[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197 (FE07 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Search This thread

edlee

Jun 25, 2008
is there any easy way to go from fe07 kernel locked android recovery to an unlocked android recovery?

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Keep in mind many ROMs include their own kernel, so after flashing each ROM, you should go back and install the FE07-plus kernel. I'll provide a .tar.md5 version you can flash through ODIN since it is more convenient.
Here are traditional ODIN .tar.md5 versions of Unlocked and Plus FE07 kernel repacks (they are 7zip self-extractors, so double-click to extract the .tar.md5 file):

FE07 Kernel Repack [Unlocked / Plus]

They *will* trigger the yellow triangle and increment the ODIN flash count, so if you care, use a usb jig or triangle away to reset.

Reactions: A30N

Tooke

Nov 16, 2009
Benchmarks

I know, benchmarks are questionable, but I noticed a significant drop in both quadrant and linpack scores with this update. Was getting 3800 - 4000 consistent on quadrant and high 70's on linpack with FD26 stock full restore. Now, on FE07, getting 2700 quadrants and 40's on linpack. Anyone else confirm this drop in benchmarks?

techjunkie860

Jun 22, 2010
Connecticut
Help

Can I go from rooted EL29 to this without wiping my data? Do I have to do a full restore? Is it even possible to go from EL29 to this build? How so?

Eric1985

May 15, 2010
Hey guys I watched QB Kings youtube video last week how to install and you drag the downloaded file over to your card, I cant get my card to come up on the side. I just get Removable disk E and Removable Disk F. Just messing with my phone when I plug it in and click USB storage on my computer I have 2 windows that pop up, my card, and obviously phone. How can I get it back to 1 folder and get card to show up in My Computer folder.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Can I go from rooted EL29 to this without wiping my data? Do I have to do a full restore? Is it even possible to go from EL29 to this build? How so?
Yes it is possible. If you are on stock Samsung provided ROM (ie not a custom ROM), you have a decent chance it will work fine, however be prepared with your backups in case it has issues. Issues are usually bootloop or random FCs, both are recoverable by flashing the Full version and restoring your user data (don't restore system data)

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
So I have a /data bricked device. I odined stock cwm and ran ADB. Got

MAG4FA
0x0
0x0
Ok, that is good information. So either we are looking at the wrong field, misinterpreting what that field means, Samsung has been too aggressive in limiting the scope of their fix, or they are fixing something different than what we are seeing.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Hey guys I watched QB Kings youtube video last week how to install and you drag the downloaded file over to your card, I cant get my card to come up on the side. I just get Removable disk E and Removable Disk F. Just messing with my phone when I plug it in and click USB storage on my computer I have 2 windows that pop up, my card, and obviously phone. How can I get it back to 1 folder and get card to show up in My Computer folder.

If you are talking about MTP vs USB Mass Storage mode, use Auto Root.

Choose Option E - Extra Options

Then choose Enable ICS USB Mass Storage.

There is also an app you can download to your phone that will let you set the storage mode. It is in the faq section of this thread (2nd post). Look for mass storage.

Reactions: okantomi

tmeader

Jan 24, 2012
Okay, perhaps I'm missing something, but is there any way (using the oneclick packages) to get a fully up to date (FE07 for the build and kernel) install along with CWM installed? I did the NODATA ODIN method to go from FD26. Everything went fine with that, so I then proceeded to download the latest oneclick pakage and ran the option for the ICS builds... choosing to install the FD02+CWM on the next screen. This too seemed to work fine. Then, I was thinking that I could just install the CWM zip repack of the FE07 kernel via CWM and that would get everything up to date. That install seems to have worked just fine, however, now the recovery is back to stock. Am I missing something, or is there just no way to do it via this method? Thanks.

