No display - wipe phone?

Search This thread

wolfgrrl

Jul 25, 2012
My beloved fell this morning and now the screen is completely black - no display at all.

Got a new one coming tomorrow but I can't figure out how to wipe it. I'm rooted running Hyperdrive. I have a swipe unlock.

I've tried Kies and it can't seem to connect. Does the SIM card need to be in for Kies to work?

Do I have any other options?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
My beloved fell this morning and now the screen is completely black - no display at all.

Got a new one coming tomorrow but I can't figure out how to wipe it. I'm rooted running Hyperdrive. I have a swipe unlock.

I've tried Kies and it can't seem to connect. Does the SIM card need to be in for Kies to work?

Do I have any other options?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Have you tried ODIN yet? That's the most common way to do a full wipe to stock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

wolfgrrl

Jul 25, 2012
And these can both be used with a non-functional display?

I'm unable to even get into download mode or recovery.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

I'd think you could still pull the battery then try to get into download mode Vol Down + Power then wait a second after you hold that combo to hit Volume Up to continue into download mode.

Then have Odin already up and running and plug your phone in and look to see that Odin sees your phone connected. Then flash away.

That's at least how I'd try it. May take a couple times just to get your timing down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wolfgrrl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd think you could still pull the battery then try to get into download mode Vol Down + Power then wait a second after you hold that combo to hit Volume Up to continue into download mode.

Then have Odin already up and running and plug your phone in and look to see that Odin sees your phone connected. Then flash away.

That's at least how I'd try it. May take a couple times just to get your timing down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk