[DEV][ROM][NAND][OverClocking][NEW BETA 0.3.1][2.3]MIUI[GSM/(CDMA?)]

Search This thread

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Hi all!
New, added feature and Re-Zipped. Included opera and No-Frills CPU Control in default! I have discovered this and decided to see how it may work for a Rhodium. It seems to work fine on my GSM Rhodium. I have no access to a CDMA one, so if there is a brave soul to try out or modify it to work. It is a 2.3 MIUI ROM. Ported to a Rhodium.
Here is what I have
Works:
  • Pretty much everything you may need
Bugs:
  • Not too sure about GPS
  • We all know the wake issue. Sometimes you may need to press the power button more than once
  • Um... The speed is not too good. The RHOD's CPU is just not the fastest :)
  • Battery life needs improvements
Install Instructions:
Have NAND CWM and LK Working. Donwload one of the NAND Testing builds in this forum. Flash this throungh CWM.
OverClocking:
Okay. Here is how you do it. The ROM is rooted and the Kernel has overclocking enabled. Do NOT use SetCPU, since it will simply crash (no idea why) I reccomend using 'No-Frills CPU' which IS NOW STOCK!
Download link:
Here is the CWM Flashable ROM. As I said before, the gapps have seemed to have dissappeared :eek:, so just use any gapps from the forum.
Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?n8zhz0j8rgij44q
Cheers!!

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hrm. Is there a point to MIUI if I don't understand Chinese? AFAIK that ROM is an iPhone clone that is made for Chinese people, by Chinese people...

More ROM's are good tho. I still wish we had a solid CM build, but perhaps our tired old devices will never be able to properly handle it.

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Very true now in definitely gonna have to get me a new tp2

ⓥⓘⓐ ⓔⓘⓘ4ⓖ

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Hrm. Is there a point to MIUI if I don't understand Chinese? AFAIK that ROM is an iPhone clone that is made for Chinese people, by Chinese people...

More ROM's are good tho. I still wish we had a solid CM build, but perhaps our tired old devices will never be able to properly handle it.
No worries :). It is in. English.
Rhod's CPU is kinda slow. What can you do. Goo thing you can over clock with 'No frills CPU'

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Note that both ROMs are a port from a different device. That is probably why we got the same name.

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Opening up CWM is done by holding the power button. You flash this as a zip. About the size, I am not sure about that. I have changed the build.prop completely and some other files. Edited the updating script and added apks. Have I possibly uploaded the wrong one? Let me check.

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Sorryy... I am a noob in md5s. I have a newer build with some more stuff. I will re-zip it. That should fix it. Russian Upload speeds suck. Here, see, I have no more than 7kb/s in upload.

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
Corporate Mail

Is it possible to add exchange type of account? After install gapps I have only Google Account in Settings - Accounts&Sync - Add account :(
But testing this build now and give feedback later.

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
Is it possible to add exchange type of account? After install gapps I have only Google Account in Settings - Accounts&Sync - Add account :(
But testing this build now and give feedback later.
Does it work fine? That's good to hear. About the Gapps, try installing different ones. This is a gapps problem. I will try to find the ones I used.
That's what I said:
Tak to funguje? To mám radost. Můj Rhodium je tak nějak pod hromadou prachu :0. Ten problém s GAPPSy, je jednoduše tím že tam v nich ta část chybí. Bud' nové Gappsy, nebo si počkejte a já se pokusím najít ty co jsem používal (Omlouvám se jestli nedávám smysl, ale po týdnu v angličtině je těžké přepnout ne češtinu)

tommrazek01

Oct 29, 2011
The option is a part of GoogleExchangeServices.apk, or something like that. In my Samsung Galaxy Tab, it is a part of the Gapps. Maybe it is different here, since I am on Ice Cream Sandwich there. Ill have a look.

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
Last update has wrong directory structure of installation .zip file.
There is: miui_rhodium_gsm_0.3.1.zip -> miui_rhodium_gsm_0.3.1 -> standard structure and can't be installed.
Directory miui_rhodium_gsm_0.3.1 in .zip must go to hell ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    New, added feature and Re-Zipped. Included opera and No-Frills CPU Control in default! I have discovered this and decided to see how it may work for a Rhodium. It seems to work fine on my GSM Rhodium. I have no access to a CDMA one, so if there is a brave soul to try out or modify it to work. It is a 2.3 MIUI ROM. Ported to a Rhodium.
    Here is what I have
    Works:
    • Pretty much everything you may need
    Bugs:
    • Not too sure about GPS
    • We all know the wake issue. Sometimes you may need to press the power button more than once
    • Um... The speed is not too good. The RHOD's CPU is just not the fastest :)
    • Battery life needs improvements
    Install Instructions:
    Have NAND CWM and LK Working. Donwload one of the NAND Testing builds in this forum. Flash this throungh CWM.
    OverClocking:
    Okay. Here is how you do it. The ROM is rooted and the Kernel has overclocking enabled. Do NOT use SetCPU, since it will simply crash (no idea why) I reccomend using 'No-Frills CPU' which IS NOW STOCK!
    Download link:
    Here is the CWM Flashable ROM. As I said before, the gapps have seemed to have dissappeared :eek:, so just use any gapps from the forum.
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?n8zhz0j8rgij44q
    Cheers!!
    Download Links Posted!
    I also cannot install. In clockwork when i select zip file from sd card it starts then says instalation aborted

See post 19 or 21 in this thread ...
    Nope, still nothing even when formated my sd card to normal. I will post screen shots tomorrow, or i will make a video with problem and upload to yt so you can see what it is. I really want MIUI on this phone, i use MIUI on my desire, but i want it on this. I have tryed alot of roms on Desire, but this is the best for me.

Perhaps you're not getting it.

This isn't an SD build. It doesn't use the SD card. It's flashed to the phone - a 'NAND' build. See the OMGB thread.

OP, you really should make some better directions.
    Nope, still nothing even when formated my sd card to normal. I will post screen shots tomorrow, or i will make a video with problem and upload to yt so you can see what it is. I really want MIUI on this phone, i use MIUI on my desire, but i want it on this. I have tryed alot of roms on Desire, but this is the best for me.

before you start, miui for tp2 is not staple at all!

you can't use it for daily use at the moment, for this switch over to
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347321

if you strictly follow this guide (take adb from droid explorer for windows if needed)

http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/wiki/NANDHOWTO

you'll get everything running, not staple but running.

important is to have the LK-Bootloader (thats in the nbh file) and the recovery (its now cwm)

to get them on your tp2 you need adb. ;) its not that difficult. just read exactly, take a lot of time, no hurry!