[GUIDE]Theming the Jellybean Lockscreen

Search This thread

iesvs

Jan 15, 2011
This works for a few things.

This method works for quite a few system images, not just the lockscreen. The problem is knowing which images to change in which folders. I would love to have some kind of annotated list from a handy website. I found something similar for editing Windows resource files where everything was numbered and mapped for convenience, but I haven't found anything like it for Android. Does it exist?

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
This method works for quite a few system images, not just the lockscreen. The problem is knowing which images to change in which folders. I would love to have some kind of annotated list from a handy website. I found something similar for editing Windows resource files where everything was numbered and mapped for convenience, but I haven't found anything like it for Android. Does it exist?

That would be great, but locations and file names can vary between devices/carriers/builds... it would be a massive list.

---------
Note to OP: Nice and simple write-up - thanks! - but GIMP should work just as well as Photoshop (for us free-loaders;))

Reactions: Ichigo and iesvs

morphuex

Feb 24, 2012
Awesome guide, thx alot. Worked like a charm.

Btw where would i go to change the home, back and recent apps color?

devilot

Sep 11, 2008
Wetumpka
Wicked good tutorial!

device-2012-07-23-155816.png

device-2012-07-23-155900.png

device-2012-07-23-162324.png

device-2012-07-23-162011.png

Reactions: Ichigo

AllAboutAndroids

Sep 21, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
www.allaboutandroids.com
Quick Update:

Turns out that on my Galaxy SIII, with the Jelly Bean based CM10, while over writing the Framework-res.apk, it causes the ROM to crash. I tried this same method on the Ice Cream Sandwich CM9 and it worked like a charm. I have a feeling that the ROM, since it's still in an Alpha stage caused the crash. Once a better and more stable version is released, then I'll test it out again :)

I'll try to make the tutorial either this weekend or the next for the ICS based CM9.

Kole_Ackerson

Feb 27, 2012
Minden, NV
when i right click on framework-res.apk it doesnt give me a option to choose 7zip

Did you download 7zip from the internet?

Sent from my Kindle fire 6.3 running JandyCane
*devices*
My new baby- Kindle Fire 6.3 running Jandycane
Samsung Skyrocket SGH-I727 running CM10
HTC EVO 3D running TeamGenesisRom (-*Retired*-)
HTC Status running SuperOSR/CM7 (-*Retired*-)
iPhone 3gs jail broken/unlocked(-*Retired*-)
iPhone 3g jail broken/unlocked(-*Retired*-)

blz_phnx

Sep 30, 2011
Yo City
Did you download 7zip from the internet?

Sent from my Kindle fire 6.3 running JandyCane
*devices*
My new baby- Kindle Fire 6.3 running Jandycane
Samsung Skyrocket SGH-I727 running CM10
HTC EVO 3D running TeamGenesisRom (-*Retired*-)
HTC Status running SuperOSR/CM7 (-*Retired*-)
iPhone 3gs jail broken/unlocked(-*Retired*-)
iPhone 3g jail broken/unlocked(-*Retired*-)

yessir!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a few I did with your tut..
    it works on my motodefy though it's on cm10 dude.. :p
    thanks for the tut

That would be great, but locations and file names can vary between devices/carriers/builds... it would be a massive list.

---------
    Note to OP: Nice and simple write-up - thanks! - but GIMP should work just as well as Photoshop (for us free-loaders;))
    Hey Josepho1997, I want to thank you for this tutorial and I'll definitely give this a try once I have CM10 Early Build on my SIII. I also have a YouTube channel and if anyone wants, I can definitely make a video on How to Edit the PNGs and how the final product looks like :)