DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jabeth407

Ulitity worked very smooth. I couldn't get it to recovery. RootKeeper doesn't indicate root or root permission.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

If you have any kind of troubleshooting you can also find me there usually in the Chatroom.
~Enjoy! If you liked it hit the thanks button!

I first tried to root a razr m, verizon, basic phone. 2 months going nowhere, erasing & restoring all the personal data & apps. nothing. 4 different but, similar methods. root-android.com has the best for that but, not on my phone. It was what I would describe as half rooted. I threw it away and got this razr hd dev edition from moto with them telling me that when I unlocked the bootloader the phone would be considered rooted. Even after this ulitity the only thing that has changed is a downgraded OS. What stayed the same; all the apps, add-ons and, data are all gone.

Can you tell me why this is so difficult to do on these phones?

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Can you tell me why this is so difficult to do on these phones?

I can use the fastboot.exe that I have as part of the developers kit. I have something else root-android.com had me get from a site.
What would be the command line to force a proper recovery as per your process?

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

I have something else root-android.com had me get from a site.
What would be the command line to force a proper recovery as per your process?

I have the Android SDK Manager accessing all the versions of the android systems, and Visual VM a java troubleshooting.
Can I use these to finish this and how? Not the Visual VM but, the SDK Manager?

Last edited:

jabeth407

I messed with it as much as I can. the safestrap stops itself or the system stops it when it boots, i was thinking that would be where the recovery was to come through. rootkeeper doesn't have anything to keep according to it. I've tried a couple of times, same results. I hate that OS it is downgraded to. what is it 4.0.4, it's listed in the SDK manager's android packages. Why is this so complex?, trap the processor, change the root permission bit, replace the system files with custom, untrap the processor, reboot. What prevents that root permission from being changed? Shouldn't the fastboot process have access to it? I noticed commands in fastboot that aren't listed on it's screen. motorola uses 'em with it's process to unlock the bootloader. for example; it uses a fastboot 'unlock' PHONE_KEY command to unlock the phone. they call phone_key a unique_key but, you get the picture. they also use an 'oem' command to push out the bootstrap code.

jabeth407

Another Failure

Must be some secret code to root the devices that come through my hands. The RAZR M from verizon was guaranteed, bull. brand new, threw that away. The RAZR HD developer edition from verizon was doubly guaranteed, brand new, still have it. Must be some secret code. I can't even tell ANY difference whatsoever in the locked & unlocked bootloader position. I don't find ANY benifit or detrimet from having the 'developer edition phone'. phony!

I still can't seem to get ANY answers as to how the root is set, why can't the root be changed, what set it in the first place, how can updates be made without resetting it, etc..

jabeth407

Amazing result

Stop spamming the forum and read the information available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Who's spamming? Is that code for asking hard questions?
Back to this Utility
It always runs smooth. I did the utility's process and it failed. I upgraded back to 4.1.1 from the 4.0.4 the utility needs for root. I read some more, and noticed in the other root thread this forum a comment about not having a root exploit for 4.1.1. I reran the utility after a factory reset, I don't think that mattered. Root Android has a batch file setup similar to the one contained here. When I got to #2; the exploit failed, partially. I reran it; a different failure resulted. I ran the foreign exploiter; it failed, similar to other attempts to root a RAZR M. I reran step #2, failed, the other one, failed. Back and forth about a dozen times. After the 3rd or 4th attempt, I installed #3. A couple of exploit attempts later I installed #4. That would have been about half way through the dozen attempts to exploit. Sometimes I ran the same exploit 2 or 3 times before switching to the other one.

Success!!! Poof! just like that, didn't change anything I had done a dozen times prior, it just took the root. All the apps change. Now I have POWER! Obviously there are some mild platform conflicts that can be overcome with repetition.

alexxdj

Nov 14, 2007
Hi, with this utility can i root the droid razr maxx hd locked bootloader or need to unlock the boot loader first?
Thanks in advance!

Deckard_9732

Oct 30, 2010
Fremont, CA.
Hi...I just got my Verizon Droid RAZR HD (XT926) and downloaded the DROID RAZR HD Utility v1.10 to my pc desktop running win7 x64 and unzipped it. After reading the entire thread I am confused about the first step of reverting to ICS 4.0.4. I am currently running v4.1.1 of JB. Prior to running steps 1, 2, and 3, do I need to be in fastboot mode or do I just plug in the phone to my pc using the usb data cable w/usb debugging and MTP and run options 1 - 3 ???

Thanks, in advance and great work on the software root exploit!

stert23

Feb 15, 2013
i ran version 1.10 step one
it ran ok and then "press any key when the screen comes back on".....but the screen just stayed on the ap fastboot screen.....so i waited and waited thinking something would happen. nothing happened

now my phone jams while turning on. if i return to ap fastboot it says:

device is locked. status code:0

i dont even know where to start. any help would be appreciated!
thanks!

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Hi...I just got my Verizon Droid RAZR HD (XT926) and downloaded the DROID RAZR HD Utility v1.10 to my pc desktop running win7 x64 and unzipped it. After reading the entire thread I am confused about the first step of reverting to ICS 4.0.4. I am currently running v4.1.1 of JB. Prior to running steps 1, 2, and 3, do I need to be in fastboot mode or do I just plug in the phone to my pc using the usb data cable w/usb debugging and MTP and run options 1 - 3 ???

Thanks, in advance and great work on the software root exploit!

These are not steps to be done in any certain order, this is just the layout of the program.

