Sprint adds Kansas City and Baltimore to list of LTE markets

Search This thread

auau465121

Apr 12, 2010
New Orleans
If you've been waiting to see if your 'hood would be next up for Sprint to bless with a shiny new*LTE networkwe've got some potentially good news: by mid-2012 both Kansas City (regardless of what side of the Kansas / Missouri border you happen to be on) and Baltimore will be online. Those two cities will bring the total number of Sprint LTE markets to six, as they join the previously announced Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Atlanta. The carrier and CEO Dan Hesse refused to be any more specific about a launch date on today's earnings call, though, we can tell you the service should be launching alongside the*Galaxy Nexus,LG Viper*and a Sierra Wireless mobile hotspot capable of connecting via CDMA, WiMAX and LTE. Check out the PR after the break for more details.Show full PR textBaltimore and Kansas City Sprint Customers to Benefit from 4G LTE and 3G Enhancements in 2012Sprint adds to the list of cities to benefit from new and improved network technology by mid-year

Source: http://m.engadget.com/default/artic...markets/&category=classic&icid=eng_latest_art

Sent from my Galaxy S2 the next big thing

Reactions: lballer69

KCRic

Aug 4, 2010
Overland Park
I'm excited since I live in Overland Park. That being said, I won't be enjoying the LTE too much since I have this phone. Guess I'll start saving now.

globen

Jan 23, 2009
green bay
I think they should put lte networks into markets that dont have wimax yet. Hint hint Green Bay WI!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I was a bit shocked KC wasn't announced from the start. I knew or wouldn't take long. I bet they already have lte in Overland Park so they could test the new phones. Plus, the improved cdma will be great. I have horrible signal in my neighborhood(Briarcliff). The airrave helps a lot. Tye funny thing is they mentioned KU vs MU in the press release even though we all know that the chances of playing anymore are slim. Anyways, it is a pointless rivalry. KU sucks just like Johnson County and the rest of those cake eaters. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: thatdudepoops

thatdudepoops

Dec 6, 2009
Im in independence, mo. and my signal, 4g has always been excellent...so i hope its the same with LTE ...there r perks living close to sprint headquarters :)

Sent from the future

lballer69

Mar 3, 2010
baltimore
Baltimore fist pump .......it seems they are lighting the switch to city's that have wimax already.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I was told a while back it was kind of going to rollout in reverse meaning markets that don't have 4g would get the LTE first then the markets with WiMax would follow. ...in New Jersey now and the 3g has been great here. I haven't tested 4g much since I have Fios in the house..edit..I would imagine the major cities would have to follow very soon after because they need that advertising money...meaning L.A. and New York probably wont be far behind. Jersey represent!

Last edited:

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
I was told a while back it was kind of going to rollout in reverse meaning markets that don't have 4g would get the LTE first then the markets with WiMax would follow. ...in New Jersey now and the 3g has been great here. I haven't tested 4g much since I have Fios in the house..edit..I would imagine the major cities would have to follow very soon after because they need that advertising money...meaning L.A. and New York probably wont be far behind. Jersey represent!

When Hess anounced lte first like 5 months ago when they said that they would be going to lte they would start with areas that never got wimax and what do you know sprint fuxing lies again .... no phoenix on the list ...... but all cities with wimax .... stupid back asswards sprint ...you would think when they were testing lte it was phoenix they tested in with clear ....but don't announce it as one of their first cities ...6th largest in nation always screwed

Last edited:

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010

there's a network vision site in north jersey right now. just googled it... Branchburg, NJ. about an hour drive for me.. but i've been considering making the drive to test it.

tokuzumi

Nov 25, 2008
I'm fortunate to be in an area where sprint has great coverage, and speeds are really good. I'm usually getting bandwidth test speeds of over 1 mb/s, and sometimes even crest the 2 mb/s mark in the evenings. I rarely use 4G, one because my desk is on the other side of the building from the tower, so the signal barely makes it to my desk, and at home, it isn't all that great, either. I'll be curious to see if my data speeds improve on 3G once the NV initiative hits my neck of the woods. I'm also one of the first metros listed to get LTE when it comes out, but will wait to get a compatiable device until the Galaxy Nexus hits CL/Ebay for a decent discount.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you've been waiting to see if your 'hood would be next up for Sprint to bless with a shiny new*LTE networkwe've got some potentially good news: by mid-2012 both Kansas City (regardless of what side of the Kansas / Missouri border you happen to be on) and Baltimore will be online. Those two cities will bring the total number of Sprint LTE markets to six, as they join the previously announced Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Atlanta. The carrier and CEO Dan Hesse refused to be any more specific about a launch date on today's earnings call, though, we can tell you the service should be launching alongside the*Galaxy Nexus,LG Viper*and a Sierra Wireless mobile hotspot capable of connecting via CDMA, WiMAX and LTE. Check out the PR after the break for more details.Show full PR textBaltimore and Kansas City Sprint Customers to Benefit from 4G LTE and 3G Enhancements in 2012Sprint adds to the list of cities to benefit from new and improved network technology by mid-year

Source: http://m.engadget.com/default/artic...markets/&category=classic&icid=eng_latest_art

Sent from my Galaxy S2 the next big thing
    I was a bit shocked KC wasn't announced from the start. I knew or wouldn't take long. I bet they already have lte in Overland Park so they could test the new phones. Plus, the improved cdma will be great. I have horrible signal in my neighborhood(Briarcliff). The airrave helps a lot. Tye funny thing is they mentioned KU vs MU in the press release even though we all know that the chances of playing anymore are slim. Anyways, it is a pointless rivalry. KU sucks just like Johnson County and the rest of those cake eaters. Lol