dbman190

Jul 26, 2010
I don't know if this is the desired behavior, but I used auto-root to enable USB-MS on FD24, and it kept through the NODATA package to FD26 and to FE07. USB-MS is still enabled. I assumed it would be reset when doing NODATA, but I guess not.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Okay, perhaps I'm missing something, but is there any way (using the oneclick packages) to get a fully up to date (FE07 for the build and kernel) install along with CWM installed? I did the NODATA ODIN method to go from FD26. Everything went fine with that, so I then proceeded to download the latest oneclick pakage and ran the option for the ICS builds... choosing to install the FD02+CWM on the next screen. This too seemed to work fine. Then, I was thinking that I could just install the CWM zip repack of the FE07 kernel via CWM and that would get everything up to date. That install seems to have worked just fine, however, now the recovery is back to stock. Am I missing something, or is there just no way to do it via this method? Thanks.
FE07-Plus is not CWM. It is an unlocked stock recovery that will let you flash kernels, modems, themes, roms, etc. It doesn't do backups.

I could theoretically do the CWM repacks, but I'd have to ask Steady for permission to include his stuff and then the bigger issue is testing the recovery knowing what we do about the brick situation.

The latest Rogue CWM repack from Steady is FD02. I think Calk may have repacked one using FD26 in his ROM. If you want something more recent, you could pull that zImage and flash in Mobile Odin or use the Generic zImage option in Auto Root.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmeader

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I don't know if this is the desired behavior, but I used auto-root to enable USB-MS on FD24, and it kept through the NODATA package to FD26 and to FE07. USB-MS is still enabled. I assumed it would be reset when doing NODATA, but I guess not.
You'd have to tell me if it is the desired behavior for you, but it is the "expected" behavior.

Whichever setting you do is persistently stored in your user data partition.

If you do not actively enable a setting, the default is pulled from the default.prop in the kernel when your android user data is first created. When some kernel repacks say they "enable usb mass storage by default" you actually won't see any effect if you flash that kernel onto an existing system, keeping your existing android user data, as the value for mass storage is already stored on your user data partition.

Only if you wipe /data factory reset will that "enable usb mass storage by default" setting in the kernel get used.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
I updated the original post with info we discovered on this thread. It is in RED

I think it is best for Garwynn and I to start a new thread in General to gather information and see if this bug is fixed or not by Samsung's checkin for the EMMC fix. I have some stuff to discuss with him, so probably something will show up tomorrow.

garwynn and I are investigating this. So far garwynn has found a code checkin from Samsung that has a reasonable chance at being a workaround for the brick issue. Garwynn has also confirmed this checkin is included in the FE07 kernel.

We have put together some questions and are communicating with the developer who checked in the fix to get more details.

We have NOT verified if the fix actually works to prevent bricks. Given the nature of this brick we thought it would be better to have a few limited people test it out first to confirm the workaround rather than tell everyone it is fixed and find out it is only partially fixed or we misunderstood what they were fixing.

We have now found a case of an EMMC /data bricked phone with fwrev 0x0, so either we are not understanding what Samsung's fix is doing or they have not addressed the full scope of the problem. Do NOT assume if your fwrev is 0x0 you are safe.

The workaround/fix applies only to certain EMMC models/revisions. Presumably other model names and/or revisions do not suffer from the issue.

Name: VYL00M
HwRev: 0x0
FwRev: 0x25

Name: KYL00M

Name: MAG4FA

To determine what version you have

We'll be putting together a more detailed writeup soon.

Reactions: leaderbuilder

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
So sfhub, what are your initial thoughts on FE07? With all of this useful info you are providing, I may have missed your take on how it is compared to FD26

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
So sfhub, what are your initial thoughts on FE07? With all of this useful info you are providing, I may have missed your take on how it is compared to FD26
I think if you are bothered by the flick sensitivity for auto scroll, you will still not like it. If you don't mind or like the flick sensitivity you will like this ROM.

Don't judge it right after the install. It seems to need some time to settle down, probably background stuff is happening right after the upgrade.

It seems to be an incremental upgrade with small fixes and it doesn't introduce a lot of new problems. A bit surprising going from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4.

