Please lend me ROM guidance

Search This thread

skidawgz

Apr 12, 2010
I never allowed the first big update (im on 4.3), assuming Verizon would slow my phone down. So, what steps and which ROM do you suggest? I am really just looking to tether(wired and wireless) and want the phone to stay smooth. I don't want to lose any S-Pen or Samsung functions but do not care for Touchwiz.

Thanks for advice!

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I never allowed the first big update (im on 4.3), assuming Verizon would slow my phone down. So, what steps and which ROM do you suggest? I am really just looking to tether(wired and wireless) and want the phone to stay smooth. I don't want to lose any S-Pen or Samsung functions but do not care for Touchwiz.

Thanks for advice!

S-pen is a touchwiz implementation so for the most part you are stuck there. Go through the stock based ROMs, find something debloated, back up, try it, then maybe look for some AOSP type themes and apps for your phone. You will have to do some of the leg work and research as there is no easy path for you to get what you are asking.

Last edited:

skidawgz

Apr 12, 2010
S-pen is a touchwiz implementation so for the most part you are stuck there. Go through the stock based ROMs, find something debloated, back up, try it, then maybe look for some AOSP type themes and apps for your phone. You will have to do some of the leg work and research as there is no easy path for you to get what you are asking.

Should I accept the OTA update first or does it not matter? I'm not sure what NC2 vs NC4 is.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
nope, i am not. i am on 4.3... and you just saved me from being severly angry later.

Yeah...gotta love Verizon!! OK...so you should proceed as mentioned in that thread. I am a Sprint user but try to keep up on everything under my watch. I will leave you in, I am sure, very capable hands by the awesome Samsung users around here.