DNA Verizon OTA Package Zip 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA 2/14/13

Search This thread

collegencmc

Jun 18, 2009
I got a new DNA due to a insurance claim, I unlocked the bootloade then relock locked and RUU back to stock after that I moved to thenew update version. The issue now I can't reunlock it. I use the cid-2.apk and it shows

< waiting for device >
(bootloader) cid: 22222222
OKAY [ 0.002s]
finished. total time: 0.003s

I get the Unlock_code.bin it ask me to unlock and I say yes. However after reboot it still shows as relocked. Did I do something wrong or do I need to RUU all the way back and start this all over again? Any input you all can provide would be great.

Thanks,

Last edited:

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Always ask first before you do something so drastic as an OTA.
There is currently no way I know of, post-OTA, to unlock if you are S-On.
If you had S-Off'd first, you would've been fine.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Always ask first before you do something so drastic as an OTA.
There is currently no way I know of, post-OTA, to unlock if you are S-On.
If you had S-Off'd first, you would've been fine.

Sent from my HTC DNA

If already unlocked. A user can lock phone. Accept ota. Then unlock again while being s-on

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I got a new DNA due to a insurance claim, I unlocked the bootloade then relock locked and RUU back to stock after that I moved to thenew update version. The issue now I can't reunlock it. I use the cid-2.apk and it shows

< waiting for device >
(bootloader) cid: 22222222
OKAY [ 0.002s]
finished. total time: 0.003s

I get the Unlock_code.bin it ask me to unlock and I say yes. However after reboot it still shows as relocked. Did I do something wrong or do I need to RUU all the way back and start this all over again? Any input you all can provide would be great.

Thanks,

Make sure you turn your phone completely off. Boot into hboot then fastboot. Then try unlock.

collegencmc

Jun 18, 2009
If already unlocked. A user can lock phone. Accept ota. Then unlock again while being s-on

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Make sure you turn your phone completely off. Boot into hboot then fastboot. Then try unlock.

That worked thank you very very very much!!!! Now that I'm unlocked can do s-off? I just read the s-off exploit and it said:

" If you have taken the OTA for the DNA (sw version 2.xx) without FIRST obtaining superCID, there is no superCID nor s-off method for you currently.:"
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155069

But since I unlocked with superCID before taking the OTA update, so I'm not sure if I can do s-off. Just want to make sure I don't run into a problem here since I took the update after relocking and then unlocking.

Thanks

Last edited:

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
That worked thank you very very very much!!!! Now that I'm unlocked can do s-off? I just read the s-off exploit and it said:

" If you have taken the OTA for the DNA (sw version 2.xx) without FIRST obtaining superCID, there is no superCID nor s-off method for you currently.:"
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155069

But since I unlocked with superCID before taking the OTA update, so I'm not sure if I can do s-off. Just want to make sure I don't run into a problem here since I took the update after relocking and then unlocking.

Thanks

You can do it. I did s-off when on the OTA unlocked.

collegencmc

Jun 18, 2009
You can do it. I did s-off when on the OTA unlocked.

Thanks Flyhalf205 I was able to get s-off had to power down just like i did for the unlock process but once I did that I was able to get it s-off. Thanks again for all the help. Do you know of a safe way to remove persistent WiFi and GPS Reticle on this OTA version? When I try to do make those mods the status bar crashes on boot up.

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the raw Verizon OTA DNA 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA update.

You cannot flash this. I pulled it from my cache after downloading it.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474558

When I get home tonight(in 5 hours) I'll flash it and try to unlock.. But i am sure within the hours someone will have already done that and reported :p

Don't flash it. The hboot will relock. Wait for devs like me to put out a stock ROM patched before trying..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    i am by no means a developer but I did unzip the file and peek around there is a folder called firmware.zip and inside it has what appears to be all new

boot.img
    hboot_signedbyaa.img
    radio.img
    recovery.img

and a file called android-info.txt with the text

modelid: PL8320000 cidnum: VZW__001 mainver: 2.04.605.2 btype:1 aareport:1 hbootpreupdate:12

so yeah i wouldn't flash this.. but who am I to tell you what to do.. :D
    Can't wait to see what useful bits the developers find in there.

Maybe at least beaups and Jcase can look to see if it plugs any of the exploits.
    Can't wait to see what useful bits the developers find in there.

Maybe at least beaups and Jcase can look to see if it plugs any of the exploits.

Well the only "good" way to really look is for someone to install the update....