Maybe after using it more often bugs will start appearing.

A lot of times one's opinion of a ROM is directly related to whether there is a bug that affects them, irrespective of how critical the general user would find that bug. So there may be bugs, but they aren't affecting my usage so I have a positive outlook on the release. Someone else might experience a less prevalent bug that, nevertheless, affects them all the time and feel this thing just isn't read for primetime.

The flick sensitivity is kind of like that. I actually like the way it is now. Even though I recognize it is different from GB, I just adjusted my behavior to work with it. Other folks just can't stand it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Denys Vlasenko/chris41g for busybox, ChainsDD for su, Steady Hawkin/Calkulin for FD02+CWM-Rogue(repack),
    qbking77 for video, id10terror for Odin 1-click suggestions, mavd5831, RainMotorSports, True_Darknight for mirror(s)

You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This One-Click ODIN contains the STOCK FE07 Modem/Kernel/ROM for the E4GT.

The ONLY change was the addition of ROOT to the ROM. NOTHING else was changed. If you made no other changes, you WOULD be able to install an OTA patch update (based off of FE07) on top of this w/o issues.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

This is equivalent to using the Auto Root Package on a stock ROM. In fact, if you used that package to UNROOT (Option B) this ROM then it would become 100% stock. After flashing this all functions of that package will be functional.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data. The NoData version is only suggested if you are upgrading or remaining at the same version.

attachment.php

Instructions - Video by qbking77 [ODIN One-Click / Install CWM]

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
    This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
    To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the FE07 full restore One-Click self-extractor
    SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197_ROOTED-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (RESET user data)
    [MD5: 642154655d55c600c795364787a95992 / Size: 304,358,736]

SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2 / Mirror3] (PRESERVE user data - do NOT use if downgrading versions)
    [MD5: f62147adfb0d6a6d55edf6989ba9b5e5 / Size: 303,367,202]

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
    double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
    Navigate to C:\Odin-OC
    Full: Double-click on SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197_ROOTED-OneClick.exe
    NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
    Power down phone
    Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
    Simultaneously [b]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/b] until confirmation screen appears
    Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
    adb reboot download
    Code:
    Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
    ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
    Note #1: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
    Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
    When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
    Phone will automatically reboot
    Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option D in the Auto Root Package to install FD02+CWM-Rogue (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary)

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
    Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
    - If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    - If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
    menu->applications->all->market->clear data
    - If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset in ICS using the ODIN OneClick Factory Reset tool. Do NOT perform factory resets using stock recovery or privacy->reset, at least until you read about the EMMC superbrick/lockup bug and understand what the trigger points are and what you are exposing yourself to.
    Before anyone asks, yes it is 4.0.4

jase33 has kindly put together a lite ICS theme available in this post

CWM update.zip for FE07 Modem and Kernel are in 2nd post.

Scrolling feels slightly tuned from FD26, but not a major change. Some will still feel it is too fast. Some will think it is just right.

I will try and keep the following updated as people post experiences

Summary of Comments

Android OS Battery Usage - Fixed
    Android OS high battery usage appears to be fixed. This may have just been a cosmetic issue in the past, but people did not like seeing Android OS with a high percentage on the Battery usage screen. Now the Android OS entry has much lower usage % and in some cases won't even show up anymore if you just boot your phone and do nothing.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25831003#post25831003

Social Hub Widget - Fixed
    Reports are this app works now - thanks erasable
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25829988#post25829988

WiFi with short DHCP leases disconnects often - Fixed
    Reports are WiFi disconnects associated with short DHCP leases doesn't occur anymore - thanks weboide
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25841783#post25841783
    Confirmed - thanks bloooctober
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25842645#post25842645

##DEBUG# lock code not known - Fixed
    In GB releases ##DEBUG# asked for your MSL. In ICS releases ##DEBUG# asks for a lock code, which is 777468 (SPRINT) - thanks bubur_bewok
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643497

