slimport not working

Search This thread

kicsrules

Apr 13, 2012
i have a samsung tv (old tv but still 720p) that if i connect the nexus 5 via slimport it works really well, but if i connect the nexus 7 .... all it shows is black picture, when there is no picture a msg appears as no signal, in this case only black is showing, don´t know what settings to change in order to work correctly

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
i have a samsung tv (old tv but still 720p) that if i connect the nexus 5 via slimport it works really well, but if i connect the nexus 7 .... all it shows is black picture, when there is no picture a msg appears as no signal, in this case only black is showing, don´t know what settings to change in order to work correctly

Are you using a custom ROM? May not be incorporated yet. It has always worked flawless on my ROM setup. If it's working on one and not the other, that's where I would start.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kicsrules

Apr 13, 2012
no, the tablet is not rooted, stock 4.4.2 ... :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kicsrules

Apr 13, 2012
no one ?...

i dont think its the cable or the slimport adapter because it use the same adapter and cable with the nexus 5 and works perfectly

:/

Da Flex

Jan 30, 2014
I'm using a Nexus 7/2013 with original Slimport adapter on a Panasonic TV. It's not plug-and-play most of the time. :(

But rebooting the tablet will make it work. Stay on the TV's HDMI input channel while the tablet is rebooting. :good:

I think it's a problem around the handshake protocol of HDMI.