[MOD] Beats DNA

Search This thread

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Anyone running this that's updated to 2.04? Please let me know if ur encountering same problems, more problems, etc. Dont wanna spend more time trying to fix this if updating brings different issues

sent from my ViperDNA

did you ever get the notification to show properly?

i am still tryin to figure it out :p

termin8tor22

May 12, 2011
Virginia
I was told not to update to 2.04 as I may not be able to get s-off so I held off. I will definitely test it when the new viperDNA update comes out with the 2.04 base!

Sent from my ViperDNA infected with ViperBlue DNA

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
did you ever get the notification to show properly?

i am still tryin to figure it out :p

That's been troublesome but im gonna work on it a little today. Seems like every time I fix something I end up breaking something else. (Im almost certain its related to the missing beats files this phone is lacking from HTC)

sent from my ViperDNA

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
That's been troublesome but im gonna work on it a little today. Seems like every time I fix something I end up breaking something else. (Im almost certain its related to the missing beats files this phone is lacking from HTC)

sent from my ViperDNA

No I'm having similar problems on one xl

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
No I'm having similar problems on one xl

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Then its not just me then. What kinda problems r u experiencing? Cause ive been trying to make changes in framework.jar and no matter what I do ill get the notification fixed I end up breaking the presets or headphone options

sent from my ViperDNA

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Then its not just me then. What kinda problems r u experiencing? Cause ive been trying to make changes in framework.jar and no matter what I do ill get the notification fixed I end up breaking the presets or headphone options

sent from my ViperDNA

i honestly think what it is

how lyapota has the EQS and in it .. he has a toggle for beats notification

we need to figure out how to port that toggle or just sidestep the mod looking for the toggle to be yes/no

Reactions: zounduser

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
i honestly think what it is

how lyapota has the EQS and in it .. he has a toggle for beats notification

we need to figure out how to port that toggle or just sidestep the mod looking for the toggle to be yes/no

Didn't think about that. Ur probably right. To port the toggle into say our EQS that would require developer permissions wouldnt it?

sent from my ViperDNA

termin8tor22

May 12, 2011
Virginia
Found an issue, dunno if its been adressed or not.
Look at the statusbar, there's the audio effects icon with no music playing. Also the notification tray shows the audio effects noti there too but again no music is playing or headphones plugged in and theres no way to clear it either.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361398776340.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361398776340.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 178
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361399124677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361399124677.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 178

Kleany

Apr 19, 2010
ive been experiencing some issues, not sure if you know about them or not.

Beats icon does not show on the status bar while playing music. Beats is active and working though. It will only show in the status bar if i go into settings manually and toggle it off and on again.

Also, since flashing the Beats mod zip, my 4x4 Music HTC widget keeps crashing every 30 mins or so.

Appreciate the work youre putting into it though. Thanks! =)

Running ViperDNA 1.1.3 btw

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
Found an issue, dunno if its been adressed or not.
Look at the statusbar, there's the audio effects icon with no music playing. Also the notification tray shows the audio effects noti there too but again no music is playing or headphones plugged in and theres no way to clear it either.

Ive known about the icon problem for quite dome time now. Ive been trying to get it fixed but with no luck. Im doing my best to figure out whats causing it and ive requested some help from others just waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully we can get it hashed out here pretty soon.

ive been experiencing some issues, not sure if you know about them or not.

Beats icon does not show on the status bar while playing music. Beats is active and working though. It will only show in the status bar if i go into settings manually and toggle it off and on again.

Also, since flashing the Beats mod zip, my 4x4 Music HTC widget keeps crashing every 30 mins or so.

Appreciate the work youre putting into it though. Thanks! =)

Running ViperDNA 1.1.3 btw

sent from my ViperDNA

Reactions: termin8tor22

AYHJA

Feb 16, 2012
Washington, D.C.
www.ayhja.com
I have discovered something that I hope will prove useful. I have been having the issue many of you share with the Beats icon not popping up.

Well, here lately, the icon has been working constantly, though with a little bit of delay, even if I do not have my headphones plugged in. I cannot make any changes to the sound options, but the icon is there.

The only thing that I have done differently is install the app SoundAbout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en

Perhaps that will give some clues about it. Also, I have a pair of Beats Tour headphones, perhaps in the next upgrade that can be listed as one of the options. Once we have the ability to use ControlTalk in Venom I'll consider this app to be as close to perfect for me as it gets.

If I can offer anything up in the way of logs or configuration, I'd be glad to help.

Just noticed something else, I'm not sure what, I'll just share the steps to reproduce it...

1. Open the music app, play a song
2. Exit to the home screen while the song is playing
3. Turn to my screen that displays my 4x4 weather widget (which refreshes when I do so)
4. Beats icon pops up
5. Stop the song
6. Return back to the weather widget, and the Beats icon goes away

I can replicate the effect pretty regularly. In fact, even if the song is stopped, and I go back and forth from the weather widget, the icon will pop up and go away about 3 or 4 times before it stops.

Last edited:

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I have discovered something that I hope will prove useful. I have been having the issue many of you share with the Beats icon not popping up.

Well, here lately, the icon has been working constantly, though with a little bit of delay, even if I do not have my headphones plugged in. I cannot make any changes to the sound options, but the icon is there.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en

Perhaps that will give some clues about it. Also, I have a pair of Beats Tour headphones, perhaps in the next upgrade that can be listed as one of the options. Once we have the ability to use ControlTalk in Venom I'll consider this app to be as close to perfect for me as it gets.

If I can offer anything up in the way of logs or configuration, I'd be glad to help.

Just noticed something else, I'm not sure what, I'll just share the steps to reproduce it...

3. Turn to my screen that displays my 4x4 weather widget (which refreshes when I do so)
4. Beats icon pops up
5. Stop the song

I can replicate the effect pretty regularly. In fact, even if the song is stopped, and I go back and forth from the weather widget, the icon will pop up and go away about 3 or 4 times before it stops.

Thanks for your reply bro. I've got Wednesday and Thursday off. I think with my brain, urs, and Eric/op, we should b able to narrow down our problems. I'm really wanting to get the stock music player working "fully" with this.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
Yeah I think our zip needs to be updated for the new viper update 1.2.0 I just tried to flash it on the beta and I ended up w/ 2 beats icons and no options to choose from.

@zound- if it ain't one thing its another. Right when u get ur laptop back ur phone gets bricked. I feel ur pain though. Hopefully everything works out for u though.

sent from my ViperDNA

Reactions: zounduser and AYHJA

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Yeah I think our zip needs to be updated for the new viper update 1.2.0 I just tried to flash it on the beta and I ended up w/ 2 beats icons and no options to choose from.

@zound- if it ain't one thing its another. Right when u get ur laptop back ur phone gets bricked. I feel ur pain though. Hopefully everything works out for u though.

sent from my ViperDNA

Ya, im pretty upset about it! Sent it to htc 2 days ago, still waiting to hear something from them. Ill get at u as soon as i hear something bro.

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
Got my DNA back! Back in business boys!!! Hit me up Erek!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Hey I noticed newt threw in lyapotas mod into his new rom. I tried it out but noticed it was more of a placebo effect. But I did noticed the notification worked flawlessly. We've gotta figure out how his beats mod is linked to the eqs cause that's what's giving me this insanely huge roadblock. Idk hit me up on gtalk with ur thoughts.

sent from my ViperDNA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *introducing beats mod for the dna*

*fully functional choices

*choose from 17 different preset options plus a custom option

*dolby digital/wow srs/beats

*works with just about any music player **except htc music**

**screenshots below**

**credits**

*lyapota- for his musicmod on the one x (without that none of this would be possible)
    *zounduser- helping me test the mod and getting it all set up
    *turge- for making the flashable zip file
    *and anyone else that i may have forgotten

**instructions**

pretty basic:
    *be on ViperDNA ROM (only tested on this rom)
    *reboot into recovery
    *make a back-up( just in case. no need really )
    *flash and reboot

**htc music app included does not work with mod**

**must download any other music player for beats to work properly**

*disclaimer*im not responsible if ur phone blows up catches on fire or stops working.

**download**

**UPDATE** 2/11

*NOW IT SHOULD WORK FOR ANY ROM WITH INIT.D SUPPORT- credit to lyapota

*added init.d support

https://www.dropbox.com/s/et48q7ezqzymvjh/BeatsDNA.zip
    updated op

*added init.d support
    *should work with all roms with init.d
    Sick!!! :p good job op. I live for my music! This will help for sure. :)

Just to clarify, the beats option does work with the stock htc player, but "beats" is the only option available at this time. Any other player, and the full musicbox will work.

I will be hitting up some friends, and see about the stock music player. But for now, i recommend google player, or noozy.

4. Beats icon pops up
    5. Stop the song

Thanks for your reply bro. I've got Wednesday and Thursday off. I think with my brain, urs, and Eric/op, we should b able to narrow down our problems. I'm really wanting to get the stock music player working "fully" with this.

I've gotten to the point where I can get the options to pop up but choosing them does nothing. Most of the beats files in framework.jar have changed dramatically in 1.2.0 which doesn't make sense y but I'm gonna try swapping some of the smali files tonight that deal specifically with beats see where that gets me.

I know there hasn't been much activity on here but I am working on this. I've got a couple other people helping out too.

sent from my ViperDNA