Notification Sound Bug - Fixed
    The issue with the notification sounds going away on their own has been fixed since FD24. It is being listed here so you don't confuse it with the Notification Light Bug (below)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25292863&postcount=3

Notification Light Bug - Present
    The notification light does not blink while charging, thanks someguyatx:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25832058#post25832058

Chrome Stutter-Scroll - Present
    Multiple reports of chrome stutter-scroll still being present

MTP / USB Mass Storage - Present
    There is still no UI to switch from MTP mode to USB Mass Storage Mode. I think this is a mistake because many PCs do not support MTP or don't support it well. USB Mass Storage Mode allows your phone to show up as a USB drive when you plug it into a computer and is much better supported. Workaround and issue is covered in more detail here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24010029&postcount=889
    Reference Section
    A) Resources
    a1) tar.md5 versions of One-Click (for regular ODIN):
    SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197_ROOTED-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: b37d2a358c3cef3a2e2e182b59e6a81a / Size: 304,110,919]
    SPH-D710.FE07_CL519197_ROOTED_NODATA-sfx.exe [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 49d4280ea37dd3fc52fbbf70ef992302 / Size: 303,121,865]

B) (Individual) STOCK FE07 ODIN/CWM Components
    b0) Odin3 v1.85 (windows)
    - these are ODIN tar.md5 files bundled in a 7-zip self-extractor
    - ONLY use PDA Button for any of the following
    - Windows - Double-click on the self-extractor and choose your ODIN directory
    - Mac/Linux - Use 7-zip to extract
    b1) [ODIN] FE07 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: e743fac81db162edb636177eaa89fc71 / Size: 4,094,526]
    b2) [ODIN] FE07 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 0257bf91d3dac617162d2fe5f02aabd5 / Size: 6,077,404]
    b3) [ODIN] FE07 ROM [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: e4c11dd1432ac07c6659b4eb9d3947e3 / Size: 285,590,878]
    b4) [ODIN] FE07 ROM + root [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 14c4e4568b707c6789bdd7b4db72132d / Size: 285,565,228]
    b5) [CWM] FE07 Modem [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 7addab11150f922e2e0fa8c3b1850383 / Size: 5,133,616]
    b6) [CWM] FE07 Kernel [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: b27f482ea0b9a0ebcedb719617896a2e / Size: 6,035,270]
    b7) [CWM] Repack - FE07 Kernel (Unlocked Recovery) [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: ffa2f265c1cdb8f2827c3bcba7f953b5 / Size: 6,036,030]
    b8) [CWM] Repack - FE07 Kernel (Plus) [Mirror1 / Mirror2] [MD5: 1e45087a6d150000aadfd1d5607d4c87 / Size: 6,021,208]
    - Plus = unlocked recovery, initd, bootanim, usb-ms, adb-root

C) FAQ
    c1) Windows tells me "Unrecognized device (code 42)" and ODIN OC doesn't see my phone
    c2) What happened to USB Storage in ICS, how do I get the old GB behavior back?
    c3) How do I run Auto Root, ODIN OneClick, or ODIN on Mac?
    c4) What about the notification bug?
    c5) How do I get Sprint TV to work?
    c6) How do I get wifi tethering for ICS ROMs?
    c7) How do I enable the stock ICS launcher instead of TouchWiz?
    c8) How do I do screen captures in ICS?
    c9) How come the wallpaper doesn't scroll?
    c10) How do I resolve Contacts app Force Closing?
    c11) How do I access the ##DEBUG# menu?
    I threw together a quick ICS theme for this rom. This is a lite theme and will give an ICS look to the status bar, settings menu, dialer and a few other things. Flash with one of sfhub's modded kernels or the cwm kernel of your choice.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Screenshot_2012-05-09-07-36-19.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-09-07-36-32.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-09-07-36-40.png
    Didn't realize there was demand. I will put something out in a little bit after I test it. Going from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 I want to make sure everything still works.

It will be separate download.