BLU VIVO xi+ Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Handymanpro

Dec 16, 2019
A place that doesn't exist
I think the only way to us will be wait for someone post the final version of the PIE.
The BLU support is terrible, they dont answer nothing correct. And since you return to 8 with no sucess to upgrade via OTA to 9 I will not do that either.
I like the device (I use as a second phone) but the support and updates are terrible. Ok, I know it is a cheap device, but even cheap devices, like the Xiaomi Note 7, has better support.

I agree, but xiaomi i think used a different modem and cameras and possibly an alt digitizer, its also possible they used other hardware for other things in the phones too.

I compared most of the MT6771 chipped phones and the panasonic was the closest inside, pretty sure its the same phone just branded Panasonic and has panasonic modded firmware (with that panasonic AI-widget thing they included). Mostly curious what was disabled or left enabled in the panasonic version of Oreo., it is an India region phone and talking with those university guys and girls , they sure do play a lot with ROMS and Kernels and find some cool Bugs - so it could be locked down tighter than the Blu XI+.

I spoke to Blu about 3days ago, Official Pie 9 release is out already for v0311ww. ,, the 64GB version is (as the rep said) on the way for v0310ww but not released yet - but its coming so kindly wait.
"Like what? First quarter of 2019?"
Or when everyone has already put the XI+ away in a drawer for retirement

If i can just get my hands on an authentic v0311ww firmware Oreo or Pie at this pont (not one that just says v0311ww on the zip file and when you dig inside its actually a v0310ww wwr-mtk rip)

Would not be the first mediatek or Blu phone to get firmware from another model.
****update : Panasonic has same scatter only partition sizes and addresses are not the same for SYS39 through SYS42, also almost everything is an Image (.img) file and paired with a -verified file Except those partitions ( 39=userdata 40=otp 41=flashinfo 42=sgpt ) , installed-files.txt and vendor files there too. *ill dig and extract more when I have time. Seems to be more hassle than its worth - it is Panasonic's version of the XI+

Last edited:

elcio.jr

Dec 6, 2010
I agree, but xiaomi i think used a different modem and cameras and possibly an alt digitizer, its also possible they used other hardware for other things in the phones too.

I compared most of the MT6771 chipped phones and the panasonic was the closest inside, pretty sure its the same phone just branded Panasonic and has panasonic modded firmware (with that panasonic AI-widget thing they included). Mostly curious what was disabled or left enabled in the panasonic version of Oreo., it is an India region phone and talking with those university guys and girls , they sure do play a lot with ROMS and Kernels and find some cool Bugs - so it could be locked down tighter than the Blu XI+.

I spoke to Blu about 3days ago, Official Pie 9 release is out already for v0311ww. ,, the 64GB version is (as the rep said) on the way for v0310ww but not released yet - but its coming so kindly wait.
"Like what? First quarter of 2019?"
Or when everyone has already put the XI+ away in a drawer for retirement

If i can just get my hands on an authentic v0311ww firmware Oreo or Pie at this pont (not one that just says v0311ww on the zip file and when you dig inside its actually a v0310ww wwr-mtk rip)

Would not be the first mediatek or Blu phone to get firmware from another model.
****update : Panasonic has same scatter only partition sizes and addresses are not the same for SYS39 through SYS42, also almost everything is an Image (.img) file and paired with a -verified file Except those partitions ( 39=userdata 40=otp 41=flashinfo 42=sgpt ) , installed-files.txt and vendor files there too. *ill dig and extract more when I have time. Seems to be more hassle than its worth - it is Panasonic's version of the XI+

But the Panasonic "version" still in Android 8 too....
You think still worth trying it?

Handymanpro

Dec 16, 2019
But the Panasonic "version" still in Android 8 too....
You think still worth trying it?

I was thinking a variety of things, flashing Panasonic's full firmware over blu firmware is not part of that variety.
when im ready to trash this phone then maybe do it just out of curiosity. But I want to make it a gift to a friend when I travel back overseas ( if I can get full pie on it.)

Handymanpro

Dec 16, 2019
Pie 9 *04.04 (v0310ww) OTA update

I guess it was released before the last time I called, don't know why they wouldn't just tell me that on the last call.

Spoke to blu again, they said since the end of 2019 pie 9 (not beta) for V0310WW is available for pre Verizon update phones. (8.1.04.04) , you MUST call to contact the software team and register your phone for pie update -before the Verizon update-, you should then receive the pie OTA update notification.
I'll flash back to 8 stock again when I've got free time then call again.
Hopefully its all correct information the blu representative gave me, he sounded more knowledgeable then the last rep I spoke to.

elcio.jr

Dec 6, 2010
I guess it was released before the last time I called, don't know why they wouldn't just tell me that on the last call.

