Firewater doesn't DO Anything

Search This thread

titanshadow

Feb 17, 2012
Lexington, KY
home.blazingumbra.com
I'm using a new out of the box Verizon HTC One M8, Android v4.4.2, software version 1.12.605.11, Sense v6.0. I've managed to get root with WeakSauce easily enough. But I have to wait about 30 seconds after reboot for root to return after doing adb reboot from the Firewater instructions.

Once root returns, which is always does, I try running firewater and it just drops back to the command line, does nothing at all.

Any ideas? I could really use some help!

DroidRootz

Feb 20, 2014
any advice for someone that only has a mac ?

is it doable or do I really need a windows machine ?

drzoo2

Feb 6, 2011
Reactions: DroidRootz

DroidRootz

Feb 20, 2014
Read the last post in this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708628

There is nothing about Windows that adds any magic to the process. If anything, dealing with drivers adds another level of complexity. I have used Firewater S-off from Linux with no issues.

Thanks - that's the guide I followed and eventually got it all working

the weird thing on the mac is firewater downloads as a generic document instead of a unix executable file - once I changed that it worked correctly

gigilentini8

Aug 21, 2012
I'm using a new out of the box Verizon HTC One M8, Android v4.4.2, software version 1.12.605.11, Sense v6.0. I've managed to get root with WeakSauce easily enough. But I have to wait about 30 seconds after reboot for root to return after doing adb reboot from the Firewater instructions.

Once root returns, which is always does, I try running firewater and it just drops back to the command line, does nothing at all.

Any ideas? I could really use some help!

same problem here, tried with windows, mac and linux and different browsers. Also tried with 2 different version of firewater bin
It just does not do anything.
any clue?

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
same problem here, tried with windows, mac and linux and different browsers. Also tried with 2 different version of firewater bin
It just does not do anything.
any clue?

Firewater won't work no matter what version you use. It was server dependant and that server has been taken down. Sunshine or a Java card are the only options now. If you're on lollipop, the Java card is the only option you have at this time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts