[APP] Device ID Changer for Android 8+ (16/Apr)(v0.9.3-stable)

Search This thread

CoNsTaR

Mar 15, 2018
North York

App that helps you monitor Android IDs on your Android devices.

Looking for a Command Line Tool? see The Original Thread.

Screenshots
7pkoghGl.png
nhzHjIcl.png
KxMhJ6ll.png
18vpX96l.png

Notes
  • Root privilege is required.
  • Works on Android 8+. (Target 8.1 API27/Min 8.0 API26)
  • Please be advised that any modification can be harmful to your system. Always make a backup to keep your data safe.
  • More features may be coming in the further versions!

Supported Features
  • Look up IDs
  • Modify IDs
  • Backup the settings (export current settings) Coming soon
  • Restore settings (import settings) Coming Soon
  • Detect corrupted setting file Not yet supported

Usage and Confusion Clarify
  1. Open the app.
    • A toast is shown on the app startup to indicate whether root permission is granted or not.
    • The app will NOT work if root permission is not available.

2. Tap on an app in the list that you want to work with.
    • A pop-up box will show up.

3. Modify the values in the text boxes.
    • These values should be hex-strings and should be exactly 16 characters long.
      • A hex string is a string that consists of only digits and characters from 'a' to 'f'.
    • The app automatically guarantees these properties.
      • It's not possible to input invalid characters.
      • If the value does not match the requirements, the "Commit" button will be grayed out.
    • What are "Current ID" and "Default ID"?
      • See this post.
      • "current ID" and "default ID" corresponds to "value" and "default value" in the above post.

4. Tap on the green SAVE button in the bottom right corner.
    • Settings will be written back to the system only if you press this button.

5. Restart your phone.
    • Changes will take effect on the next boot.

Known Bugs
  • Allow invalid values option will not work. (Not implemented and will be removed)
  • There are no known bugs currently for the latest version (0.9.3). If you do find a bug somewhere, please let me know. Thank you! :D

Change Log
  • v0.9.3-stable (16/Apr)
    • Slight UI adjustments.
    • Performance improvements.
  • v0.9.2-stable (13/Apr)
    • Entirely re-designed UI.
    • Added the "save changes" button. Settings won't be written back immediately after a commit now.
  • v0.9.1-stable (12/Apr)
    • Random generation function added.
    • Fully disallow invalid IDs. (Confirm button disappear if the inputted ID is invalid)
    • A new key is used to sign the apk file; please uninstall previous versions first if there are any.
  • v0.9.0 (12/Apr)
    • Major performance improvements.
    • Major stability improvements.
    • Validate IDs inputted.
    • Re-designed output generator for better file layout.
    • UI adjustments.
    • Apps will now be listed in ascending order in terms of their names.
  • v0.0.1 (11/Apr)
    • First experimental release.

Downloads

• Please find the attachments below!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll update this thread soon, heading out for food now. :D:D:D

Attachments

• DeviceIDChanger-v0.9.1.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 11,313
  • DeviceIDChanger-v0.9.2.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 17,164
  • Screenshot_20180416-134912.png
    Screenshot_20180416-134912.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 6,468
  • Screenshot_20180416-134942.png
    Screenshot_20180416-134942.png
    185 KB · Views: 6,805
  • Screenshot_20180416-134955.png
    Screenshot_20180416-134955.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 6,752
  • Screenshot_20180416-135905.png
    Screenshot_20180416-135905.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 6,342
  • DeviceIDChanger-v0.9.3.apk
    881.2 KB · Views: 33,186
Last edited:

longsheep

Jan 26, 2013
Hi,

Firstly thanks for making this app.

I am currently using 8.0 on S7 edge (935F).

v0.9.2 works perfectly without any problem, however v0.9.3 crashes when I press commit after changing the ID and when I press confirm button at save changes window.

yasars

Apr 16, 2010
Ruhrgebiet
I will test it on a new oreo 8.1 i hope.your app its working good...

Now after format, i install my banking app ( which the id needs for the restore)

But i can find it in the applist!?

I start the app, reboot but nothing not in the list ... In my stock rom can i find the app and backup no problem ... I install lineage os 15.1 ...

Last edited:

CoNsTaR

Mar 15, 2018
North York
Hi,

Firstly thanks for making this app.

I am currently using 8.0 on S7 edge (935F).

v0.9.2 works perfectly without any problem, however v0.9.3 crashes when I press commit after changing the ID and when I press confirm button at save changes window.

Sorry , I couldn't reproduce the issue you have encountered.

