opera mobile just updated. flash support is back n better than ever ;)

Search This thread

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
just like title says. make sure to update your opera mobile. great changelog and flash support for android 4.03 is back. Seems like the fastest browser around is back with full functionality again. flash video n movies working great on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pandanak

guyhoang

May 6, 2009
I tried to love chrome, but opera right now is better for me. Smoother and it supports scrolling with the mouse.

texstar

Feb 13, 2012
Houston
Opera was my first browser until I found Boat which I've grown fond of. Thanks for the tip on the update. It looks like it is time to revisit Opera.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Opera was my first browser until I found Boat which I've grown fond of. Thanks for the tip on the update. It looks like it is time to revisit Opera.

its worth the revisit. still haven't used a browser faster than this. now that flash is working really well on it, this will become the fav. again. getting tired of stock or ICS+ browser FC. I have boat also. its a nice browser, ill admit.

dingdonggggg

Aug 1, 2007
Opera Next (beta) is not bad either

Had a look on the Opera site. Saw you could download Opera Next (beta).
I must say real smooth and not bad.
Will give it a try for a while

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
what is Opera Next beta? what are new features or difference from opera mobile on android? I might check it out.

edit: seems like its just a new opera mini. opera mini usually doesn't have flash support. I saw opera mini next. is that the one you talking about?

Last edited:

dingdonggggg

Aug 1, 2007
what is Opera Next beta? what are new features or difference from opera mobile on android? I might check it out.

edit: seems like its just a new opera mini. opera mini usually doesn't have flash support. I saw opera mini next. is that the one you talking about?
yes you're completely right
No flash
My mistake
But smooth browsing

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Really fast and good to get flash support.

And I think Opera Mobile is the only browser that you can use the little search button on XDA.
On other browsers the search box disappear when you try to enter text.. In Opera the search box works like on the computer.

Some sunspider results, lower is better

Rom: Original ICS 4.0.3
Browser: Opera Mobile 12
Tweak: OC 1.6GHz
Result: 1352.3ms +/- 0.7%

Browser: Chrome Beta. Version 0.16.4215.215
Result: 1558.8ms +/- 1.9%

Browser: Chrome Beta.
Result: 1828.3ms +/- 1.8%

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Really fast and good to get flash support.

And I think Opera Mobile is the only browser that you can use the little search button on XDA.
On other browsers the search box disappear when you try to enter text.. In Opera the search box works like on the computer.

Some sunspider results, lower is better

Browser: Opera Mobile 12
Result: 1352.3ms +/- 0.7%

Browser: Chrome Beta. Version 0.16.4215.215
Result: 1558.8ms +/- 1.9%

Browser: Chrome Beta.
Result: 1828.3ms +/- 1.8%

yeah, opera mobile always yells the fastest sunspider results. you see the screen flashing so fast on opera. on any other browser the test seems to take its time. plus I've gotten even faster time than you showed on opera before.

shadow205

May 4, 2009
Funchal
I had many freezes with the stock browser, I installed opera mobile and freezes no longer occur, this browser is very fast and fluid, is my favorite.

luckyjj

Jan 19, 2012
opera mobile needs the hardware acceleration and smoothness of opera mini next currently has. Opera mobile's scrolling is way too choppy in framerate.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
not sure exactly what you mean. if you mean within the browser itself, not sure. haven't seen anything like that. But if rooted, you could just use AdAway and it'll block all ads period. works very well and speeds up browsers even more because it not loading flash ads.

maxfac1234

Feb 6, 2012
London
Sorry, yeah, I meant extension for the browser itself. I tried AdAway, it works, but as soon as I add more hosts file (totalling roughly 8megs of hosts file), the app crashed with out of memory error (which surprised me because it works on my samsung galaxy s phone running CM7). So currently I am manually copying the hosts file from my linux to ATP's /system/etc; with just minor alterations to make - a little of a hassle.

Thanks for reply.

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
Op are you sure this update on Opera Mobile gives us flash.I looked at it last night but the update said nothing about flash.It did say something about having better support for the Samsung 7.7 or something.Another thing what is up with all the new permissions Opera wants now (being able to take video & pictures of what's on your phone)..they're getting a lot of complaints about it too.I love Opera but what gives?

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Yes Opera Mobile 12 have working flash on ICS 4.0 DEVICE.

Maybe Iam late to the party but with Opera i can run a video in the browser and the open a second window and i continue to hear the audio from the video playing on the first window.

From the description on Android Market for Opera Mobile
Added:
Support for more than 9 speed dials
WebGL support
HTML5 Camera (Android 2.1+)
HTML5 Device Orientation
HTML5 parser (Ragnarök)
Android Beam support (NFC)
Added Flash support on Android 4.0.3
RTL text support in UI
Turkish translation
Improved:
Keyboard support
Scrolling on high pixel devices (Galaxy Nexus)
Closing of tabs
SSL connection speed
Upgraded:
Presto core (2.10.254)
Permissions: see "http://bit.ly/opera_permissions"

desert_mouse

Dec 17, 2011
Opera mobile freezing after update

I have been lucky enough to have no problems until now with my Prime or the apps on it.

Unfortunately this update has made my Opera Mobile unusable. Within three minutes it freezes, usually after I've clicked on a link. :(

I've restarted the tablet to no avail. Will uninstall and reinstall Opera now.

Update: After reinstall the freezes continue, this time even sooner. Anyway, this problem along with their new permissions makes it an easy choice for me. I'm looking for something to replace it. Currently using Dolphin HD but keeping my options open.

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I have been lucky enough to have no problems until now with my Prime or the apps on it.

Unfortunately this update has made my Opera Mobile unusable. Within three minutes it freezes, usually after I've clicked on a link. :(

I've restarted the tablet to no avail. Will uninstall and reinstall Opera now.

Update: After reinstall the freezes continue, this time even sooner. Anyway, this problem along with their new permissions makes it an easy choice for me. I'm looking for something to replace it. Currently using Dolphin HD but keeping my options open.

don't really see how. its very stable and hasn't froze or rebooted on me once since update. alot better than stock or ICS+ browser. plus I'm on .15. nothing wrong with Dolphin HD if it works for you. that's what's great about choice of browsers to use. Opera still the fastest n most stable around. now with flash support back n better, this my main browser again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just like title says. make sure to update your opera mobile. great changelog and flash support for android 4.03 is back. Seems like the fastest browser around is back with full functionality again. flash video n movies working great on it.
    I'm also getting crashes when I switch from full screen to minimizing when I stream Hulu. Same thing happens in ICS+ But it is super snappy! Question what does the Opera Turbo thing do? Should I have that enabled?

I leave it off. its like some server mode type thing. I think flash doesnt work with it on. puts it into a kind of opera mini mode. experiment n try out if curious. Look in opera help for exact definition of what it does.