.html
    YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHERE THE CHANGE LOG IS!!!!!

In the ROM go to Settings
    Cyanogenmod Settings
    And at the very bottom of the Menu you will see where it says CHANGELOG!!!!
    lol yup it was there
    I just want to say that this ROM (Cyanogenmod 7 RC4) rocks. I was slowly seeing the Cyanogenmod ROMS tanking my DROID. However, this last RC is a pistol! It is smooth and fast and I don't have to disable animations to keep it from glitching. Plus, I don't have to do the homescreen fix to keep the home screen in memory to keep from a 5sec redraw everytime I close an app.

The stock kernel is nice, but I am using Chevyno1's 7 slot low voltage 1.25GHz kernel clocked at 1GHz. It makes it hum. It's like I have a new phone again.

Great job guys!