Please make sure your config file is both syntax and semantic valid, otherwise there does may be some errors while parsing it.

I will, too, look into the source code and see if anything is going wrong.

Anyway, thanks for reporting, any progress I make, I'll let you know.

CoNsTaR

Mar 15, 2018
North York
I will test it on a new oreo 8.1 i hope.your app its working good...

Now after format, i install my banking app ( which the id needs for the restore)

But i can find it in the applist!?

I start the app, reboot but nothing not in the list ... In my stock rom can i find the app and backup no problem ... I install lineage os 15.1 ...

This app works by accessing the ssaid config file, which is located at /data/system/users/0/settings_ssaid.xml and is merely a regular xml document.

You can always manually edit this config file with a root explorer, which can be a workaround in your case.

Last edited:

G3rrit

Dec 28, 2014
Oldenburg
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey :)
First of all thanks a lot for this app! Great work.
But sadly v0.9.3 isn't working for me. As soon as I hit the "commit" button, the app stops.
v0.9.2 however is working fine. So it's not a problem for me really, but you may want to look into it for future versions.

I'm using ExperienceOS R40.0 (Android 8.0.0, OnePlus 3), which is based on the official OxygenOS.

Tribes11

Apr 15, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F1
You know what would be awesome? A way to change ALL APP IDs at once with a "master" ID that you could set, or simply set a "master" which you would then open the app on the list and click Copy from master, and it would paste the ID you set as master.

Just an idea! ;)

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
You know what would be awesome? A way to change ALL APP IDs at once with a "master" ID that you could set, or simply set a "master" which you would then open the app on the list and click Copy from master, and it would paste the ID you set as master.

Just an idea! ;)

I very much like that idea! Just like it used to suffice to restore a device ID with Titanium.
It would already be very helpful if IDs didn't have to be entered manually, backup/restore buttons would be awesome.

I've successfully fooled LastPass with this Device ID Changer so major thanks for that!
There's one app that still doesn't work though: itsme, the Belgian mobile ID app. After every clean flash (which is every 1 or 2 weeks) I have to go through a very cumbersome process to set it up again. Restoring its ID works and the app boots without any errors but it doesn't go beyond the splash screen. Is there anything else it could be looking for besides root and ID?

marcelser

Jun 18, 2006
+1 for the idea of changing all the ids at once

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

but it seems that atm the developer has abandoned this app very quickly. Lots of stuff unfinished. Latest version crashing and no answer from developer

Jul 3, 2018
Stability of previous version?

Just wanted to see if the v0.9.2-stable is stable enough to flash and run until the developer picks this project or another dev takes over.

If anyone could let me know, this is a business phone that actually needs this feature so I don't want to do anything to drastic as it is a Nexus 6p and last thing I want to do is throw it into infinite boot loop. It's running 8.1 Oreo right now. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Just wanted to see if the v0.9.2-stable is stable enough to flash and run until the developer picks this project or another dev takes over.

If anyone could let me know, this is a business phone that actually needs this feature so I don't want to do anything to drastic as it is a Nexus 6p and last thing I want to do is throw it into infinite boot loop. It's running 8.1 Oreo right now. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I've successfully fooled LastPass with it so it's stable on my end but that doesn't mean it will be on your end. I wouldn't recommend messing with a business phone though. Even more so if you're unsure on how to deal with a bootloop.
FYI: I'm running it on a OnePlus One, also on 8.1 Oreo (Resurrection Remix).

Reactions: leadlaboratories
Jul 3, 2018
I've successfully fooled LastPass with it so it's stable on my end but that doesn't mean it will be on your end. I wouldn't recommend messing with a business phone though. Even more so if you're unsure on how to deal with a bootloop.

Thank you for your response. I will weigh any other options and with it being a business phone, it is one of many I have, I just am just setting this device up for a project model and need a device ID changer, like on older Marshmallow and Nougat phones that I have used. Just didn't realize that they had made Device ID app based, which is a pain now.

I have my personal Mate 9 but would prefer to try on the 6p as I have found it easier to fix issues on and is less expensive to replace, if something drastic were to happen. If I feel ballsy enough, I will report my results with that version here as well.

