1)For how long have you been using HOX : 7+month

2)Have you unlocked the bootloader: Yes

3)Have you rooted the phone : Yes

4) Are you having touch screen problems: No

junialum

Apr 23, 2012
Singapore
Hello.

My HOX has been having touch screen problems (an area of the touch screen is unresponsive (1 line from left to right 1 cm thick ))
I have unlocked , and rooted my phone, and I would like to know if other have the same issues and if they are unlocked/rooted or not. Thank you for your time.

POLL:

1)For how long have you been using HOX : 1month

4) Are you having touch screen problems: Yes

7 months, 2 days, 2 hours, 13 minutes, and 16 seconds
No
No
No

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
There's a flaw in the questioning. Time of ownership probably isn't as important to display issues as the amount of time the display's been used. For example, someone who's a heavy gamer that plays 4+ hours of games each day would tax both the SoC and the display more than a productivity user. Same thing for a heavy video user. Having the display go off and on doing stuff like e-mail, social, and web browsing for four hours a day wouldn't apply as much stress (or heat) as constant four hour sessions of gaming and video. The parts in electronic devices have defined mean times between failure. And that time is calculated by the amount the part is in use (and how). I'm a productivity user so my screen on time from March is probably less than a gamer that bought his device in September.

Zlotin

Jul 23, 2006
The City of Cologne
There's a flaw in the questioning. Time of ownership probably isn't as important to display issues as the amount of time the display's been used. For example, someone who's a heavy gamer that plays 4+ hours of games each day would tax both the SoC and the display more than a productivity user. Same thing for a heavy video user. Having the display go off and on doing stuff like e-mail, social, and web browsing for four hours a day wouldn't apply as much stress (or heat) as constant four hour sessions of gaming and video. The parts in electronic devices have defined mean times between failure. And that time is calculated by the amount the part is in use (and how). I'm a productivity user so my screen on time from March is probably less than a gamer that bought his device in September.

So, to be straight, I play games and I oft let my hox overheat while playing on wall charger. My daily screen on time is Aprx. 7 hours, 3 of them are gaming (the way to the university:D)
May be I am the chosen one, but I have had no issues with my phone at all, although I've got it in early may.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dragonesdenano

BassamW

Apr 19, 2012
clay dridwar

1)For how long have you been using HOX : 8 Months

dany19991

Sep 23, 2012

I don't play games , just tested 2-3 to see the performance. I use my phone mainly for web browsing , which is also demanding but not as much as gaming. My brightness was always on auto. Based on the answers I see here I suspect that it's the digitizer connector. I have dropped it from about 30 cm high, maybe it landed badly and moved a little the connector. I don't know.

I will try so send it to be repaired using the warranty even tho I have unlocked the bootloader.

Thank you all for answering.

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
6 months. sometime when unlocking or answering the call it wont response unless I press power button to let it sleep and turn on again, after that i can asnwer the call. i think its not too severe so i'll just live with it. dropped calls are annoying though.

Reactions: dany19991

onexkid

Nov 16, 2012

emf12

Jul 10, 2010
Romania
1)For how long have you been using HOX : 2 Months

2)Have you unlocked the bootloader: No

3)Have you rooted the phone : No

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
1)For how long have you been using HOX : day of release

Sent from my Transformer TF101

@vorticalbox tweet me :p

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
1)For how long have you been using HOX : 5 Months

Renarl

Nov 18, 2012
1)For how long have you been using HOX : 1 Month

4) Are you having touch screen problems: Occasionally in the menus, the back button needs to be pressed several times or held longer.

yongchoon

Sep 13, 2006
1)For how long have you been using HOX : 6 months

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6 wonderful months! :D
    No
    No
    No

So, to be straight, I play games and I oft let my hox overheat while playing on wall charger. My daily screen on time is Aprx. 7 hours, 3 of them are gaming (the way to the university:D)
    May be I am the chosen one, but I have had no issues with my phone at all, although I've got it in early may.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    6 months. sometime when unlocking or answering the call it wont response unless I press power button to let it sleep and turn on again, after that i can asnwer the call. i think its not too severe so i'll just live with it. dropped calls are annoying though.

1)For how long have you been using HOX : 2 Months