Kindle fire stuck in stock boot screen.

Search This thread

PkerFrailey

Jan 26, 2014
I have followed this but when it says boot status, mine keeps saying unknown.

I will give feed back on any suggestions.
thanks

Last edited:

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
From your kindle though, can you switch to recovery mode? I had that happen a few times. I don't remember the fix, except to completely uninstall all kindle fire drivers and reinstall them. When you boot your kindle, does your computer show it as an unrecognized device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PkerFrailey

Jan 26, 2014
From your kindle though, can you switch to recovery mode? I had that happen a few times. I don't remember the fix, except to completely uninstall all kindle fire drivers and reinstall them. When you boot your kindle, does your computer show it as an unrecognized device?

No, my computer doesn't recognize the kindle. and the kindle just flashes on the "Kindle Fire" boot screen logo.

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
OK, I would definitely go with a reinstall of the drivers then. :)

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
Go to the start menu, right click on Computer, select Manage, and it should take you to the device manager. With your kindle plugged in, right click on whatever device it says your kindle is, and select uninstall drivers.

PkerFrailey

Jan 26, 2014
Go to the start menu, right click on Computer, select Manage, and it should take you to the device manager. With your kindle plugged in, right click on whatever device it says your kindle is, and select uninstall drivers.

It doesn't show my kindle, I tested to see if it was the cable, but it shows my lg g2 when I plug that in but not the kindle.

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
So have the device manager open before you plug in the kindle. Then plug the kindle in. Something should change, and your kindle should show up as a kindle, an android adb device, an unrecognized device, or something else.

PkerFrailey

Jan 26, 2014
So have the device manager open before you plug in the kindle. Then plug the kindle in. Something should change, and your kindle should show up as a kindle, an android adb device, an unrecognized device, or something else.

yeah, nothing changed. Didn't show up at all.

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
yeah, nothing changed. Didn't show up at all.
Ok, You could also launch USBDeview to remove all drivers that look like they are for your kindle. In your case, you may end up deleting a couple of drivers for your G2, so you might want to be careful.
-----EDIT-----
So here's a link for the files you need to run USBDeview. Don't worry, you don't need to install it or anything, and this comes from an application similar to the KFU, but meant for Nexus devices called the Nexus Root Toolkit from the Nexus 7 thread.

Also, sorry for the delay, I just had a lovely 2 hour nap. ;)

Last edited:

PkerFrailey

Jan 26, 2014
Ok, You could also launch USBDeview to remove all drivers that look like they are for your kindle. In your case, you may end up deleting a couple of drivers for your G2, so you might want to be careful.
-----EDIT-----
So here's a link for the files you need to run USBDeview. Don't worry, you don't need to install it or anything, and this comes from an application similar to the KFU, but meant for Nexus devices called the Nexus Root Toolkit from the Nexus 7 thread.

says it's malicious, chrome won't let me download it. Sure it's safe?

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
I'm positive. If you don't want to download mine, just head over to the nexus 7 forum and download the toolkit. I isolated just the files you need so you didn't have to download everything, but if you feel that's safer, then go ahead and do that instead.

PkerFrailey

Jan 26, 2014
-----EDIT-----

Downloaded it and ran it, and there where no drivers for the kindle.

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
You have downloaded the KFU, right? Did you run the driver installer?