Z5 battery draining too fast - barely left with 15% with only 3h SOC

Search This thread

Toniiox

Aug 21, 2010
Hi.

Same kind of problème here. I have my Z5 for 4 days and the battery has some problems:

- yesterday it charges to 99%, today 98%...
- stamina mode doesn't work at all
- when I use my phone for basic use (twitter/facebook/SMS) the battery drains l'île 1% of battery every 3 minutes). I don't know if it's normal or not... Any advices ?

I am thinking of returning it to Sony and get refund (possible in France for 7 days)

wakers

Jan 17, 2010
www.rushcycles.co.uk
I'm getting about 3 hours screen on time I can't say stamina mode has made any difference, that's about an hour less than my nexus 6 used to get, on a medium use day I'm not going to get through the day without a charge... Hopefully will get better with marshmallow

Sent from my Sony Z5 ooossshhhh

GearshiftJB

Aug 3, 2012
I would recommend getting used to using Sony's power saving options. Set it up so that they kick in as the battery drains etc 1st level of saving at 65% second level of saving at 45% and 3rd level of battery saving at 25% or something. You'll notice it help alot better. also I made this quick video about the sony z5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lloEIZU8G3Q

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
I really don't have these draining..

Which downloaded apps you use?

Updated to latest firmware?

I had many Sony phones.. Never heard about this.

Then I would change the phone for a new Z5 of money back..

Sent from my E6653 @ XDA Portal

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
I got nearly 3 days battery out of my device recently, very light usage (about an hour-hour and a half each day). Got about 3 and a half to 4 hours screen on time (I didn't check the stats). Stamina mode is being VERY aggressive with disabling mobile data when screen is off.

DlGroove

Dec 17, 2015
I don't think it's normal for 1 hour of listening music my battery drains allot. I've bought my Sony a week ago and i'm very disappointed ? with the battery ? i expected more from it... I tried every possible to keep my battery levels normals even my stamina is allways on, and still nothing. Please guys can anybody help me somehow...

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
I don't think it's normal for 1 hour of listening music my battery drains allot. I've bought my Sony a week ago and i'm very disappointed ? with the battery ? i expected more from it... I tried every possible to keep my battery levels normals even my stamina is allways on, and still nothing. Please guys can anybody help me somehow...
Post up screen shots of your battery charts

Sent from my Xperia z5 using Tapatalk

iddefridde

Nov 13, 2008
At the moment I have simular issues. My batterij can barely make 12 hours. SOT is just over 2 hours and in the energy stats it is showing WiFi is always on (when in fact everything is turned off, at least in the settings). I don't use Facebook and I have turned off googles location logging thing.
I am very unhappy with the performance of the phone because I was used to the Z2 long stamina.

I have the feeling there is something wrong somewhere but I can't seem to find what.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
At the moment I have simular issues. My batterij can barely make 12 hours. SOT is just over 2 hours and in the energy stats it is showing WiFi is always on (when in fact everything is turned off, at least in the settings). I don't use Facebook and I have turned off googles location logging thing.
I am very unhappy with the performance of the phone because I was used to the Z2 long stamina.

I have the feeling there is something wrong somewhere but I can't seem to find what.
Have you turned off wifi scanning?

5d0f88e7837e80848e1f03a64c5475fa.jpg

iddefridde

Nov 13, 2008
It seems that I have managed to really turn of the Wi-Fi now.
Possibly I have did something wrong but after some resets and closing of all the Wi-Fi options again now the Wi-Fi is off also in the battery stats.
This also seems to help with the battery since now the battery drop is less. After charging it fully and leaving it standby all night (8 hours) it has dropped 3%, with data on and wats app but with 0 screen on time . This is more what I was expecting and today it seems to be a bit better. However the battery does skip some % (drop from 97 - 94) every now and then but this will probably be better in time. (I have already did a full cycle of fully charging fully discharging and charging when the phone was off with low power charger).