Spoke to blu again, they said since the end of 2019 pie 9 (not beta) for V0310WW is available for pre Verizon update phones. (8.1.04.04) , you MUST call to contact the software team and register your phone for pie update -before the Verizon update-, you should then receive the pie OTA update notification.
I'll flash back to 8 stock again when I've got free time then call again.
Hopefully its all correct information the blu representative gave me, he sounded more knowledgeable then the last rep I spoke to.

Have you managed to to that?
My still on BETA.
And the 8 version you have it for the V0310WW?
If you have sucess tell us to do the same here.

cannabiscure

Dec 25, 2019
Who has firmware for this phone please? I have a demo phone stuck in demo mode even when you turn off the demo mode, so I need to flash either the stock rom or an update. So difficult to find the ROM for this phone, almost all the rest I can find but no this one!

NetoSenpai

Aug 8, 2014
Reactions: cannabiscure

XTheArrowX

May 6, 2015
Pie update?

I bought the Best Buy model yesterday and I was certain it was supposed to have the Android pie update. Am I wrong? I keep checking for update but nothing. I'm on December 2018 update

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Edit: NVM I spoke to BLU and I apparently have the Verizon software as well.

cannabiscure

Dec 25, 2019
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Flashed this from Recovery and it updated my V0310WW from Pie Beta to Pie Official, Oct 5 2019 patch level - BLU_V0310WW_V9.0.04.09_GENERIC

Again, thank you very much.

That's good news! Makes me glad I took the time to TWRP the phone and root it, then install the root file manager and find the OTA file, then upload it. It was my first time doing that!

Also glad to hear people can use this to get out of the Beta mode and into the final version. Since apparently it doesn't let you OTA the update, kind of weird.

I made a TWRP backup of my phone before I did that, too. It had Oreo on it then.

This phone is fairly doable when it comes to firmware.

cannabiscure

Dec 25, 2019
Any good custom roms or customization apps? What about LineageOS, anyone tried it?

I'm pretty happy with Android 9 on this device but it's always fun to explore the limitations a little bit. If I use TWRP or another custom recovery, that would help protect against if something goes wrong with lineage OS, I suppose?

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

TWRP Backup of the stock Oreo ROM for Vivo XI+ Plus (dual sim) in case you want to get back to stock for some reason. You need to install the TWRP first though to use this.
TWRP for VIVO XI+: https://unofficialtwrp.com/blu-vivo-xi-plus-root/

TWRP Backup of Stock Oreo for VIVO XI+
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bs7hu65HA1Bg1NW3VtWpSR6xRVuxPfKH

TekinfiMt

May 21, 2017
someone help me to root and twrp on blu vivo xi + android 9.0 I had in version 8.1 af

I haven't found much on here about the BLU VIVO xi+, so I thought I’d start a discussion thread about it.

The BLU VIVO xi+
Basic specs from BLU's site:
MediaTek helio P60
2.0 GHz Octo-core
Gorilla Glass 3
19:9 Aspect ratio
1080x2246 resolution
128 GB storage
6GB RAM
Micro SD up to 128GB
Dual Cameras 16 mp + 5 mp
16 mp selfie cam
Face and Finger unlock
3050 mAh battery
Wireless Charging
Android 8.1 Oreo
Dual SIM US, Carriers

I love this phone. It's my first venture into the non carrier locked, non pay as you go phone. After spending nearly a week with it, I can honestly say I've have never had a better phone. Yes, I've owned some very crappy phones by comparison, so we'll get the disparaging remarks out of the way. I've read the reviews and people's negative comments, but I've also seen some very positive reviews and positive user reviews on YouTube. Those reviews and a promotional email from Amazon helped me pull the trigger on this phone.

I'll post again as I gain more experience with this phone.

BTW I checked for updates the day I got it and a 500+ MB file downloaded and installed. I kind of wish I had waited, it'd be nice to know what issues might have been fixed

someone help me to root and twrp on blu vivo xi + android 9.0
I had in version 8.1 after the update that I couldn't blink

cannabiscure

Dec 25, 2019
someone help me to root and twrp on blu vivo xi + android 9.0
I had in version 8.1 after the update that I couldn't blink

You do not need to TWRP, you can just use this update file, copy to the microsd card and update via recovery mode.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T-M6kZbuSJJZqv6EKzxP6boNUA9dUr2Q

But if you want to TWRP, here is the link and the instructions. All the directions are here and everything you need is also:
https://unofficialtwrp.com/blu-vivo-xi-plus-root/

What are you expecting someone else to do to help you???

cannabiscure

Dec 25, 2019
Who has the Verizon firmware? What if I have the GSM version and want to convert to Verizon capability? Can anyone post a link to the Verizon firmware? Or how about a TWRP backup of that for me?

