[Q] CWM can't open /cache/

Search This thread

Feeshie

Jan 20, 2011
I have been having this issue with CWM ever since I updated CWM, and I can't figure out how to solve it. I'm running CWM v 6.0.4.5 and Slim Kat 3.8(don't want to update until problem is fixed).

Errors:

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

I've searched and found a few solutions:

1) unmount and mount SD card(didn't work)
2) go back to stock (my last resort)
3) wipe cache(didn't work)

There's a lot of threads about this issue, but I can't really find a solution and most cases their S3 can't boot while mine runs perfectly fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Helps if you tell us exactly what you want to do, and exactly what you are doing and have done.

All I can say from your posted info is can you not just mount /cache and then access the files located on it? Did you try going back to the previous version recovery? Have you given TWRP a shot? Why are you trying to mount the individual files/folders? Maybe I missed something, but Im not sure what you are trying to accomplish.....

Feeshie

Jan 20, 2011
Those errors appear when I enter CWM without doing anything. It started appearing after updating my recovery and flashing Slimkat.

Woops, it's actually:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Those errors appear when I enter CWM without doing anything. It started appearing after updating my recovery and flashing Slimkat.

Woops, it's actually:

Oh, well thats weird! I would try a previous version of CWM, try TWRP, and/or try a different kernel.

CWM does that. It's harmless.

I'm pretty sure the issues I had with d2tmo TWRP have been fixed, safe to recommend. Switch to TWRP. Also good ROM choice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Woops, it's actually:

Oh, well thats weird! I would try a previous version of CWM, try TWRP, and/or try a different kernel.

CWM does that. It's harmless.

I'm pretty sure the issues I had with d2tmo TWRP have been fixed, safe to recommend. Switch to TWRP. Also good ROM choice.