[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

Search This thread

Garcia

Feb 27, 2007
I just followed this thread and all I can say is THANK YOU.. back to where I was before and I am happy again.. looking back to the previous SMS program from my Touch HD, I have to ask what where HTC thinking..

Can I just ask, I have also installed the MMS program from "Arc Software" (the one suggested higher up the thread) but it does not kick off, do I need to apply additional changes to the registry for this to work.. Thanks

Try and install these 2 files, 1 first and then 2, that made MMS work on my unit, you have to run connection setup when installed to get correct MMS server settings or you can set manually.

Regards

hellocourage

Jan 23, 2010
Thanks for the tweaking. Now I am a happy user of Sense 2.5 yet with 2.1 Messaging feature. I realised the sms count (at the bottom of screen) does not show up when a new sms arrived. However, it did show up at top of the screen.

Any tweaks on that ? ;)

BumAround

Apr 14, 2009
I'm using a Topaz with ROM that is 23529/2.5.2011.3626/2.53 and I restored my SMSes via PIM Backup (700 of them). All went well. After being restored, I need to wait untill every single SMS is (re)threaded properly by HTC Messaging (ugh, blunder app! shame!).... but then when I apply Zenyee's cab v.1.2, some of the SMSes were not threaded properly, shown as a single SMS on All Messages list. Why's that?

qllkevuoi

Nov 15, 2009
Google Pixel 5
@ zenkinz:

Hi (sorry for my english, hope you understand what I mean),

I'm very grateful for your great job

I have a HD2 and your latest cab does work on original italian htc rom, but I have to indicate to you that I have some problems (reported also by other users in this discussion)...

1) The replacement of HTC messaging is not full: for example, if I tap on "send sms" on a contact card, nothing happens; in the sms tab of manila, if I tap on the displayed sms nothing happens..I have to tap on All (on the bottom left of the screen) to open tmail

2) I've the problem of the persistant "new sms bubble" on sms tab (and even if the sms patch seems to work). It happens just sometimes, randomly, it seems a bug

Ok for the rest.

Now, I would ask you a few things, could you answer me if you can, please?

The target for me (by installing your cab) was to replace HTC messaging with the default winmo app tmail, but I would do that for use VITO SMS-Chat (which I like it very much) as default app for sms, and so I would replace also tmail with SMS-Chat (so if I tap on a "send sms" button, or on "all" button on the sms tab, and so on, vito sms-chat starts instead of tmail)

I modified the registry key \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINBOX\1 by replacing tmail.exe with the path to SMSChat executable but this doesn't work...

What registry changes I have to do for succeding in my target?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

plex12345

Feb 10, 2009
hey zenyee can you please upgrade the application so that it can work well already? it will be a nice valentine gift for us! thanks! :D

anandsaurabh

Aug 11, 2009
Shimla
help needed

installed Manilla 2.5 on blackstone, installs fine but does not show in programs. does not get launched.. my OS is the ORIGINAL ONE, genuine, nit cracked...
what can be done? i have tried to upgrade th ROM, even thats not happening

---------------------
SUUGGETIONS NEEDED

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
installed mms 1 and 2 now i have a block in the left hand corner and i cant access my quicklinks..... can anyone help?

thinkblu

Apr 26, 2007
Atlanta!
Arcroft MMS 5.2.0.47 and MMS Fix

installed mms 1 and 2 now i have a block in the left hand corner and i cant access my quicklinks..... can anyone help?

I think a better solution for anybody using a WVGA GSM device would be to install the attached version of Arcsoft MMS. I have been using it for two weeks on my TP2 and have had no issues thus far. Also, if you are having MMS issues then follow the instructions below:

1) Install the attached "Arcsoft MMS 5.2.0.47.CAB"
2) Soft Reset
3) Go to Start > Settings > Connections and run "Connection Setup"
4) Soft Reset
5) Install the attached "thinkblu.Enable MMS Limits.cab"
6) Go into the MS Messaging Client > Menu > MMS Options > Servers and then click on your Network and look at "Send Limit" at the bottom and configure it your network's size limit (at&t's is 600kb)
7) Click "Done"
8) Click "Set as Default"

Also, if anybody has a newer version of Arsoft MMS for WVGA GSM devices please post it:cool:

Last edited:

