Camera: can't focus near objects. No macro mode?!

Search This thread

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
Guys, I didn't find the macro mode inside camera setting and the auto focus simply can't focus when I try to shoot an object near the camera, differently from Note I and Note II. Even on Galaxy S II the focus of near objects is better.

It's like impossible to take detailed near pictures, I always need a minimal distance of about 20 centimeters.

Any workaround except from installing a third-party camera app?

Edit: The minimum distance needed to focus to work is about 20 centimeters. Less than this the camera simply can't focus!

Last edited:

carols

Dec 30, 2010
Guys, I didn't find the macro mode inside camera setting and the auto focus simply can't focus when I try to shoot an object near the camera, differently from Note I and Note II. Even on Galaxy S II the focus of near objects is better.

It's like impossible to take detailed near pictures, I always need a minimal distance of about 20 centimeters.

Any workaround except from installing a third-party camera app?

Edit: The minimum distance needed to focus to work is about 20 centimeters. Less than this the camera simply can't focus!

i have the same problem

Sheeezy

May 9, 2013
I just tried and I must admit, that you are probably right.
Also there is no macro setting in the advanced options.
Is this software or hardware related ?

Edit:
Looks like its only software related as these guys are reporting to use another camera app

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
I just tried and I must admit, that you are probably right.
Also there is no macro setting in the advanced options.
Is this software or hardware related ?

Edit:
Looks like its only software related as these guys are reporting to use another camera app

Yeah, I already heard before that this was a software related issue. It's shamefully incredible that a powerful device comes with a basic feature messed up like on this case!

Apr 8, 2014
I used to have the same problem. but i found solution which is downloading alternative application for macro mode

i am now using FV-5 camera application which has macro mode. and it works pretty good as note 2 which i used before note 3

i recommend this app for whomever has been suffering from this issue.

in my opinion there is no problem in terms of soft or hard ware. i dare assume that samsung didn't add this function for some reason.