Awesome name and avatar by the way, thanks again.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

Dr.Nop

Nov 14, 2014
Google Pixel 6
Hi,

I'm using the latest LineageOS 15 on my Huawei Nexus 6P and since some period of time (unfortunately I can't determine this exactly) I have troubles changing the Device ID (SSAID).
At the beginning of summer I was using "Device ID Changer" and it worked. Today I wanted to change the SSAID again and it didn't work anymore.
I tried several other tools and none is working. So I found this thread and gave your app a try.
As soon as I tap "commit" it crashes:
Code:
09-17 19:05:06.509 20466 20466 D AndroidRuntime: Shutting down VM
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime: Process: tw.com.constarwu.deviceidchanger, PID: 20466
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 99, Size: 60
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at java.util.ArrayList.set(ArrayList.java:453)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at tw.com.constarwu.deviceidchanger.f.a(Unknown Source:32)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at tw.com.constarwu.deviceidchanger.a$2.onClick(Unknown Source:22)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.support.v7.app.AlertController$b.handleMessage(Unknown Source:23)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6494)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:440)
09-17 19:05:06.510 20466 20466 E AndroidRuntime:        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:807)
09-17 19:05:06.520  4328  6951 W ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity tw.com.constarwu.deviceidchanger/.ActivityMain
09-17 19:05:06.547  4328  4608 I ActivityManager: Showing crash dialog for package tw.com.constarwu.deviceidchanger u0

Maybe it has nothing to do with your app and the reason is in some way my device, but I don't know where else to look further. Maybe the logcat gives you a hint.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

App that helps you monitor Android IDs on your Android devices.

Looking for a Command Line Tool? see The Original Thread.

Screenshots
    7pkoghGl.png
    nhzHjIcl.png
    KxMhJ6ll.png
    18vpX96l.png

Notes
    • Works on Android 8+. (Target 8.1 API27/Min 8.0 API26)
    • Please be advised that any modification can be harmful to your system. Always make a backup to keep your data safe.
    • More features may be coming in the further versions!

Supported Features
    • Look up IDs
    • Modify IDs
    • Backup the settings (export current settings) Coming soon
    • Restore settings (import settings) Coming Soon
    • Detect corrupted setting file Not yet supported

Usage and Confusion Clarify
    1. Open the app.
      • A toast is shown on the app startup to indicate whether root permission is granted or not.
      • The app will NOT work if root permission is not available.

2. Tap on an app in the list that you want to work with.
      • A pop-up box will show up.

3. Modify the values in the text boxes.
      • These values should be hex-strings and should be exactly 16 characters long.
        • A hex string is a string that consists of only digits and characters from 'a' to 'f'.
      • The app automatically guarantees these properties.
        • It's not possible to input invalid characters.
        • If the value does not match the requirements, the "Commit" button will be grayed out.
      • What are "Current ID" and "Default ID"?
        • See this post.
        • "current ID" and "default ID" corresponds to "value" and "default value" in the above post.

4. Tap on the green SAVE button in the bottom right corner.
      • Settings will be written back to the system only if you press this button.

5. Restart your phone.
      • Changes will take effect on the next boot.

Known Bugs
    • Allow invalid values option will not work. (Not implemented and will be removed)
    • There are no known bugs currently for the latest version (0.9.3). If you do find a bug somewhere, please let me know. Thank you! :D

Change Log
    • v0.9.3-stable (16/Apr)
      • Slight UI adjustments.
      • Performance improvements.
    • v0.9.2-stable (13/Apr)
      • Entirely re-designed UI.
      • Added the "save changes" button. Settings won't be written back immediately after a commit now.
    • v0.9.1-stable (12/Apr)
      • Random generation function added.
      • Fully disallow invalid IDs. (Confirm button disappear if the inputted ID is invalid)
      • A new key is used to sign the apk file; please uninstall previous versions first if there are any.
    • v0.9.0 (12/Apr)
      • Major performance improvements.
      • Major stability improvements.
      • Validate IDs inputted.
      • Re-designed output generator for better file layout.
      • UI adjustments.
      • Apps will now be listed in ascending order in terms of their names.
    • v0.0.1 (11/Apr)
      • First experimental release.

Downloads

• Please find the attachments below!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll update this thread soon, heading out for food now. :D:D:D

Just an idea! ;)

Thank you for your response. I will weigh any other options and with it being a business phone, it is one of many I have, I just am just setting this device up for a project model and need a device ID changer, like on older Marshmallow and Nougat phones that I have used. Just didn't realize that they had made Device ID app based, which is a pain now.

I have my personal Mate 9 but would prefer to try on the 6p as I have found it easier to fix issues on and is less expensive to replace, if something drastic were to happen. If I feel ballsy enough, I will report my results with that version here as well.

Awesome name and avatar by the way, thanks again.
    bro, I'm in PIE. (9) do you have a plan to make it supported in PIE? please!!!