Search This thread

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Features
*Candy Interface

*Navi Bar Height...Candy Interface

*Battery Percent ...Candy Interface / Status Bar

*Recents Panel Options ...Candy Interface/Recents Panel

*Clock and Date Options...Candy Interface/Clock and Date

*Wake Options ...Display

*Rotation 360 degrees...Display

*Custom Notification Lights...Sounds&Notifications

*Lockscreen Notifications Per App...Sounds&Notifications/App notifications

*IME options from 4.4+ ...Language and input/advanced options

*Disable Ime selector (thanks cm)

*Visual improvements

*ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

*CM Theme Engine

*Button Light Notifications (BLN)

CHANGELOG

See Post #2 for DOWNLOADS

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, for making their source open.
Sources:

CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
LiquidSmooth

XDA:DevDB Information
[DISCONTINUED][ROM][5.1.1] Candy 5 - Hercules, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
NoSpamDan, gimmeitorilltell
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2015-03-23
Last Updated 2016-11-15

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS and DOWNLOADS

Installation for 5.1.X (Candy5 V2.X):
  • Download Candy5.zip
  • Download 5.1 Gapps (optional)
  • Place Candy5.zip on phone's memory or SD card
  • Boot into recovery. You need a newer version for lollipop. Tested with TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery linked below.
  • Make a nandroid backup.
  • Make sure you're on one of these radios or newer for now: T989:UVMC6|T989D:TLMC4
  • Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
  • Flash Candy5.zip
  • Flash GApps if desired ***
  • Reboot, and let the ROM boot up and settle for 5-10 minutes.
  • Enjoy!

Issues? Post a logcat on Pastebin, link to it here, and provide as many details as possible, such as ROM version, GApps used, radio/modem, cell provider, or anything relevant to the problem or how to duplicate the issue.

be9apenu.jpg

TWRP Recovery:
TWRP 2.8.7.0 with F2FS support in IMG, TAR and ZIP formats. Thanks to @javelinanddart for compiling these.

5.1.X:
ROM:
candy5-release.v4.1-20151030-UNOFFICIAL-hercules.zip

Don't use the BasketBuild OTAs just yet. I'll un-hide the link when the OTA builds are good again:
Candy ROMs are now built weekly and can be found in the CandyRoms BasketBuild Hercules folder

GApps:
Use TK PIco GApps from AndroidFileHost | BasketBuild
(Main TK GApps thread on XDA)
(*** You may use a 5.1 GApps package of your choice, but be wary of large GApps packages. It's normally better on the Skyrocket to install a very small GApps package and get the rest of the Google Apps from the Play Store...)

Please give first boot several minutes to complete.
* If you use Hangouts Dialer and find you lose audio after using it, you can try flashing this audio patch. (Credit goes to @bryan2894.)

===============

Previous builds have been removed from here, but they're still on my AndroidFileHost.com account or CandyRoms' AndroidFileHost.com account.

Last edited:

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Screenshots

Candy5 has the CM Theme Engine, so appearances can widely vary. Here is stock...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-35-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-35-52.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 6,843
  • Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-36-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-36-21.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 6,735
  • Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-36-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-36-40.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 6,524
  • Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-36-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-36-52.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 6,138
  • Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-37-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-37-03.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 5,964
  • Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-47-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-47-19.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 5,956
  • Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-49-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-02-49-46.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 5,966
Last edited:

aadi90

May 13, 2013
Im gonna download it in few minutes. Thanks bro for your efforts our device is old but still it runs lollipop smooth.
Credit goes to developers like you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
screenshots?

Just like that validus rom, no screens.

I don't own the Herc, but I figured I'd share something new to flash on it here... you're welcome.

Candy5 Screenshots are not difficult to find. Feel free to flash the ROM and make some screen shots yourself to post here. It would be a great way to contribute something useful.