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
I think a better solution for anybody using a WVGA GSM device would be to install the attached version of Arcsoft MMS. I have been using it for two weeks on my TP2 and have had no issues thus far. Also, if you are having MMS issues then follow the instructions below:

1) Go to Start > Settings > Connections and run "Connection Setup"
2) Soft Reset
3) Install the attached "thinkblu.Enable MMS Limits.cab"
4) Go into the MS Messaging Client > Menu > MMS Options > Servers and then click on your Network and look at "Send Limit" at the bottom and configure it your network's size limit (at&t's is 600kb)
5) Click "Done"
6) Click "Set as Default"

I followed your steps and whenever I tried to send an MMS it stays at "Sending: 0%"
Any idea?

thinkblu

Apr 26, 2007
Atlanta!
I followed your steps and whenever I tried to send an MMS it stays at "Sending: 0%"
Any idea?

Did you have any other "MMS" related cabs installed prior? If so, uninstall my cab and those other cabs > soft reset > install my cab back and then try sending an MMS to yourself.

If you didn't have any other cabs installed, then uninstall my cab > soft reset > then try sending an MMS to yourself.

Let me know what happens!

Bib_x

Oct 10, 2007
Can i use the "disable HTC massage"-cab on my HD2 with Manila 2.5.1921 too?

Is it working with my Manila-Version? Do i have to use Version 1.2 or is there a newer version out?

jneilliii

Oct 29, 2007
Update (29th September 2009) - Version 1.2

I have updated the CAB to be compatible with the latest manila version 2.5.1919xxx.

Can we get an updated version for the latest Manila 2.5.2012? After installing your fix, the unread msg count never goes away after reading the message. This would be greatly appreciated.

moopile

Jun 12, 2007
Memphis, TN
OnePlus 7 Pro

1) Go to Start > Settings > Connections and run "Connection Setup"
2) Soft Reset
3) Install the attached "thinkblu.Enable MMS Limits.cab"
4) Go into the MS Messaging Client > Menu > MMS Options > Servers and then click on your Network and look at "Send Limit" at the bottom and configure it your network's size limit (at&t's is 600kb)
5) Click "Done"
6) Click "Set as Default"

I am currently using your fix and it really has sped things up. Just want to know if there is anyway to get this to work as "threaded"? If so, how? If not, any suggestions for other fixes?

Thanks !!

Update: Well, it just started threading..... didn't do anything. So, thanks for a great solution !!!!!!

Last edited:

NFRCER

Jul 2, 2007
I am using EnergyROM Feb 4 build 23519. This ROM has HTC Messaging enabled by default and I was very happy with it as it uses the latest fixed HTC messaging.
My problem is that since a couple of days, the default sms application seems to have changed back to the default WM messaging app. When I choose menu->All Messages in HTC messaging, I get the WM messaging "All Messages" screen. Also when I choose to view a received sms in S2U2 I get redirected to the WM messaging app. When I choose "All messages" in the Manila messaging tab, I get correctly routed to HTC Messaging. I suspect that the culprit is one of the Tweak tools packaged with the ROM that probably automatically set WM messaging as default, but I have no way of being sure.
Can anybody help me restore the HTC messaging app to be the default so that the the WM messaging app does not come up for SMSs? What are the default registry keys that allow HTC messaging to work correctly? Is there a cab anywhere to restore these settings?

Wow... I wished this would happen to me :( I hate hate hate hate the htc Messaging App, It has been my only gripe about this rom to be honest. I know you can disable it, but WHY? I mean.. why can't they both co-exist? Grrrrr :mad: Anyways :)

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Did you have any other "MMS" related cabs installed prior? If so, uninstall my cab and those other cabs > soft reset > install my cab back and then try sending an MMS to yourself.

If you didn't have any other cabs installed, then uninstall my cab > soft reset > then try sending an MMS to yourself.

Let me know what happens!

No luck...:( As long as I have disabled HTC client, MMS will not send out
Guess I have to deal with the HTC client then

vodevil17

Jan 8, 2009
hello, I have the ROM LucaP Black-X with sense 2.5.20121225.0 and with Windows Mobile 6.5.

I installed the cab 1.2 but MMS are not there. I have installed Your cab on all the rom I had and MMS were always there without arcsoft MMS, why not now?

Thanks!

Did you install the Arcsoft MMS software I had attached to that post? If so, then you should see SMS/MMS in the same category now.

I try to install it.