It would be nice to be able to flash back and forth at will, of course being GSM and Verizon capable at the same time with dual sim capability would be even better!

PS I have unlocked bootloader and I was able to OTA to 9 just fine. Some said if you unlock the bootloader it won't OTA, but mine did. They ma have changed it somehow not sure.

g207151

Oct 19, 2009
I'm looking to turn on the proper CDMA bands for total wireless. So I assume I need a Verizon ROM?. Right now I am rooted with Oreo but the phone will only work as GSM. Total Wireless only supports CDMA. I can flash and backup any or all of the partitions with SP Flash tool with no problem. I was so focused on flashing it I failed to learn to back it up first. Then I flashed it and thought I had it made. But lost my Verizon Connectivity. I did do a Maui Meta NVRAM Backup. But Restoring it did not seem to work. Any Ideas?

fcohen

Dec 4, 2013
Who has the Verizon firmware? What if I have the GSM version and want to convert to Verizon capability? Can anyone post a link to the Verizon firmware? Or how about a TWRP backup of that for me?

It would be nice to be able to flash back and forth at will, of course being GSM and Verizon capable at the same time with dual sim capability would be even better!

PS I have unlocked bootloader and I was able to OTA to 9 just fine. Some said if you unlock the bootloader it won't OTA, but mine did. They ma have changed it somehow not sure.

Never made a backup of the Verizon firmware, never wanted it in the first place. Only link I saw is here https://bluproducts.com/support/verizon.pdf

Apparently, BLU seems to do updates via IMEI - and it feels like a one-shot thing.

For example, I had the BestBuy dual IMEI model, which was a Verizon model that came with 8.04.04 (dual sim) - then December 2018 came around, it got "upgraded" to one-sim verizon. I then used the pie-beta to get back to dual-sim/no verizon.

When I used the roms floating in this thread to downgrade back to "stock" 8.04.04, I never received any OTA updates at all. Expected at least the December 2018 security patch, but nada. Contacted BLU and they said a pie upgrade will be coming in the future for Verizon phones.

It wasn't until you posted the official pie upgrade that got me a rom upgrade!

Unfortunately, a few days of enjoying official pie, my bloated battery caught fire spectacularly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't found much on here about the BLU VIVO xi+, so I thought I’d start a discussion thread about it.

The BLU VIVO xi+
    Basic specs from BLU's site:
    MediaTek helio P60
    2.0 GHz Octo-core
    Gorilla Glass 3
    19:9 Aspect ratio
    1080x2246 resolution
    128 GB storage
    6GB RAM
    Micro SD up to 128GB
    Dual Cameras 16 mp + 5 mp
    16 mp selfie cam
    Face and Finger unlock
    3050 mAh battery
    Wireless Charging
    Android 8.1 Oreo
    Dual SIM US, Carriers

I love this phone. It's my first venture into the non carrier locked, non pay as you go phone. After spending nearly a week with it, I can honestly say I've have never had a better phone. Yes, I've owned some very crappy phones by comparison, so we'll get the disparaging remarks out of the way. I've read the reviews and people's negative comments, but I've also seen some very positive reviews and positive user reviews on YouTube. Those reviews and a promotional email from Amazon helped me pull the trigger on this phone.

I'll post again as I gain more experience with this phone.

BTW I checked for updates the day I got it and a 500+ MB file downloaded and installed. I kind of wish I had waited, it'd be nice to know what issues might have been fixed
    Here is Android Pie for the Vivo XI+ GSM Version, NOT for Verizon because it would turn the phone into a GSM phone I think, which would mean it would work with AT&T, t-mobile but not Verizon.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bi9pZcbUnFHYrU8V1vq6VMhzxuxqK7H/view
    TWRP 3.2.3
    Patched Boot
    Firmware BLU_V0310WW_V8.1.04.04_GENERIC

Download

Install TWRP:
    1. Copy to Micro SDCard the file "Magisk-v18.zip"/ "remove_encryption.zip"
    2. Flash the "recovery.img"
    3. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "Magisk-v18.zip"
    4. Install "remove_encryption"
    5. "Format Data"
    6. Reboot to the System
    Blu has responded to me. Your vivo xi kernel source s are uploaded.
    Hi everyone,

I am Thanh from Vietnam
    My friend in mobiistar provide me flashtool for mobiistar X, Blu Vivo XI clone, hope everyone can use this flashtool for backup Blu Vivo XI+ sw, it also have auth inside SignDA folder.
    Please download SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1812.00.000 I attached on link below
    https://we.tl/t-AhQDCrnoK1