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Your persistence and hard work to keep these ROMs going is something that shouldn't be taken for granted to say the least. You've kept going despite very little help here frankly. I haven't used anything but Sultan's work for the last several months but appreciate what you're doing nonetheless. Some better take note as devs for this phone can now be counted on one hand.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Your persistence and hard work to keep these ROMs going is something that shouldn't be taken for granted to say the least. You've kept going despite very little help here frankly. I haven't used anything but Sultan's work for the last several months but appreciate what you're doing nonetheless. Some better take note as devs for this phone can now be counted on one hand.
Thank you. It's definitely been a challenge getting Lollipop on these older devices without CM support.

It hasn't been like just sync up and build it, but it's close (now)... ;)

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
im coming from 4.1.2 do i just follow the instuction from the op or is there someting extra i need to do in order to flash this rom?

which cm themes work with this rom? cm10, cm11, or cm12?
btw i cant find gapps for this rom, link?

Last edited:

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
im coming from 4.1.2 do i just follow the instuction from the op or is there someting extra i need to do in order to flash this rom?
The OP instructions should be good. Just make sure you have the latest radio and recovery installed, and FULL WIPE (not SD cards).

Don't restore ANY system data, and be very prudent with what you restore for app data that doesn't come from Google's app backup in your account.

Reactions: mrdreamers

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
The OP instructions should be good. Just make sure you have the latest radio and recovery installed, and FULL WIPE (not SD cards).

Don't restore ANY system data, and be very prudent with what you restore for app data that doesn't come from Google's app backup in your account.

Ty for that response!
the link for gapps takes you too a site that is closed with no links. (but i got gapps from this site http://techbeasts.com/2015/02/01/download-latest-google-gapps-andorid-50-lollipop/)

does cm12 themes work on here?

BTW whats radio?

Last edited:

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Ty for that response!
the link for gapps takes you too a site that is closed with no links. (but i got gapps from this site http://techbeasts.com/2015/02/01/download-latest-google-gapps-andorid-50-lollipop/)

does cm12 themes work on here?

BTW whats radio?
Yes, I heard PA GApps were down. As long as the GApps package is not the full blown one with Google Earth and all that business, you should be fine. "Normal" gapps can be used and I think the file size is around 170MB. I wouldn't go beyond that size-wise.

You can find the Slim GApps here: http://209.95.39.164/Gapps/

Rado = modem. There may be newer ones, but these should be minimum versions: T989:UVMC6 T989D:TLMC4. Not sure off-hand where to find flashable radios for the Herc. Maybe someone else here can post links to them...

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
Yes, I heard PA GApps were down. As long as the GApps package is not the full blown one with Google Earth and all that business, you should be fine. "Normal" gapps can be used and I think the file size is around 170MB. I wouldn't go beyond that size-wise.

You can find the Slim GApps here: http://209.95.39.164/Gapps/

Rado = modem. There may be newer ones, but these should be minimum versions: T989:UVMC6 T989D:TLMC4. Not sure off-hand where to find flashable radios for the Herc. Maybe someone else here can post links to them...

i have T989:UVMC6 already on it will this do?
but while i wait for a response from you i will go searching to see if there is a update to this modem ;)

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II/SGH-T989/Radios
according to this link i have the latest modem but ill keep checking

ok so i did and over and hour or so looking for a more later modem it seems the one i have is the latest so i should be able to flash with no problems unless someone knows different please share ty.

Last edited:

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
i have T989:UVMC6 already on it will this do?
but while i wait for a response from you i will go searching to see if there is a update to this modem ;)

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II/SGH-T989/Radios
according to this link i have the latest modem but ill keep checking

ok so i did and over and hour or so looking for a more later modem it seems the one i have is the latest so i should be able to flash with no problems unless someone knows different please share ty.
Should be fine. The updater script checks the radio version at installation time:
https://github.com/SlimDev/device_samsung_hercules/blob/lp5.0/board-info.txt

Reactions: mrdreamers

tekkieg

May 20, 2010
No data on this build....maybe doing something wrong?

I installed Candy5 with TWRP full wipe just as written...
it came up fine with everything except never could connect to data....no matter what I tried...the data showed a question mark and also wifi....

please give any info as to possible problem ...maybe i did something wrong....

