[ROM] [8.1] LineageOS 15.1 [POLLUX/POLLUX_WINDY][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

CaHbKaUp

Oct 29, 2016
This is an Unofficial builds for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
About ROM
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.x (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation
  • Download the latest build
  • Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
  • Reboot into recovery mode
  • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot
Downloads
Pollux: AFH
Pollux_windy: AFH
Recommended Recovery (optional)
Gapps (optional)
OpenGapps (ARM/Android-8.x): http://opengapps.org
Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1 for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
CaHbKaUp, CyberWalkMaN, Daedroza, Chippa_a, AdrianDC
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-06-17

Created 2018-01-15
Last Updated 2019-06-17

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
Thanks for this ROM, amazing that I now have android 8.1 on this device. Only issue I can see is that OpenGapps doesn't yet support 8.1 so flashing older versions (at least when I tried 8.0) results in an error
This GApps pkg is for Android 8.0.x only, Please download the correct version for your ROM 8.1.0 (SDK 27)

botsaris

Dec 20, 2011
Patras
Reactions: Bojanglez

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
Yeah it is all working nicely now. Once again thanks for getting it out there, can't believe my 5 year old Tablet Z has Oreo before my Galaxy S8 .

Reactions: ric84

ric84

Apr 16, 2013
home :)
Damn, my root is gone and i cant boot into recovery. Vol Down and Power Button doenst work, it directly boots the lineage 8.1. Any Help? Thanks alot !

Edit: got recovery by Terminal. When i get my root back, then i will be happy :)
Edit 2: Have Root again, SuperSU, everything works, will test now. Thanks all for your amazing Work!

Last edited:

risant

Aug 6, 2016
cannot boot to recovery --power +volume down didn't work anymore ..i need to boot to recovery to install supersu... pleaae help

ric84

Apr 16, 2013
home :)
cannot boot to recovery --power +volume down didn't work anymore ..i need to boot to recovery to install supersu... pleaae help

Activate and open the Developer Settings, tick on the Terminal. Then type into the Terminal "reboot recovery", maybe you need before to type in "su". Then you hopefully can boot into your Recovery and get SuperSU.

I also cannot boot to Recovery by pressing Vol down and Power. After i flashed SU, i installed a Root App for booting to Recovery. This Solution is actually the best.

Last edited:

risant

Aug 6, 2016
The only bug in this unit is charging - you cannot charge the unit when it's turned off ..wifi,bluetooth is ok ,..sometimes video glitch..any fixes for next update

lineagefan123

Jan 21, 2018
First thanks a lot for the effort!
I tried the new 15.1 build, it looks great, the only bug I recognized is ghost touches. So if I use the screen keyboard suddenly it's gone because of a ghost touch to a different screen region.
There's a developer option to show fingertipps on the screen so I can see that there's touches on parts of the screen where there are in fact none.
I don't have this behavior with lineage 14.1. on the same device (flashed back and forth between the versions).
Also there's an option to set the touch reaction time to "long" but that didn't fully solve the problem.

botsaris

Dec 20, 2011
Patras
First thanks a lot for the effort!
I tried the new 15.1 build, it looks great, the only bug I recognized is ghost touches. So if I use the screen keyboard suddenly it's gone because of a ghost touch to a different screen region.
There's a developer option to show fingertipps on the screen so I can see that there's touches on parts of the screen where there are in fact none.
I don't have this behavior with lineage 14.1. on the same device (flashed back and forth between the versions).
Also there's an option to set the touch reaction time to "long" but that didn't fully solve the problem.

I don't have this issue, Pollux Windy ROM.

Reactions: lineagefan123

tux4you

Jan 22, 2018

hi guys, I'm new here ...great forum, great knowledge
i would ask, if that is a general problem with the recovery.

i had an crash, don't know why, and had to reflash the tablet. so recovery via terminal was not possible.

is power +volume down now working? i would like to test that image.

thanks for help and answer ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think so.
    there will be a link here soon when I find the file.

edit.
    I only have this lineage-15.1-20220416-microG-pollux.zip file.
    Thank you anyway! I will try it, maybe it does work somehow on the non-LTE version.
    This is an Unofficial builds for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
    About ROM
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.x (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation
    • Download the latest build
    • Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    Downloads
    Pollux: AFH
    Pollux_windy: AFH
    Recommended Recovery (optional)
    Gapps (optional)
    OpenGapps (ARM/Android-8.x): http://opengapps.org
    Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
    CaHbKaUp, CyberWalkMaN, Daedroza, Chippa_a, AdrianDC
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-06-17

Created 2018-01-15
    Last Updated 2019-06-17
    New update build 2018/07/08
    Changes:
    • July 2018 Android security patch
    Last build includes following fixes:
    - camcorder (special thanks to @AdrianDC and Milos Ratkovic <milosr@gmail.com>)
    - youtube 60fps video issue
    - include exfat driver
    New update build 2018/08/16
    Changes:
    • August 2018 Android security patch
    • Offline charger UI WIP
    New update build 2018/06/23
    Changes:
    • New kernel exFAT support
    • SEPolicy enforced by default
    • June 2018 Android security patch