[APP][2.2+] ERP Search SG (Singapore only)

Search This thread

poondek

Oct 8, 2008
Buangkok
Hi,

This app is only meant for use in Singapore (the rest of you wouldn't want to, really) as it's meant for the toll gantries. I'm sorry if it sounds too "exclusive". :)

The toll gantries known are part of the Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) scheme formulated by the government:mad:, and have been set up at traffic choke points, yada yada yada. This app helps to check on the gantry pricing at different times of the day.

There have been numerous apps I've come across on the iPhone platform that does this and more, but hardly anything useful on Android. Hence, I decided to make my own, that does nothing but tell me the price, so I can plan ahead of time. I've found it handy for myself at times, which made me want to share it here and gain some criticisms about it at the same time.

And since this is my first attempt, please go easy on me. But I'll gladly listen to any and all constructive feedback.

For easier selection, the gantries have been categorised into
  • Arterial
  • Expressways
  • CityCentral

Data is pulled from OneMotoring so the prices will always be accurate.

In case you were wondering, all gantries to city central regions have been grouped (CBD/Orchard/Downtown).

Market download here.

Thanks!

5 May 2011: 1.0b, first time sticking my head out.
10 Sep 2011: 1.1, fixed minor bugs, increased gantry pricing font size, vehicle category shifted to context menu, put up on market proper with ads, beta notification removed.
04 Oct 2011: 1.2, bug fix, updated gantry list, show full description of gantries instead.

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 19
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 15
  • screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 10
  • screen5.jpg
    screen5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

lukesky

Mar 26, 2007
nice job poondek! nice nick too!:p it's my fav indian swear word that I use very often. hahaha

Madrenergic

Jan 1, 2011
Nicely done. I was a bit amused to see this make the front page of xda. Have you thought about putting it up on the Android Market?

poondek

Oct 8, 2008
Buangkok
Cool~ thanks fellas! I'm quite amused to see it pop back up on top after 1 week myself. I'll hold off from forking out the registration to google for now, as I still have a lot to learn.

Nevertheless I still find it worthwhile to share it here, as I find it useful myself. Would have done it earlier, but I felt compelled to add that popup notice due to the sticky I saw about apps getting ripped from xda. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

This app is only meant for use in Singapore (the rest of you wouldn't want to, really) as it's meant for the toll gantries. I'm sorry if it sounds too "exclusive". :)

The toll gantries known are part of the Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) scheme formulated by the government:mad:, and have been set up at traffic choke points, yada yada yada. This app helps to check on the gantry pricing at different times of the day.

There have been numerous apps I've come across on the iPhone platform that does this and more, but hardly anything useful on Android. Hence, I decided to make my own, that does nothing but tell me the price, so I can plan ahead of time. I've found it handy for myself at times, which made me want to share it here and gain some criticisms about it at the same time.

And since this is my first attempt, please go easy on me. But I'll gladly listen to any and all constructive feedback.

For easier selection, the gantries have been categorised into
    • Arterial
    • Expressways
    • CityCentral

Data is pulled from OneMotoring so the prices will always be accurate.

In case you were wondering, all gantries to city central regions have been grouped (CBD/Orchard/Downtown).

Market download here.

Thanks!

5 May 2011: 1.0b, first time sticking my head out.
    10 Sep 2011: 1.1, fixed minor bugs, increased gantry pricing font size, vehicle category shifted to context menu, put up on market proper with ads, beta notification removed.
    04 Oct 2011: 1.2, bug fix, updated gantry list, show full description of gantries instead.