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
it came up fine with everything except never could connect to data....no matter what I tried...the data showed a question mark and also wifi....

hmmm you may had a bad flash or download you could try going into recovery and clearing cache and dalvik see if that helps.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T

1. First, verify the MD5 hash on your download. If it doesn't match, re-download the ROM.
  2. Did you install gapps? Which ones? Did it detect your SIM card and were you prompted to set up Wi-Fi?
  3. What does Settings > About phone show for a baseband?
  4. You did wipe /data, correct? I would go back to recovery and full wipe /system, /data, /cache and /dalvik and re-flash ONLY THE ROM. Do NOT restore any apps, and test again.
  5. If that fails, you might need to use ODIN to restore a factory image first, then install recovery, reboot to recovery, full wipe, install the newer radio, ROM and gapps and SuperSU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Features
    *Candy Interface

*Navi Bar Height...Candy Interface

*Battery Percent ...Candy Interface / Status Bar

*Recents Panel Options ...Candy Interface/Recents Panel

*Clock and Date Options...Candy Interface/Clock and Date

*Wake Options ...Display

*Rotation 360 degrees...Display

*Custom Notification Lights...Sounds&Notifications

*Lockscreen Notifications Per App...Sounds&Notifications/App notifications

*IME options from 4.4+ ...Language and input/advanced options

*Disable Ime selector (thanks cm)

*Visual improvements

*ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

*CM Theme Engine

*Button Light Notifications (BLN)

CHANGELOG

See Post #2 for DOWNLOADS

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
    The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, for making their source open.
    Sources:

CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    LiquidSmooth

XDA:DevDB Information
    [DISCONTINUED][ROM][5.1.1] Candy 5 - Hercules, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    NoSpamDan, gimmeitorilltell
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2015-03-23
    Last Updated 2016-11-15
    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS and DOWNLOADS

Installation for 5.1.X (Candy5 V2.X):
    • Download Candy5.zip
    • Download 5.1 Gapps (optional)
    • Place Candy5.zip on phone's memory or SD card
    • Boot into recovery. You need a newer version for lollipop. Tested with TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery linked below.
    • Make a nandroid backup.
    • Make sure you're on one of these radios or newer for now: T989:UVMC6|T989D:TLMC4
    • Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    • Flash Candy5.zip
    • Flash GApps if desired ***
    • Reboot, and let the ROM boot up and settle for 5-10 minutes.
    • Enjoy!

Issues? Post a logcat on Pastebin, link to it here, and provide as many details as possible, such as ROM version, GApps used, radio/modem, cell provider, or anything relevant to the problem or how to duplicate the issue.

be9apenu.jpg

TWRP Recovery:
    TWRP 2.8.7.0 with F2FS support in IMG, TAR and ZIP formats. Thanks to @javelinanddart for compiling these.

5.1.X:
    ROM:
    candy5-release.v4.1-20151030-UNOFFICIAL-hercules.zip

Don't use the BasketBuild OTAs just yet. I'll un-hide the link when the OTA builds are good again:
    Candy ROMs are now built weekly and can be found in the CandyRoms BasketBuild Hercules folder

GApps:
    Use TK PIco GApps from AndroidFileHost | BasketBuild
    (Main TK GApps thread on XDA)
    (*** You may use a 5.1 GApps package of your choice, but be wary of large GApps packages. It's normally better on the Skyrocket to install a very small GApps package and get the rest of the Google Apps from the Play Store...)

Please give first boot several minutes to complete.
    * If you use Hangouts Dialer and find you lose audio after using it, you can try flashing this audio patch. (Credit goes to @bryan2894.)

===============

Previous builds have been removed from here, but they're still on my AndroidFileHost.com account or CandyRoms' AndroidFileHost.com account.
    Screenshots

Candy5 has the CM Theme Engine, so appearances can widely vary. Here is stock...
    screenshots?

Just like that validus rom, no screens.

I don't own the Herc, but I figured I'd share something new to flash on it here... you're welcome.

Candy5 Screenshots are not difficult to find. Feel free to flash the ROM and make some screen shots yourself to post here. It would be a great way to contribute something useful.