[Q] Touchpad won't turn on

Search This thread

X-Nemesis

Jun 12, 2012
Kitchener
I was resizing the partitions for the 4.4.2 install following Roland's youtube instructions. I placed the zip package in the cminstall folder and than ran the installcm5 bat file and let the tp do it's thing but it farted out after a few minutes and was non responsive. Now it won't even turn on to be recognized by WebOS Doctor. Is TPDebrick my only option and if so, is there a noob friendly run through of how to use it in windows?

Mar 3, 2014
I was resizing the partitions for the 4.4.2 install following Roland's youtube instructions. I placed the zip package in the cminstall folder and than ran the installcm5 bat file and let the tp do it's thing but it farted out after a few minutes and was non responsive. Now it won't even turn on to be recognized by WebOS Doctor. Is TPDebrick my only option and if so, is there a noob friendly run through of how to use it in windows?

TPDebrick requires Ubuntu. It's unlikely your pad is completely fried though. TPDebrick works miracles.

Mar 3, 2014
You can download the version of Ubuntu required for free, download software that turns it into a Live USB (runs off a jump drive) version for free, and run Ubuntu and TPDebrick for free. The only roadblock is your own time and ability to read/comprehend the instructions. It really comes down to whether or not you want to fix it.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR