Search This thread

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
Thanks for your work!
What about tf201 version?
When can we expect a new version?
Thanks again

Inviato dal mio SM-G903F utilizzando Tapatalk

Have to disappoint you. I think Hardslog moved on to...... Nvidia Shield maybe? Me myself would like to see Marshmallow on the TF201 but the slate is too outdated to be kept alive....

alesi80

Feb 21, 2009
Have to disappoint you. I think Hardslog moved on to...... Nvidia Shield maybe? Me myself would like to see Marshmallow on the TF201 but the slate is too outdated to be kept alive....
Thanks, but I hope you are wrong. Taconikky in tf201 marshmallow topic said that our kernel is made by hardslog.

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
Thanks, but I hope you are wrong. Taconikky in tf201 marshmallow topic said that our kernel is made by hardslog.

Yes, it is, made by @hardslog, my friend, but the point is - the kernel in KatshMallow ROM is only repacked Hardslog´s Grimmkern for Android 5.1.1 (RAMDISK maybe??? and other stuff) to make it boot with MM.
But it was originally 5.1.1 kernel repacked by TaccoNiky. Hardslog isn´t actively developing any TF201 kernel for Android 6.x (AFAIK) Please correct me somebody if I´m wrong. So I´m affraid there isn´t new Grimlock kernel for Android 6.x on the horizon....... Have a nice day!

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Yes, it is, made by @hardslog, my friend, but the point is - the kernel in KatshMallow ROM is only repacked Hardslog´s Grimmkern for Android 5.1.1 (RAMDISK maybe??? and other stuff) to make it boot with MM.
But it was originally 5.1.1 kernel repacked by TaccoNiky. Hardslog isn´t actively developing any TF201 kernel for Android 6.x (AFAIK) Please correct me somebody if I´m wrong. So I´m affraid there isn´t new Grimlock kernel for Android 6.x on the horizon....... Have a nice day!

You are on top of it :)

Reactions: hardslog and JuraP

auceto63

Jun 12, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm trying the heavy release with katshMellow rom in Asus Tranformer tf201.
It seem more responsive but some time the tablet screen go to sleep while I'm using it by passing time periond settings...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April 2 2015 - NEW VERSION 5.1! Ready for Lollipop 5.1!!!!!

Quick list of features:
    • Overclock up to 1.8GHZ
    • Voltage control
    • Custom GPU overclock
    • Dynamic Fsync Control
    • Interactive and ROW tweaks
    • I/O and MMC tweaks for better performance
    • Auto detects whether you are using data2sd, f2fs or EXT4 - meaning you don't need an f2fs version anymore. At boot time the kernel detects your file system and boots based on what YOU have. Also works with data2sd.
    • Extra governors and I/O Schedulers

Chanegelog

2015-04-02 - Version 5.1
    - Updated the Wifi modules to work with CM12 and Omnirom

2014-10-01 - Version 5.0
    - Updated to work with Lollipop.

2014-10-01 - Version 4.0
    - Fixed the Bluetooth not turning on issue
    - Fixed a few of the dock keys not working (such as disabling the touchpad)
    - Added Pegasusq Governor
    - Added SIO, VR and BFQ I/O Schedulers
    - Made BFQ the default
    - Created a separate build based on Linaro 4.8.3 Toolchains

2014-09-12 - Version 3.0
    - I don't remember now LOL!

Everything should work fine, but this kernel has only been extensively tested on Omnirom and Zombi-Pop.

*NOTE - If you are running this kernel on Katkiss, Version 5.1 likely will not work. You will need 5.0 as 5.0 still uses the wifi modules that katkiss needs.

Also at the end of this post is an app called Performance Profiles. I would suggest anyone who uses this kernel on OMNIROM to install this app, as it will allow you to change the CPU frequency so you aren't always stuck at 1.7GHZ. In CM this feature can be added to the quick settings panel so it is not necessary. It will allow you to toggle between 1GHZ(power save) 1.3GHZ(normal mode) or 1.7GHZ(performance mode). I apologize for the hideous UI, but I'm not a app creater or designer. - NOTE - NOW OBSOLETE

[/HIDE]

A huge thanks to krash1256 and uga_boy for your very kind donations!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Kernel][5.1.x][GRIMLOCK KERNEL], Kernel for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    hardslog, lj50036
    Source Code: https://github.com/Hardslog

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-02

Created 2014-03-26
    Last Updated 2015-04-06
    Download Links!

FLASHING THE KERNEL FROM RECOVERY

Steps

1. Download the Kernel below and save to your internal or external SD Card. Do not unzip the file.

GRIMLOCK KERNEL DOWNLOAD

GRIMLOCK KERNEL Full Mirror 1

GRIMLOCK KERNEL Full Mirror 2
    Courtesy of the LEGEN..... wait for it.........

DARY @lj50036 :laugh:
    If anyone wants to try a 6.0 "version" of Grimlock here are the links

LITE Version
    HEAVY Version ;)

BTW I don't have a shield. I do still have my TF700 though :p
    Update - 2.5 F2FS only

In case anybody still cares, I have made an update to the kernel in the downloads section. Nothing big, just a few tweaks here and there in hopes to squeeze out a bit more I/O performance.
    Thank you!! Already excited and flashing!

Here's a benchmark:

2n8ag7k.png