Yes you need to be in fastboot mode for Option 1 (Fastboot to ICS) and if it errors on the screen its not going to work either. If you did not extract the .zip file then do so to a new folder on your Desktop, and install the drivers if you have not done so previously.

Make sure your battery life is 100% before attempting these, unless you have a factory-style programming cable or adapter (they are sold here).

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
i ran version 1.10 step one
it ran ok and then "press any key when the screen comes back on".....but the screen just stayed on the ap fastboot screen.....so i waited and waited thinking something would happen. nothing happened

now my phone jams while turning on. if i return to ap fastboot it says:

device is locked. status code:0

i dont even know where to start. any help would be appreciated!
thanks!

I can't do much without you sharing what the Utility said in the window.

stert23

Feb 15, 2013
so the previous reply that said to install the drivers helped me (i did not install them)
so i went into the drivers folder and installed the first 32 bit one
but
the second 64 bit driver wont install on my computer. i get an error that says:
"this installation package is not supported by this processor type. contact your product vendor"

wtf. do i need both drivers?

thank you guys

Deckard_9732

Oct 30, 2010
Fremont, CA.
These are not steps to be done in any certain order, this is just the layout of the program.

Yes you need to be in fastboot mode for Option 1 (Fastboot to ICS) and if it errors on the screen its not going to work either. If you did not extract the .zip file then do so to a new folder on your Desktop, and install the drivers if you have not done so previously.

Make sure your battery life is 100% before attempting these, unless you have a factory-style programming cable or adapter (they are sold here).

Thank you for answering my question...I greatly appreciate it!!!

I have the Android SDK, Moto Drivers installed on my computer and the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 unzipped on my desktop. I checked if it was working by running "adb reboot bootloader" and it recognized my device and went to the bootloader screen. I also can access the AP Fastboot in the menu. I have the factory cable and am at 100% battery capacity. My only concern is that I do not have the dev version of the razr hd but I hope I still can get full root?

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
You don't need the developer edition to root... this works on all XT926 phones.

stert23

Feb 15, 2013
so i tried running the utility without downloading the drivers in the folder first
it got stuck at the step where it tells you to hit any key to continue when the screen comes back on
it just boot loops

so then i downloaded the 32 bit drivers (wouldnt let me dl the 64 bit ones) and reran the utility. it ran all the way through and prompted me to whipe the data, which i did. i restarted my phone and it still boot loops.

what else can i try?
can i take it to a verizon store for help?

i dont know what other info to give but ill gladly provide any that you need

Thanks!

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
so i tried running the utility without downloading the drivers in the folder first
it got stuck at the step where it tells you to hit any key to continue when the screen comes back on
it just boot loops

so then i downloaded the 32 bit drivers (wouldnt let me dl the 64 bit ones) and reran the utility. it ran all the way through and prompted me to whipe the data, which i did. i restarted my phone and it still boot loops.

what else can i try?
can i take it to a verizon store for help?

i dont know what other info to give but ill gladly provide any that you need

Thanks!
Im not sure what you did to your phone but it doeznt sound like it is bricked. If it was never rooted your best bet is to bring it back to Verizon. They will think you just did something stupid and give you a new phone. Worst case if they no you jacked it they will just give it back to you. Like I said I doubt your phone is bricked your just not doing something right or your computer or cables or something is screwed up. Dont give up

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Download the driver utility from the moto website, put your phone in bootloader and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Closed and archived for future reference. 1.20 onward is multi-Operating System.

IF YOU ARE ON 9.16.6, THE LATEST OTA, DO NOT USE THE DROID RAZR HD UTILITY 1.10 OR BELOW

For the Linux/Mac version of this utility by johnthehillbilly visit him @ DroidRzr.com
    If you have any kind of troubleshooting you can also find me there usually in the Chatroom.

Header.png
    DROID IS ONLY USED BY VERIZON WIRELESS IN THE UNITED STATES. XT925 IS NOT SUPPORTED AND IS NOT A DROID!
    DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10
    Menu1.png

WARNING: Wiping data may lead to wiped internal SD card.

Functions of 1.10:
    1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software)
    2. Root for ICS 4.0.4 by djrbliss (motofail2go method)
    3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App by supercurio
    4. Install Safestrap 3.05.17 App by Hashcode
    Menu2.png

Download (md5: E26AFCE1CAFC6DA9AC1D16D7432393C8):
    Supporting Links ---
    Utility Home Page

Non-Supporting Links---
    Note: Downloads go MUCH faster if you use a download Manager like Orbit Download Manager. (Thanks xlightwaverx for the tip!)

Credits:
    The Firmware Team for providing the 0.6.25 fxz.
    Dan Rosenberg (djrbliss) for his amazing job on the motofail2go exploit.
    Project Voodoo for their OTA Rootkeeper.
    Hashcode for Safestrap 3.05.17.

Changelog:
    1.10-Added Safestrap by Hashcode
    1.10-Updated su-binary, so you shouldn't have to.

~Enjoy! If you liked it hit the thanks button!
    Link died !
    Please support to upload new one.

Thanks.

Link is working fine?
    Stop spamming the forum and read the information available.

can you expleind wath doing all that?? the option 1 and 3 I don`t now that.

1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) ---

This brings the phone back to the original factory software. Version 0.6.25 running Ice Cream Sandwich.

3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App ---

This installs an app which lets you bring root over through OTA updates. Keeps it safe.

I cannot expleind them any simpler than this ;)