[SCRIPT][MULTILANG] Swordrune10's Android Kitchen

Search This thread

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
I myself use scripts (that i wrote of course) to build so i wanted to share them with you guys!

spent a few days rearranging, and on some completely redoing, my scripts to come up with this easy to use, dare i say pretty if your into ascii, kitchen.

Features
  • Setup, update, build, and fix
  • Update kitchen app through script
  • Build enviroment installation (64 bit only) currently supports Ubuntu 10.04 - 14.04, with general support for Fedora, Debian, Linux Mint, Arch Linux, and with semi-general support for Mac OS X
  • Able to build Android Open Kang Project, Android Open Source Project, Carbon, Cyanogenmod 10.2, Cyanogenmod 11, Evervolv, omnirom, PAC-man, and ParanoidAndroid
  • Designed to build for nexus devices, but supports other devices

kitchen.png

the recommended file directory is as follows:
Code:
android/swordkitchen
android/swordkitchen/.scripts
# Everything below is made by the kitchen
android/repos/[all the repositorys u sync]
android/builds/[the roms that are made]

Instructions:
  • Boot into a 64-bit Unix System: supports Ubuntu 10.04 - 13.10, with general support for Fedora, Debian, Linux Mint, Arch Linux
  • Download and install using the script linked below
  • Either click swordkitchen.sh which will open in terminal or open terminal, change directory to the installed folder, and type in ./swordkitchen.sh
  • Inside Kitchen now!
  • Go to setup kitchen and run 1 (installation of repo) and 2 (setup build enviroment)
  • Initialize the desired repo(s) and sync when it asks if you want to
  • Go back, and go to the build menu, select what u want to build and omg! ur building a rom!! =O
  • Optional:
  • Tweak the romeditor or gitpuller as u like it.. ur changes in these files reflect towards ur builds

You can just use repo to grab it if you want..
Code:
Stable Version:
repo init -u http://github.com/TeamKeyblade/kitchen_manifest.git -b stable

Developer Version ( the one i push to when working on kitchen ):
repo init -u http://github.com/TeamKeyblade/kitchen_manifest.git -b master

these can work in the ~/bin folder, if anyone puts it anywhere not in your home folder please let me know and ill see about making it work perfectly from there. Below should be in ur path on login if you decide to put it in ~/bin

Code:
 $HOME/bin/kitchen:$HOME/bin/kitchen/build:$HOME/bin/kitchen/update:$HOME/bin/kitchen/menu:$HOME/bin/kitchen/config

Languages:
  • English (Completed)
  • Russian (Completed)
  • German (Completed)
  • Dutch (Completed)
  • Spanish (Incomplete)
  • Brazilian Portuguese (Incomplete)

This kitchen is totally open sourced!

Please use Kitchen to update, script below is for installation

Older tarballs of the kitchen can be found here

Kitchen Installer: SourceForge link for swordkitchen_installer.bash

Join me on freenode channel #Swordrune10Kitchen

Last edited:

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
Changelog:
4/27/14
retardedbabelfish: fixed language not saving issue
Add Ubuntu 14.04 also updated translation files

4/21/14
Had a few users having issues with selecting a language, and this bugfix should squash the issue
issue reported by @flyboy1100
Fix retardedbabelfish missing language file

2/5/14
Added Dutch Translations

2/4/14
German translations is now complete!

1/26/14
Added Russian, was translated, Marked as active
special thanks to App Translators thread and @gaich for making this happen

1/24/14
my translation project is finished! currently the translation framework is done, but the translation files are a bit lacking.. if any of u want to help please let me know! our languages which have been started is spanish, german, and brazilian portuguese

1/14/14
I am now starting a project for this kitchen to be translated to multiple languages, for right now i am adding spanish and french using google translate.. as soon as the framework is situated i will invite anyone to help me with native translations.. also if you want to see a language added please ask me to include it and help translate the language!

Update changes in repos: update omni vendorsetup naming scheme, Update pacman's manifest location, and Update ParanoidAndroid's source location and update them to kitkat as well
Update specific build commands per repo
Add freenode channel info to error messages
Add Copyright info under apache license 2
move base scripts to a folder named utility

EDIT: Decided to initially add also german, italian, japanese, and korean as well.. this came about because my wife just grabbed a copy of Pokemon Y and that was the language choices

1/2/14
hey guys, been busy working on this and other stuff to actually post.. i have been working on this kitchen, let me tell u a summary of whats been going on
now possible to run auto builder from menu
update manifest always if manifest already exists
Use signapk.jar built for aosp during instead of prebuilt
use repodefiner for repo variables
specify manifest xml file/change cm10.2 to stable branch
fixed double zip variable, causing the build for cm to be double in size
mirror how cm is made from hudson
If user is root, make files read and write for everyone
lots of bug fixing and updating as well

11/5/13
Added Cyanogenmod 11
Removed Cyanogenmod 9 & 10, also Rooted & Busyboxed AOSP

11/3/13
add aosp 4.4 as a seperate repo, will take place of 4.3 later
Add Nexus 5
Fix AOSP/RAOSP tweaks after building
Before building, mute error if cant find vendorsetup.sh in vendor folder
also will be adding new tarball asap!

10/17/13
Add Ubuntu 13.10 setup
new tarball will be out on sourceforge later today

10/14/13
Added omnirom/Removed Codename Android
scriptmakir: clean up gitpuller and make it up to date

10/13/13
Updated swordkitchen_installer to now have .bash at the end of the name to signify it runs in bash, also made it so it will run in bash regardless of anything.. even if you do "sh swordkitchen_installer.bash"
scriptmakir: remove duplicate device/sample for cm-10.2

10/11/13
I now have a sourceforge project for the kitchen and i also now have an installer script instead of just posting tarballs.. tarballs will still be available and will be made every so often on sourceforge, i will be posting the changelog here still so stick around!

Updated repo binary location for both reposync and macosxinit

10/10/13
Update aosp/raosp to 4.3.1 release 1
Added Ccache to building, not mandatory
Change back to cyanogenmod for tilapia
Finally stop the script if zip isnt present, this makes the end alot cleaner when it errors out
PACman and ParanoidAndroid now builds correctly
Fixed building, forgot i changed the jobs variable in headerfile

Full Changelog

Last edited:

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
Good work. Just wondering, what is the benefit of this script over for instance this compiler tool: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/05/gui-cyanogenmod-compiler-tool-for-ubuntu/ ?

honestly? that tool is probably a lot better.. I made this as a learning experience ;)

EDIT: actually now that i think about it mine is kinda better on the fact that my updates itself (as in the actual "program"), u know exactly whats in it since its all scripts, and im gonna put into it ability to modify the rom before its built

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Last edited:

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
Is this something that a newbie could use? I want to get into building a rom for myself, it this easy to use for that?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using XDA

swordrune10

Mar 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.swordrune10.net
Is this something that a newbie could use? I want to get into building a rom for myself, it this easy to use for that?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using XDA

yes, whole reason I made this is for new people.. right now its missing setting up the build environment, but that's next on my plate.. I'll probably finish that tomorrow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Top Liked Posts