[MOD/How to] Remove "You have lost data connectivity" roaming notification

Search This thread

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
This is annoying, so here's how to remove it.

How-to for devs:

Decompile SecPhone.apk or classes.dex from SecPhone.apk

Open com\android\phone\NotificationMgr.smali

FIND:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

REMOVE BELOW:
Code:
    invoke-virtual {v4, v5}, Landroid/content/Context;->getString(I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v4

iget-object v5, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v5, v6, v0, v6}, Landroid/app/PendingIntent;->getActivity(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/content/Intent;I)Landroid/app/PendingIntent;

move-result-object v0

invoke-virtual {v1, v2, v3, v4, v0}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mNotificationManager:Landroid/app/NotificationManager;

const/4 v2, 0x7

invoke-virtual {v0, v2, v1}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V

CODE RESULT:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

return-void

Compile SecPhone.apk or classes.dex and push SecPhone.apk to phone.

Below is a flashable zip in both odex and deodex forms.

Enjoy. :)

Here's the Odexed version. Thanks Didact74!: here

Attachments

• Galaxy-S-fre3-NoRoamingNotifDeOdexLG8.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 1,231
  • Galaxy-S-fre3-RestorePhoneOdexLG8.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 393
Last edited:

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta

How-to for devs:

FIND:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

REMOVE BELOW:
Code:
    invoke-virtual {v4, v5}, Landroid/content/Context;->getString(I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v4

iget-object v5, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v5, v6, v0, v6}, Landroid/app/PendingIntent;->getActivity(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/content/Intent;I)Landroid/app/PendingIntent;

move-result-object v0

invoke-virtual {v1, v2, v3, v4, v0}, Landroid/app/Notification;->setLatestEventInfo(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Landroid/app/PendingIntent;)V

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/phone/NotificationMgr;->mNotificationManager:Landroid/app/NotificationManager;

const/4 v2, 0x7

invoke-virtual {v0, v2, v1}, Landroid/app/NotificationManager;->notify(ILandroid/app/Notification;)V

CODE RESULT:
Code:
    const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

return-void

Damn man you just keep it coming don't you? I was at home yesterday and that message kept popping up and it is annoying as hell, thanks a lot Freeza!

Reactions: freeza

evoer

Jul 22, 2010
far far away
Works perfectly (I can barely even roam at home) so it was almost always popping up, one less annoying thing in my life, thank you Sir

notmyepic

Mar 19, 2011
Livonia, MI
I thank you for this also. Being in Detroit where 3g sucks, this came in so much that i called Sprint and talked to 3 different techs that did not know as much as my noobly self. I have finally learned to deal with it, but not anymore thanks to freeza!

Reactions: freeza

jr71x

Jul 17, 2008
Des Moines
Yes this pops up everywhere for me, thank you. Will the dex/odex work on other roms, still using yours atm:eek:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Optimal Carnage

Nov 5, 2010
Cleveland, OH
But sure why but i got constant phone force close issues and had to nandroid this broke my phone to the point of unusable. Everyone else is doing fine so I'm not sure what's up. I'm in stock lg8 odex. Only mood i have is center clock and wifi mode selection added back

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

motog35

Oct 17, 2010
After installing this, my phone keeps force closing "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped".

I cannot get the phone operable at this point. I had not done a nandroid!!! I also tried to wipe cache and delvik cache but still no luck.

Can anyone please help? I am stock, rooted. Flashed ODEX version.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How-to for devs:

FIND:
    Code:
        const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

REMOVE BELOW:
    Code:

move-result-object v4

move-result-object v0

const/4 v2, 0x7

CODE RESULT:
    Code:
        const v5, 0x7f0e00b9

return-void

Here's the Odexed version. Thanks Didact74!: here
    Thank you sir. Love how you all share the information and knowledge. Going to get this done this evening.
    I had the same problem with the odexed version so I took the deodexed version and re-odexed it. It works fine for me now. Let me know if this works for you other odexed guys as well. If you get an error you can just use the revert file Freeza posted.

This is still Freeza's work, all I did was re-odex it!

Nandroid!! LOL
    Nice :) will have to include in FreeGS3
    You deserve about a billion Thanks for this.