[ROM]RoyalThunder V2.1 By: TeamRoyal (06-23-2011)

Search This thread

Elloco305

May 28, 2008
Miami
Google Pixel 6
I think this has the low voltage. I looked at About phone>Software and saw the build number as #113, which corresponds to Faux's LV version. I have issues with the low voltage ones unfortunately so I flashed the SV (#114).

Oh, and I'm still unable to get to HTC Hub. Still getting the region issue.

Thanks. I was just trying to make sure before I flash.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

DADDYDC650

Feb 4, 2010
That's the one... had the same issue in v1.0

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App
It worked! Thanks! Wonder why they left that file in...

Is anyone able to sign into their HTC Sense accounts yet? I've tried on my computer but the site is still under maintenance. Bummer!

Regarding RoyalThunder 1.1, it's awesome! Very beautiful, very fast and very responsive! I always come back to this ROM for some reason. Maybe it's because of the cool name or maybe because of the sweet animated boot screen. Either way, thanks again TeamRoyal! Can't wait to apply Faux123's 1.0 kernal.

Last edited:

blahblah1227

Apr 9, 2009
Is that boot ani wit the crown only for the themed version? Cuz I installed the stock but its just the regular boot ani.. and does that colored status bar come wit the themed version also?

DADDYDC650

Feb 4, 2010
Is that boot ani wit the crown only for the themed version? Cuz I installed the stock but its just the regular boot ani.. and does that colored status bar come wit the themed version also?

Both versions have the same boot ani. Only the themed version has the custom status bar icons.

Question, where can I find the status bar icons found in 1.1 themed? I want to install it on stock 1.1 RoyalThunder. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

negreenfield

Mar 6, 2010
I'm still trying to track down an issue that I've had for a while on this ROM and I'm not sure the root cause. I seem to have a lot of issues switching from Wifi -> 3G/4G and back. When I leave my office or my house for example, connected to wifi, when I get in my car I have four bars but no 3G/H signal. I've found if I turn off wifi the 3G/H signal will come back. In reverse when I move to an area from 3G/H to Wifi, sometimes it won't connect to wifi, and if I disable and enable wifi it will start working. I've had this problem consistently with this ROM. I switched from the LV kernel included to the 0.9.1 SV kernel and the issue is there as well.

Anyone else with this issue at all? I can test other ROMs to see if it's isolated to this but wanted to see if anyone else has the issue as well before I start troubleshooting.

DADDYDC650

Feb 4, 2010
I'm still trying to track down an issue that I've had for a while on this ROM and I'm not sure the root cause. I seem to have a lot of issues switching from Wifi -> 3G/4G and back. When I leave my office or my house for example, connected to wifi, when I get in my car I have four bars but no 3G/H signal. I've found if I turn off wifi the 3G/H signal will come back. In reverse when I move to an area from 3G/H to Wifi, sometimes it won't connect to wifi, and if I disable and enable wifi it will start working. I've had this problem consistently with this ROM. I switched from the LV kernel included to the 0.9.1 SV kernel and the issue is there as well.

Anyone else with this issue at all? I can test other ROMs to see if it's isolated to this but wanted to see if anyone else has the issue as well before I start troubleshooting.
Are you having signal issues? It might just be that the status bar icons behave differently yet have no effect on the actual signal since the ROM does not have any effect on the radio.

negreenfield

Mar 6, 2010
Are you having signal issues? It might just be that the status bar icons behave differently yet have no effect on the actual signal since the ROM does not have any effect on the radio.

There are definitely signal issues, when I try to connect to anything after the wifi -> 3G/H situation occurs, I cannot connect to any data at all until I go through turning off wifi and I see the 3G/H icons.

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
The new boot is the wrong location... Maybe royal missed a symlink in the updater-script or whatever the case u can copy&paste /system/media/bootanimation.zip to /system/customize/resource.

Last edited:
Reactions: RangerLG

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
There are definitely signal issues, when I try to connect to anything after the wifi -> 3G/H situation occurs, I cannot connect to any data at all until I go through turning off wifi and I see the 3G/H icons.
I have had the same issues with the other two dhd roms aswell not sure why though

negreenfield

Mar 6, 2010
I have had the same issues with the other two dhd roms aswell not sure why though

Did you try them with the kernels that came with them or faux's kernels? I actually tried flashing Evil's old kernel from his Desire HD port to this ROM to see if that was related and so far it seems to be working but I need to test more before I find out if that is it at all.

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Did you try them with the kernels that came with them or faux's kernels? I actually tried flashing Evil's old kernel from his Desire HD port to this ROM to see if that was related and so far it seems to be working but I need to test more before I find out if that is it at all.
Actually I didnt I changed them now that u mention it that might be why ill give it another try

JOMOID

Jan 26, 2011
Georgia BWO Chicago
I flashed this last night and ever since it has frozen on me like 8 times and its really annoying.
Especially when you reboot it and school and you can hear the thunder from the boot screen

negreenfield

Mar 6, 2010
Actually I didnt I changed them now that u mention it that might be why ill give it another try

Cool. I don't want to start questions in Faux's thread until I've done more troubleshooting. I wasn't sure if the issue was from the ROM or kernel but it's sounding like it can't be due to the ROM from what DADDYDC650 stated.

I'll try to not to add too much more to this thread while I troubleshoot, don't want to derail it talking about connection issues forever.

DADDYDC650

Feb 4, 2010
The new boot is the wrong location... Maybe royal missed a symlink in the updater-script or whatever the case u can copy&paste /system/media/bootanimation.zip to /system/customize/resource.

What's the problem? I'm trying to understand the point of me moving this file myself. The bootanimation.zip file is in the same location as the RoyalGlacier ROM. No problems here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anything else working/not working?
    Camera, ffc, etc?
    thanks jaywan! anyway we could get this with new updates but stock framework and font? thanks

+1

Sent from my HTC Glacier

I might be able to re-build it with the stock framework and font. I think the new icons and font give the rom a nice touch. But because you asked I will see what I can do.
    Jaywan and I will be releasing an updated version very soon, I am putting the final touches on it now. Then I will shoot it over to him to put some final touches and it will be ready. If you thought it was fast now, wait till you get your hand on the updated version. Smoking!!!!!
    Hey RoyalThunder users, don't think I forgot about you. I will be updating this with the new scripts soon. Which will improve battety life, speed, performance and boot time. Got some cool stuff to update to make this rom even better. The team and I have just been focused on GingerSense our build is built and working just figuring out that last bugs. But RoyalThunder1.1 will be out soon.

Hey just letting you guys know I am helping Jaywan with this I will be posting an update with all the crappy VZW apps removed and I might through in a few extras. lol