Must use new sim

Search This thread

cloudraker

Dec 2, 2011
Lafayette, In
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Not sure if this is the right place but this post is just to inform people of what i learned the hard way today.

There are new SIM cards, they should come shipped with your phone. If you are like me, you just toss your old card in and go with it. I was unable to get LTE with it, but i didnt know that was the issue. I went to the store, they gave me a new SIM to try, and the same thing. The manager got involved and when she looked at the SIM she said it wasnt right. Apparently, the new SIM cards have grey and purple on them in one of the corners. Not 100% what it is but one of the guys said it had something to do with ISIS.

Anyways, long story short if you are getting 4g in the notification, but not LTE and you ,know you are in an LTE area, make sure you are using one of the new SIM cards, it is apparently a requirement because as soon as we put one in, i was good to go.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Not sure if this is the right place but this post is just to inform people of what i learned the hard way today.

There are new SIM cards, they should come shipped with your phone. If you are like me, you just toss your old card in and go with it. I was unable to get LTE with it, but i didnt know that was the issue. I went to the store, they gave me a new SIM to try, and the same thing. The manager got involved and when she looked at the SIM she said it wasnt right. Apparently, the new SIM cards have grey and purple on them in one of the corners. Not 100% what it is but one of the guys said it had something to do with ISIS.

Anyways, long story short if you are getting 4g in the notification, but not LTE and you ,know you are in an LTE area, make sure you are using one of the new SIM cards, it is apparently a requirement because as soon as we put one in, i was good to go.

More than likely the ISIS issue has to do with a secure element SIM. LTE should be available as long as a LTE enabled SIM is used but it will be interesting to see if AT&T has changed the game again. I guess we will soon know when others try to use their LTE enabled SIMs (from their S4s) in their S5s.

cloudraker

Dec 2, 2011
Lafayette, In
Google Pixel 6 Pro
More than likely the ISIS issue has to do with a secure element SIM. LTE should be available as long as a LTE enabled SIM is used but it will be interesting to see if AT&T has changed the game again. I guess we will soon know when others try to use their LTE enabled SIMs (from their S4s) in their S5s.

I was using an LTE enabled SIM from my G2, and the new one they gave me originally was also an LTE enabled SIM. Thats the reason for this post. The new SIM has to be used, at least thats the only way they were able to get LTE to work on mine and i truly dont think thats coincidence.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
I was using an LTE enabled SIM from my G2, and the new one they gave me originally was also an LTE enabled SIM. Thats the reason for this post. The new SIM has to be used, at least thats the only way they were able to get LTE to work on mine and i truly dont think thats coincidence.

That's interesting, but not surprising. I have to wonder if they did it to keep people from just switching SIM cards from an older phone to a newer phone without telling AT&T.

Reactions: cloudraker

ghost77

May 23, 2010
LTE worked for me with old sim i had from SGS4 , but ISIS complained that it's not secure sim ect. ISIS wont work with old sim, if you dont care for ISIS old sim should get you LTE if you had it before.

New sim did come with the my SGS5 phone when i preordered , droped that in called customer rep to provision it and was set.

shockandawe

Jan 6, 2012
Washington DC
ordered mine with Next program, and it shipped with a new sim. Ignored the new sim. popped my nano sim card in using an adapter and works well and I get LTE.

ExTREmE99

Jul 26, 2006
Bay Area, CA
not true. i popped the same micro sim from my S3 into my S5 last night and it worked perfectly fine. LTE works and is just as fast. the only thing was the ISIS app was complaining that i needed to use the new sim to use the new features. I disabled ISIS completely and no more notifications.

cavsoldier19d

Feb 1, 2011
Florida
not true. i popped the same micro sim from my S3 into my S5 last night and it worked perfectly fine. LTE works and is just as fast. the only thing was the ISIS app was complaining that i needed to use the new sim to use the new features. I disabled ISIS completely and no more notifications.

I am also using my S3 sim in my S5 showing LTE and getting LTE speeds with no error messages. Not sure what ISIS is though.

laofan

Oct 27, 2011
Virginia Beach
Pretty sure the new gray sim card is built out of security to use ISIS ( an E- wallet that use money in your cellphone account, etc ).
When I switch from G2 to Note 3, the guy in AT&T store ask me to change the sim card.

The season is just to make sure ISIS is secure when you doing transaction using your phone

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Pretty sure the new gray sim card is built out of security to use ISIS ( an E- wallet that use money in your cellphone account, etc ).
When I switch from G2 to Note 3, the guy in AT&T store ask me to change the sim card.

The season is just to make sure ISIS is secure when you doing transaction using your phone

Well, that's exactly what I said to start with but the OP insisted a new SIM was needed for LTE.

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
Also using a SIM that is about 2 years old.

On top of that I was constantly (like 2-3 times a week) switching between an S4, Nexus 5, and an iphone 5 with out issues and got LTE on all of them.

cloudraker

Dec 2, 2011
Lafayette, In
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well, that's exactly what I said to start with but the OP insisted a new SIM was needed for LTE.

Maybe im just a bad bad man trying to spread misinformation to the masses. J/K

I was simply sharing what had been determined by myself and a few at the AT&T store. If its wrong, i apologize. Like i stated we had tested with 2 other SIM cards, the old style and even after several reboots, we could never get it to switch from 4g to 4g LTE. Of course as its been mentioned here, i also find it odd that in the time we had other SIM cards in, i never saw an ISIS error. Maybe my phone is just jank.

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
No harm in the info just had that problem today with gf pro. She wanted to use isis to get the free 50 bones they are offering and she had to get the new Sim with secure in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bookmonke

Dec 12, 2011
My question is will Google wallet still work after the new Sim it installed and setup with old Sim have not tested tap and pay yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
My question is will Google wallet still work after the new Sim it installed and setup with old Sim have not tested tap and pay yet

That wasn't easy to follow, but if you are asking if you can switch back to an old sim card after ISIS is setup, the answer is no. The new sim with the secure element must be used for ISIS to function.

bookmonke

Dec 12, 2011
Yes it was but have wallet already set up and want to get the new Sim, was hoping it doesn't kill wallet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's interesting, but not surprising. I have to wonder if they did it to keep people from just switching SIM cards from an older phone to a newer phone without telling AT&T.