So for me a conclusion so far is:
If Wi-Fi is on in your battery stats it is on and it can be turned off.
Google Location tracker that tracks your every move all day is a very dumb default setting and turning it off helps.
With this I think battery life is acceptable.
I will update after some days to share my experience.

Edit: what still surprises me is that Google services is still the biggest battery drain (sorry i can post pics links because I am junior member i can post links). This even when I have used internet radio for 1 hour and Flitsmeister (an app that tracks my GPS and warns me for speed traps on the highway), my screen was off during this hour.

Last edited:

jonoathome

Sep 27, 2010
Adguard. Helps with battery drain.. It really does.

Since I installed it and gone premium, battery drain is now a thing of the past..

Save data usage on apps constantly connecting to the world wide Web to spam you with, including background apps.. So as result less data usage requires less modem usage result in less battery usage/ drain.

9872557a97b3a90b0d1a757f01890acb.jpg

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Adguard. Helps with battery drain.. It really does.

Since I installed it and gone premium, battery drain is now a thing of the past..

Save data usage on apps constantly connecting to the world wide Web to spam you with, including background apps.. So as result less data usage requires less modem usage result in less battery usage/ drain.

9872557a97b3a90b0d1a757f01890acb.jpg
Or you could just use the stock android settings and remove access to background data to any apps you want without having another app installed and running constantly

fb13263271717c7e4ea74805f0a20911.jpg

jonoathome

Sep 27, 2010
Or you could just use the stock android settings and remove access to background data to any apps you want without having another app installed and running constantly

fb13263271717c7e4ea74805f0a20911.jpg

That way is messy and time consuming, I want background data for some apps, app guard blocks the ****e you dont want

BR4DOKYBrazil

Sep 20, 2011
Londrina

I am also not happy with the battery drain. I come from Z2 and had a great autonomy. In one update of Z2 there was a severe battery drain, immediately they fixed. I hope that fix the Z5. There are times that go down 2% at once.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Hopefully with a 6.0.1 update we should see great standby time. My Nexus deep sleeps like a coma victim!

iddefridde

Nov 13, 2008
After a couple of days it seems I have managed the following:

-Idle the Z5 hardily consumes any power. if you get to close all the background apps and things happening it could last rather long. drops 1%-3% over 8 hours.

-Active I cant seem to push more than 4+ SOT out of it. browsing the internet is most of my activity and this seems to be the same for me using WiFi or data connection. I use Opera as my browser and i dont know if other browsers are better to use. Using my Z2 for browsing the most energy went to screen and second to the browser using my Z5 it is the other way around. most of the power goes to the browser and not the screen. my conclusion this must be related to the SD 810 since screen tech is hardly different (this claim is 100% based on my feeling no research has went in investigating this..).

What I am curious about is what are your average browsing SOT hours?

hiElena

Dec 29, 2015
www.syncios.com
If you reduce Screen Timeout it also helps to save battery power.If possible then make it 1 min or shorter.

Screen brightness also consume lots of energy ,but if we lower the brightness than we can save lots battery power and you can provide your device a good running.:D

Divine Wind

Dec 28, 2015
Huge battery drain

Anymore tips and etc for the battery? i went to sleep with 100% and woke up to 0%. Did receive some calls and etc in the night but this is quite bad

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

and other tips for battery drain ? Offing wifi is not practical for me. However i've turned off all the necessary wifi scanning and etc, facebook notifications and most unnecessary background apps. still having huge drain.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Anymore tips and etc for the battery? i went to sleep with 100% and woke up to 0%. Did receive some calls and etc in the night but this is quite bad

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

and other tips for battery drain ? Offing wifi is not practical for me. However i've turned off all the necessary wifi scanning and etc, facebook notifications and most unnecessary background apps. still having huge drain.
What's it saying is causing your drain? Because that's immense drain!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bad signal nearly all the time (orange/red on mobile network signal)
    The battery is varying almost too much for my taste... However I have found one of the sources for the problem - Spotify is a huge battery drain, dropping almost 3% every minute and heats up the phone to the point of no touching...

Deactive this settings: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64542658&postcount=16