[ROM] [8.1.x] ArrowOS 8.x Oreo Official for Honor 5x (kiwi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
ArrowOS is an AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day.
Telegram: Channel | Group
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact

WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

INSTRUCTIONS
Clean Flash
  1. Download The ROM & GApps
  2. Wipe: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache
  3. Flash ROM + GApps
  4. Reboot & Enjoy
Dirty Flash
  1. Download the ROM
  2. Wipe: Dalvik and Cache
  3. Flash ROM (+Magisk if rooted previously or if want root)
  4. Reboot & Enjoy

DOWNLOADS
ROM: SourceForge
Gapps: GZR Gapps Zero (pico) | Ezio Gapps Mini (nano) | Open Gapps

Note : Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended. We don't prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps

Special thanks to
@BadDaemon
AOSP
LineageOS
Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic
Maxwen
Alex Cruz
scoute-dich
Tibor Kaputa
And all other Open Source - Developers,Teams and Organisations
Hit a DM if we missed someone - you can always look at GitHub to find more contributors!

XDA:DevDB Information
ArrowOS, ROM for the Honor 5X

Contributors
coldhans
Source Code: http://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_huawei_kiwi

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Official MM (non-VoLTE) firmware
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-12-17

Created 2018-09-25
Last Updated 2019-03-03

Last edited:

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Coldhans, I know you're working on two roms for this device. Is arrow your own implementation, and that's why it's unoffical? I'd rather put this on my phone if it is. I know I shouldn't ask, but the other rom that you're working on(crdroid) says it's able to install magisk, so is there no root implementation on this one too? Can I install any root, or does one already exist on this? This will make up my mind up on which to install.

Last edited:

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
Coldhans, I know you're working on two roms for this device. Is arrow your own implementation, and that's why it's unoffical? I'd rather put this on my phone if it is. I know I shouldn't ask, but the other rom that you're working on(crdroid) says it's able to install magisk, so is there no root implementation on this one too? Can I install any root, or does one already exist on this? This will make up my mind up on which to install.

Arrow's next build will be official.

crDroid uses LOS inbuilt root; Arrow doesn't have root built in and will require Magisk or another root solution.

hemanth.k

Oct 17, 2016
Visakhapatnam
Nothing Phone 1
A couple issues i have got.
WhatsApp camera + Video calling - works by itself at times but mostly doesnt
Video playback on WhatsApp (+GIF) and Instagram doesn't work good.
Does anyone have the issues?

And the volume in call is very low.
Is there a workaround apart from using Custom Kernel (when we have it) and tweaking the speaker gain?

Mem_0

Oct 4, 2014
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
nice rom .. real thx .. only one problems till now
is that online videos doesn't play .. like in instagram and facebook and whatsapp statues and stuff like that
sometime is just keep loading other times sound plays only with out video
I have attached log cats .. maybe it can help out .. first time so idk if it done right
thx u

Attachments

• insta.txt
    132.6 KB · Views: 66

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
I seem to have a little problem with the rom upon startup. Phone boots, loads the rom, then, after a few seconds, the screen fades to black. The rom is loaded, and you can hear the double tap, notifications, etc. I have to press the power button, until the screen turns on(the reboot menu shows too, but that's expected). Everything is fine after that, and the rom/phone is very stable, and smooth. I don't think it's a hardware problem, it doesn't show up anywhere else(even in recovery). Is there certain apps that this rom doesn't like? It runs like a charm, even when rooted, except this. Also if it's rooted, don't put kernel aditor(mod) in internal storage, it will make the system close, and reopen apps( The only reinstall I had to make after). Great smooth rom, coldhans, you did a good job on this.

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Found out that the screen lock(pin, don't know about pattern, only use pin) may have something to do with it. Turned that off, phone booted normally. When the official rom is released, will it be enforcing, or permissive?
Can't use the fingerprint button because of Google's
insistence on having a lock method with the setup. I need that for my camera. Any ideas? A way to bypass that? It's a smooth rom regardless.

Last edited:

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Battery drain is still good for a old phone(of course using greenify) , the room seems well balanced. Apps are doing their usual tricks with notifications, and the power draw is a touch better. Good start.

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
Official builds have started! See the updated link in the OP.

Edit: Changelog for this week: Added full rootless Substratum support, merged October security patches.

SELinux is still permissive as of now.

I'll follow up with bug reports in this thread soon, I've been a little busy with work. :cowboy: (thanks especially to @reggjoo for being so active, know that I'm paying attention!)

Last edited:

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
Dirty flashed, per your instructions. Don't reboot phone after, when installing magisk, install it right after you install official( with a dalvik/cache wipe before, and after rom install) . Update went smoothly, no probs.

Reactions: orzowey

cannabiod

Aug 16, 2008
Very nice rom, ik have encountered no problems so far, music plays good battery drain is excellent, so far everything works good, thanks a lot. I will post my findings when encountering problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts