Groupon deal. 2014 Note for $389

Search This thread

Han Solo 1

Aug 28, 2013
Mine was handed off to the local post office yesterday, and today the tracking says:

"As requested by the sender, the package was transferred to the local post office. An event has occurred which may impact delivery. See shipment progress below."

Then it says:

"Package was forwarded to the receiver's address that is on file with the local post office."

Anyone get this?

I don't know what it means. I'm not at home so I don't know if it got delivered or not.

zaibrockstar

Feb 4, 2013
Google Pixel 7a
You should get it by end of the day. I had the same thing and I got it on the same day around 10:30 am. I went home during my lunch and saw it was dropped in front of the door with groupon box.

Mine was handed off to the local post office yesterday, and today the tracking says:

"As requested by the sender, the package was transferred to the local post office. An event has occurred which may impact delivery. See shipment progress below."

Then it says:

"Package was forwarded to the receiver's address that is on file with the local post office."

Anyone get this?

I don't know what it means. I'm not at home so I don't know if it got delivered or not.

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
If you register the Groupon Note at http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/, you should get the perks. I just did it 2 days ago and received the email about 10 minutes later.

I have since returned that tablet due to dead pixels, but bought a new one at Costco and was able to register the new Note for the same perks again.

So P605 cant be registered? I tried and everytime I put the Wifi MAC address and serial, it says that it doesnt match.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
So P605 cant be registered? I tried and everytime I put the Wifi MAC address and serial, it says that it doesnt match.

It's a U.S. promotion and you have non-U.S. N10.1-14. It accepted my SM-P601 from Latin America and I got the perks e-mail but the $50 Samsung credit was shown as "invalid" but the other offers (including Google) were there. So they're reading something on the back end.

BBKoenigsegg

Dec 2, 2012
Newark, NJ
I bought a Black 16GB one and it's fantastic! I saw something about the 50GB of Dropbox storage but I accidentally skipped over it :( It's a damn good tablet, though. So worth the money.

Hahahalalala

Apr 12, 2013
Mine came in today and it looks perfect. From the shipping tracking on UPS, its been sitting in NJ since October 16. I doubt anything was wrong with them to be refurbished. Probably just returned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How did you find that information? I can't seem to find it in mine. Thanks!

starfall42

Jan 29, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
The shipper is reusing tracking numbers from last October, so you can ignore messages from then.

For Dropbox, just open the app on the tablet (it's in the Galaxy Plus group in the app drawer) and sign up. You'll get the standard 2GB but you'll get an e-mail a few minutes later titled "Claim your 48 GB of free Dropbox space!" Follow the link from it.

You have to complete at least 5 of the activities listed, but two are given-- you already have it on a mobile device, and you already have files in it (you get a welcome to Dropbox pdf). I flipped through the getting started guide, added Dropbox to my desktop, and "shared" a new folder with an alternate e-mail address of mine. I got the total of 50GB right after that.

jerrys0828

Feb 16, 2014
Edit: I was unable to register for perks for a good while because samsung customer service and forums kept telling me to get the serial from either the packaging or a sticker on the back of the note, but mine had neither (a blank space next to "serial number: " on the box and a sticker with an invalid number on the Note itself). Further confusing me was an image with a different, also useless serial number listed. After nearly giving up, I found a comment on groupon to peel off the sticker and find a working RF serial underneath, which finally worked. And to think, the Samsung rep on the phone had so quickly given up on me and told me that I would get no perks.

Last edited:

jeems

Oct 24, 2011
Already registered

Got my new tablet and love it but when I go to register for the perks it tells me "already registered". Anyone else have this happen and then successfully register by calling or other avenue?

jeems

Oct 24, 2011
If you call, you can probably get them to email you the perks. Several other members had success calling when they could not register theirs. You may have to call more than once to get the right person who can help you.

Also make sure you are using the the RF######### serial number on the box or back of the tablet.

Cool I'll give it a shot. Certainly can't hurt. I did use the RF number. At first I had it mistyped and it said the serial and mac address did not match. Then when I got both right it said "already registered". Thanks.

Top Liked Posts