[CDMA] [ROM] MIUI 1.1.14.0 for Desire CDMA [18 Jan 2011 update]

Search This thread

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
Nice ROM. Very fast and visually very nice... But there are some problems that I have found.

1) *228 PRL update will Force Close the Phone App. (this is a deal breaker for me)
2) The HTC keyboard enclosed will Force Close if you change input to that (I dont use it anyway, bought Smart Keyboard pro)
3) Some reports of Beautiful Widgets Weather not geolocating.. I had an issue with getting it to do this with the Accuweather setting for weather, but once I put it to Google for weather it worked and worked once I set it back to Accuweather.
4) When entering APNS settings for MMS Carrier settings, when you scroll down the settings you inputted if they scroll off the screen they are lost.. The only way to do this was to enter settings, save... go back in, scroll down... enter the other settings. Save... etc etc...
5) does not recognize the network its connected to, so the roaming signal will show on US Cellular for example, even though it is NOT roaming

Last edited:

dphase

Nov 30, 2009
Nice ROM. Very fast and visually very nice... But there are some problems that I have found.

1) *228 PRL update will Force Close the Phone App. (this is a deal breaker for me)
2) The HTC keyboard enclosed will Force Close if you change input to that (I dont use it anyway, bought Smart Keyboard pro)
3) Some reports of Beautiful Widgets Weather not geolocating.. I had an issue with getting it to do this with the Accuweather setting for weather, but once I put it to Google for weather it worked and worked once I set it back to Accuweather.
4) When entering APNS settings for MMS Carrier settings, when you scroll down the settings you inputted if they scroll off the screen they are lost.. The only way to do this was to enter settings, save... go back in, scroll down... enter the other settings. Save... etc etc...
5) does not recognize the network its connected to, so the roaming signal will show on US Cellular for example, even though it is NOT roaming

1) Use *228+ -- that will work. Fix may be coming soon so the + doesn't have to be used.
2) Haven't looked, I don't use that KB. Might remove.
3) Interesting
4) What method are using to enter APNS?
5) Just like CM6, you can place a custom eri.xml in /data. This will fix the roaming indicator

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
1) Use *228+ -- that will work. Fix may be coming soon so the + doesn't have to be used.
2) Haven't looked, I don't use that KB. Might remove.
3) Interesting
4) What method are using to enter APNS?
5) Just like CM6, you can place a custom eri.xml in /data. This will fix the roaming indicator

1) Will try that when I put the ROM back on.. went back to Cyanogen for today at work..
2) Yes totally force closes, even on fresh install

4) Using voice dialer and saying Open APNS.. then edit the info.
5) Will try that.. :)

Taulbee

Oct 31, 2010
Mississippi
The HTC IME mod keyboard does work. I installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled and it worked. So you might want to try it.

So far so good on the ROM. Everything seems to work fine, the battery life is pretty decent, and I'm happy with it. Only problem is that my Friends widget with Launcher Pro Plus doesn't seem to work. Both my twitter and facebook are linked, but the widget doesn't seem to retrieve statuses/tweets.

Last edited:

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
I just deleted the HTC_IME, it was too glitchy for me.. another thing that needs to be removed, the FM Radio.. does not work with CDMA Desire at all...

Reloaded this ROM and made the XML mod so it wont show as roaming anymore. Also *228+ works just fine... Loving it so far. Apps2SD doesnt allow as many apps to be moved to the SDCard like in Cyanogen (For example I cant move some of Adobe flash to the SDCard, can on Cyanogen but not on MIUI) Not a big deal as I have a custom MTD layout that gives me 230mb of free space on fresh install =)

dphase

Nov 30, 2009
I just deleted the HTC_IME, it was too glitchy for me.. another thing that needs to be removed, the FM Radio.. does not work with CDMA Desire at all...

Reloaded this ROM and made the XML mod so it wont show as roaming anymore. Also *228+ works just fine... Loving it so far. Apps2SD doesnt allow as many apps to be moved to the SDCard like in Cyanogen (For example I cant move some of Adobe flash to the SDCard, can on Cyanogen but not on MIUI) Not a big deal as I have a custom MTD layout that gives me 230mb of free space on fresh install =)

Good to hear! Yes, I intended to remove FM radio, but forgot. Working on getting this mornings release of MIUI ported over as we speak.

Which custom MTD did you use? I'm considering going that route as well.

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
Good to hear! Yes, I intended to remove FM radio, but forgot. Working on getting this mornings release of MIUI ported over as we speak.

Which custom MTD did you use? I'm considering going that route as well.

used Firerats Custom MTD from this thread here: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...-installing-cyanogenmod6-gapps-firerats-cmtd/

Gives you 150mb for system and gets rid of the cache partition so cache will then be on your Data partition instead.. That way the cache partition isn't sitting there not used (like most of the time) and can be used by the system instead.. However this would be bad if you really fill the phone up and have no room for any cache.. Just keep on top of it. Got a ton of apps installed now and I still have 180mb free on the device.. :) .. Not had any performance issues running it this way with either Cyanogen OR MIUI.

Just follow the guide there, and instead of using Cyanogen use the MiUI Rom... Works a treat..

Ennon

May 10, 2010
Grand Forks, ND
How much of the system partition does MIUI use? You may have to edit the mtdpartmap.txt (as outlined in my guide linked in the post above; section 'Installing') so that the ROM will fit.

Otherwise, if you get a fully functional build up, I would love to try it out :D

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
How much of the system partition does MIUI use? You may have to edit the mtdpartmap.txt (as outlined in my guide linked in the post above; section 'Installing') so that the ROM will fit.

Otherwise, if you get a fully functional build up, I would love to try it out :D

It IS fully functional as long as you do what I said a couple of posts back, delete the FM Radio App, HTC_IME and put the ERI file in so you get carrier stats so you dont get the roaming symbol anymore.

System storage using the Firerat MTD of 150 2 gives me 35.44mb free on the 150mb System partition..

This ROM is really growing on me... Some things to consider..

Do NOT use titanium backup to backup and restore the APNs to MIUI, make sure you enter them yourself from scratch.. Also do NOT restore any SMS messages.. It will make your message app FC all the time.. start from scratch with that.. Using Titanium to restore stuff like Angry Birds saves etc is fine, just dont use it for any system stuff, looks like it has some compatibility issues..

Other than that, and the *228 issue (just use *228+) its great... It looks and feels totally different from other Android ROMS which is probably why I am liking it..

Besides, do a nandroid backup and take the plunge... :)

Ennon

May 10, 2010
Grand Forks, ND
It IS fully functional as long as you do what I said a couple of posts back, delete the FM Radio App, HTC_IME and put the ERI file in so you get carrier stats so you dont get the roaming symbol anymore.

System storage using the Firerat MTD of 150 2 gives me 35.44mb free on the 150mb System partition..

This ROM is really growing on me... Some things to consider..

Do NOT use titanium backup to backup and restore the APNs to MIUI, make sure you enter them yourself from scratch.. Also do NOT restore any SMS messages.. It will make your message app FC all the time.. start from scratch with that.. Using Titanium to restore stuff like Angry Birds saves etc is fine, just dont use it for any system stuff, looks like it has some compatibility issues..

Other than that, and the *228 issue (just use *228+) its great... It looks and feels totally different from other Android ROMS which is probably why I am liking it..

Besides, do a nandroid backup and take the plunge... :)

Ah, alright. Not bad.

And yeah of course you shouldn't restore system data from different roms. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using XDA App

Top Liked Posts