[ROOT][FC09]

Search This thread

DroidModder

Jun 14, 2012
In A Box
Hey guys!

I have a root method for the OG Epic on Android 2.3.6 FC09!

All the requirments are that you install ODIN from the link below and download the proper files from the links below as well!!

Step one) put your device into Download Mode
Step 2) Connect to your computer and make sure ODIN recognizes your device
Step 3) Flash the Clockworkmod.tar.md5. Make sure EVERYTHING is unchecked INCLUDING AUTOREBOOT!!!!
Step 4) Once ODIN does its thang, unplug your phone and pull the battery
Step 5) Now reboot into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding the power button, camera, and volume down button until the capacitive buttons at the bottom show
Step 6) Now locate the ROM.zip. It should be called DeodexedFC09.zip
Step 7) Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik Cache, and if you want Wipe Batt Stats
Step 8) Now reboot, and you should be running Stock Rooted FC09!

Enjoy!!

ODIN:http://www.mediafire.com/?66csfeo1ce95ysw

CWM TAR: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357655

Stock FC09:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580931

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
We have had a root method for quite some time now. Same method since EI22.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

DCRocks

Oct 4, 2010
Washington DC
Thanks for trying to help the community, and welcome to the Epic forum

As you can see, some of the old timers like to pounce on the new posters, so please take it all in stride

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Ummm...hi...welcome here...we are all rooted here and have been for a long time. It sounds like you are just writing out the instructions in qbking77's video using my FC09 deodexed ROM to root. Same thing but thanks for trying.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: DroidModder

Forever Justice

Dec 24, 2010
Piqua
Greatly appreciated! If you've got that down...try learning more! There is lots out there to learn! For instance trying different roms and kernals and see what you can find that someone hasn't or learn to build app(I'm working on one). Skys the limits....Always Challenge Yourself, even if you complete one thing.
Thanks for helping the Community, someone will find this helpful!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
Lol, finally our Savior has arrived and taught us all how to root our phones! I thought it could never be done! Haha, jokes aside, thanks for trying to help and welcome to OG epic boot camp.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Haha! Thank you. I'm more experienced than you think but since xda makes you post 10 times before unlocking the goodies, I couldn't share all my knowledge!

With this thread and the necessary hazing required for newbies, I am tempted to ask what your next thread may be? How to install ICS on the Samsung Epic? (Hazing complete)

Last edited:

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
If memory serves; didn't Mkasick write a zip that prevented the stock recovery overwrite? This way, you could leave the "auto reboot" box checked in Odin when rooting? I seem to remember a follow-up QBK77 video chronicling such an event...

Reactions: flastnoles11

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
If memory serves; didn't Mkasick write a zip that prevented the stock recovery overwrite? This way, you could leave the "auto reboot" box checked in Odin when rooting? I seem to remember a follow-up QBK77 video chronicling such an event...

Sure did... its what I ued to mke recovery stick before I realized its an unnecessary step if you're going to flash a rom after anways...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!

I have a root method for the OG Epic on Android 2.3.6 FC09!

All the requirments are that you install ODIN from the link below and download the proper files from the links below as well!!

Step one) put your device into Download Mode
    Step 2) Connect to your computer and make sure ODIN recognizes your device
    Step 3) Flash the Clockworkmod.tar.md5. Make sure EVERYTHING is unchecked INCLUDING AUTOREBOOT!!!!
    Step 4) Once ODIN does its thang, unplug your phone and pull the battery
    Step 5) Now reboot into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding the power button, camera, and volume down button until the capacitive buttons at the bottom show
    Step 6) Now locate the ROM.zip. It should be called DeodexedFC09.zip
    Step 7) Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik Cache, and if you want Wipe Batt Stats
    Step 8) Now reboot, and you should be running Stock Rooted FC09!

Enjoy!!

ODIN:http://www.mediafire.com/?66csfeo1ce95ysw

CWM TAR: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357655

Stock FC09:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580931
    I would recommend either TPR 2.2.1 or Cut & Paste Extra Crispy 2.51. Both of those "gems" have devs that are still active in the forum and in the Roms maintenance. T-hawk has a great custodian in JDelano currently taking care of issues, but the dev of TH and all the other Touchwiz rom devs have moved on or are incognito. Kenny, Nash, Flast and some other senior members are helping out to the best of their ability (which, BTW, is pretty f--ing good!) but if you get stuck or need help you always do best speaking directly to "the chef".

Since you are on CM7 you are also on the MTD partition. You can't flash a BML Rom now. You will have to use Odin to go back to stock with repartion checked.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

And the pit file. Don't forget the pit file.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus
    Haha! Thank you. I'm more experienced than you think but since xda makes you post 10 times before unlocking the goodies, I couldn't share all my knowledge!

thanks droid. although the information is old i do like the clear manner in which you laid out the steps not a lot of fluff. and definitely prefer text over video.