[Q] [SOLVED] Stuck in ODIN after a soft brick

Search This thread

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo
Hello!
I've been flashing stock ROM for my ACE via ODIN. then I had a cut. hopefully the phone can get in download mode. but when i start normally there's a message of phone with a yellow sign trying to connect to computer. ODIN is STUCK with this message:
<1> START!!!
<1> set download environment.
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> mibib download..
PLEASE HELP ASAP! because one can not live without his ACE ! :(

Last edited:

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012
Hello!
I've been flashing stock ROM for my ACE via ODIN. then I had a cut. hopefully the phone can get in download mode. but when i start normally there's a message of phone with a yellow sign trying to connect to computer. ODIN is STUCK with this message:
<1> START!!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> mibib download..

Try doing to Download Mode combo.. (Vol- Home Power) then hit start.

Luckier than me, the stock ROM I flashed through Ace had a corrupt boot.img- happy hard brick:D

Reactions: Samadony

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
a yellow exclamation mark between a pc and phone icon is it?

try this.
take off battery, let the phone stay for around 10 seconds, press the three button combination for download mode (the home+vol down+power) and while u still holding those three button reinsert the battery. now device should go into download mode and u can properly flash with odin.

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo

try this.
take off battery, let the phone stay for around 10 seconds, press the three button combination for download mode (the home+vol down+power) and while u still holding those three button reinsert the battery. now device should go into download mode and u can properly flash with odin.

Yes it's YELLOW mark.
I'll give it a try now, Hope it works because i really need to use it since I've an emergency. :(
EDIT: SAME stuck in mibib download, what's the mibib download??

Last edited:

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
crap.. forgot to mention.. while u do it, it shouldnt be connected to pc. only connect it to pc after it had succesfully go into download mode.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Yes it's YELLOW mark.
I'll give it a try now, Hope it works because i really need to use it since I've an emergency. :(

did u manage to force it into download mode by the step i said earlier?
flashing the phone while its still showing the error exclamation screen wont work.

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo
I downloaded another stock rom to see if it's not from the other Stock i'm flashing but the one i'm flashing i'm sure 100% it's working...the new one have 3 .tar.md5 files here's the names:
APBOOT_S5830JPKP9_CL457554_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
CODE_S5830JPKP9_CL457554_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
GT-S5830-MULTI-CSC-OJPKP3.tar.md5
1. this isnot a one package stock?
2. shall i try another ODIN version
3. shall this be due to the OPS file?

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
ughh u havent answered my earlier question yet. did u manage to force it into download mode by the step i instructed?
it doesnt matter which rom u download, which odin version u try, it wont work while its still showing the exclamation error screen.

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo
crap.. forgot to mention.. while u do it, it shouldnt be connected to pc. only connect it to pc after it had succesfully go into download mode.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

flashing the phone while its still showing the error exclamation screen wont work.

Yes i did manage to force it into download mode, but still stuck in ODIN ! Crap. trying again and re informing you.

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
now the exclamation error solved, proceed with odin.
usually the stuck in odin caused by kies running in background. open windows task manager and kill kies process. and then open odin with administrator priviledge.
if its still doesnt work try on other pc.

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo
ughh u havent answered my earlier question yet. did u manage to force it into download mode by the step i instructed?
it doesnt matter which rom u download, which odin version u try, it wont work while its still showing the exclamation error screen.

1. i press the Vol down + home + power with no battery,
2. insert the battery while pressing
3. it automatically shows no screen but the downloading mode. (so i forced it to download)
4. i connect the cable to laptop
5. flash using odin, and still getting "mbib download..."

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo
now the exclamation error solved, proceed with odin.
usually the stuck in odin caused by kies running in background. open windows task manager and kill kies process. and then open odin with administrator priviledge.
if its still doesnt work try on other pc.

I've been trying this with no Kies, no SIM card and no SD-card.
trying on another laptop.

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
btw if your in windows vista or 7, disable windows uac control. that too can cause odin problem.
and u mention that u try without kies installed. make sure u had samsung's usb driver installed.

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo
btw if your in windows vista or 7, disable windows uac control. that too can cause odin problem.
and u mention that u try without kies installed. make sure u had samsung's usb driver installed.

ODIN reads my phone, i think then i have the USB Driver. I'm trying on another laptop now. hope it works.

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo

1. forced download
2. UAC is disabled
3. no kies
4. don't konw about Samsung USB driver if installed or no, but searching for that
5. it's been 5 mins and says mbib crap download.
what's wrong!??
EDIT: used ODIN as adminstrator, now it's stuck with setup connection? is that a driver issue?

Last edited:

Samadony

Apr 30, 2012
Cairo
Now I've made what you said, carefully. still Stuck in ODIN:

Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...
<1> odin mode.. check plcatform verification.
<1> VerifyPlatform:V0, P0,R0
<1> START!!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> mibib download.. << freeze here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ops's name must be "cooper_v1.0.ops", Cooper_v1.0.ops don't work too, u can see that auto reset options in odin change to "greyed"... if it happens, is right, otherwise odin stuck on "mibib download"
    weird that u still stuck there :/
    try different usb cable.
    and what type of rom are u trying to flash. onepackage? fullpackage? tar? tar.md5?
    got cooper.ops?
    Hello!
    <1> START!!!
    <1> big partition size!!
    <1> big partition size!!
    <1> big partition size!!
    <1> big partition size!!
    <1> big partition size!!
    <1> mibib download..

Try doing to Download Mode combo.. (Vol- Home Power) then hit start.

Luckier than me, the stock ROM I flashed through Ace had a corrupt boot.img- happy hard brick:D

try this.

Yes it's YELLOW mark.