[SM-T525] CyanogenMod 11.0 UNOFFICIAL nightlies: Tab Pro 10.1 LTE (picassolte)

Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* See post #2

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Links

CyanogenMod: (use latest build: cm-11-*): http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/picassolte/
* See second post for more details about the nightlies

CWM Recovery: (use latest build: cm-recovery*): http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/picassolte/
* The ZIP cannot be flashed in recovery. You need to unzip it and then flash the .tar.md5 that it contains using odin.

Google apps addon: (use latest kk gapps)
Download: http://goo.im/gapps
Mirror: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/

Source Repos::
* vendor
* kernel
* device: tabpro-common
* device: picassolte

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 for PicassoLTE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-06-18
Last Updated 2014-08-19

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Nightlies

Nightlies:

Download:

SM-T525 (picassolte) nightlies folder

Known Issues:

* splash screen: On boot the screen will go black for 5-10 seconds (same for the cwmr) until the CM boot logo appears. This is just cosmetic.
* most of the bugs on JIRA for mondrianwifi.

Changelogs:

* Main CM changes (ignore device_samsung_mondrianwifi): cmxlog for mondrianwifi
* Tabpro common device changes
* Tabpro common vendor blob changes
* Picassolte specific device changes

The changelog contains all changes made to that branch. Each nightly will be tagged and looks like:

7cd5c0b (HEAD, tag: nightly-20140808, m/cm-11.0, github/cm-11.0) mondrianwifi: init: Configure minimum GPU speed

The tag(s) that say "nightly-xxxxxxx" indicate that all changes from this commit down are in that nightly. Therefore, you can see what has changed since a specific version by looking for all entries between your current night's tag and the one that you are going to download and install.

Last edited:

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
The broken entry for the splash screen means that you will get about 5 seconds of a blank screen after the Samsung splash screen and before the CyanogenMod splash screen shows up. That's normal, albeit a little disconcerting.

This is still a very early build. Pay attention to what is broken before deciding that you want to use it.

What is working should be quite stable. It is based off of the work I've done on the 8.4 mondrianlte which is very solid.

burnski

Mar 9, 2013
edit; nvm, thought i read this as t520... damn exynos.

Last edited:

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
Finally there's at least one good AOSP ROM for this tablet... I wonder why is the development so dead for it?

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Great thing to see development for this 10 inch device! I have 1 question, how much does this one differ from the T520?

Sent from my L800 using Tapatalk

Very different. This is of very limited value for the t500 as it would need a completely different kernel and would be a very large effort.

Reactions: Cryonic90

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
New build: 2014-06-23

Fixes:

* caller id
* conference calls & call waiting
* keymaster firmware issues

All that is left is:

Broken:

* external sdcard
* splash screen

Unknown:

* lid switch

so I'm changing the title from ALPHA to BETA to reflect the progress.

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Is anyone using this? I got a PM from someone saying that the last build has broken WiFi but no line else has mentioned anything being broken?

I can look into whether or not I posted a bad build tomorrow, but I wanted to confirm that people are actually running this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* See post #2

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Links

CyanogenMod: (use latest build: cm-11-*): http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/picassolte/
    * See second post for more details about the nightlies

CWM Recovery: (use latest build: cm-recovery*): http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/picassolte/
    * The ZIP cannot be flashed in recovery. You need to unzip it and then flash the .tar.md5 that it contains using odin.

Google apps addon: (use latest kk gapps)
    Download: http://goo.im/gapps
    Mirror: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/

Source Repos::
    * vendor
    * kernel
    * device: tabpro-common
    * device: picassolte

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 for PicassoLTE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-06-18
    Last Updated 2014-08-19
    Nightlies

Nightlies:

Download:

SM-T525 (picassolte) nightlies folder

Known Issues:

* splash screen: On boot the screen will go black for 5-10 seconds (same for the cwmr) until the CM boot logo appears. This is just cosmetic.
    * most of the bugs on JIRA for mondrianwifi.

Changelogs:

* Main CM changes (ignore device_samsung_mondrianwifi): cmxlog for mondrianwifi
    * Tabpro common device changes
    * Tabpro common vendor blob changes
    * Picassolte specific device changes

The changelog contains all changes made to that branch. Each nightly will be tagged and looks like:

7cd5c0b (HEAD, tag: nightly-20140808, m/cm-11.0, github/cm-11.0) mondrianwifi: init: Configure minimum GPU speed

The tag(s) that say "nightly-xxxxxxx" indicate that all changes from this commit down are in that nightly. Therefore, you can see what has changed since a specific version by looking for all entries between your current night's tag and the one that you are going to download and install.
    FYI, I have cm-12.0 booting on the picassolte now. So far I know that the radio, camera and DRM are all broken. DRM should be simple, the other two are about the two hardest things to fix so we'll see how that goes.
    New build: 2014-06-26

* external sdcard should be fixed
    * audio improvements
    * kernel changes from samsung's sm-t320 updates
    * general cm upstream changes
    The broken entry for the splash screen means that you will get about 5 seconds of a blank screen after the Samsung splash screen and before the CyanogenMod splash screen shows up. That's normal, albeit a little disconcerting.

This is still a very early build. Pay attention to what is broken before deciding that you want to use it.

What is working should be quite stable. It is based off of the work I've done on the 8.4 mondrianlte which is very solid.