[27/10][jb][xxls2]classic rom - v1 - beta

Search This thread

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
CLASSIC ROM - V1 BETA

All our builds will be beta till SAMMy releases the official build. So do expect some bugs. This version is what you can expect in the future builds. I have added most of the mods and further mods and fixes i will release soon as i dont have note at the moment and heavily relying on beta testers! If anyone having CSC folders or if can extarct from cache.img, then i will add the same in the next builds!

6T1S8.png

Changelog

• Based on XXLS2 firmware
  • XXLS1 modem
  • Philz Kernel (Thanks to Phill)
  • Added Accuweather widget from NOTE2
  • Fully deodexed
  • Busybox and Supersu added
  • Music Player FC Fixed
  • Added EXTRA 3 toggles to SystemUI with scrolling enabled - Flashlight, Driving Mode & Flight Mode
  • Added Extended Power Menu
  • SecMMS modified for unlimited Recipent and also bypasses security policies of google to send more than 30 SMS in an hour
  • No MMS Conversion mod included
  • Native Call Recording Included
  • Native browser has been modded to have unlimited tabs!
  • Smart Rotation Enabled!
  • Added Init.d Scripts
  • Added tweaks in build.prop
  • Scrolling Cache Disabled
  • Added Version Name in Settings!
  • New Gmail Included with Pinch to Zoom feature & Swipe to ArchiveSmart
  • No ascending ringtone mod included!

Known Bugs

1. For the first time Snote should be Opened using widget and later on it can be opened from APP drawer
2. If you know any bugs please let us know, so that we can provide solutions in next coming builds!

Installation Instructions

• Make a NANDROID backup first
  • Flash through recovery using safe kernel as our script automatically wipes the system and no need to do factory reset

Screenshots

Vf8ao.jpg
cY4Qs.png

Download Links

https://rapidshare.com/files/3880001035/ClassicROM_v1-beta.zip
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33372972&postcount=142 - Thanks to koniakki

To-DO

Adding Yahoo ticker in lockscreen (if possible i will add it as an addon today itself)

Toggle - Reorder

If any one wants to re-arrange the toggle order, then decompile the systemui and go to \systemui\res\values and edit arrays.xml and chnage the toggle order:

PHP:
    <string-array name="QuickSettingButtonAttribute">
        <item>Wifi</item>
        <item>Location</item>
        <item>Bluetooth</item>
        <item>MobileData</item>
        <item>SilentMode</item>
        <item>AirplaneMode</item>
        <item>AutoRotate</item>
        <item>Flashlight</item>
        <item>DormantMode</item>
        <item>PowerSaving</item>
        <item>DrivingMode</item>
        <item>Sync</item>
    </string-array>

Special Thanks

Classic Team Members - @txr33, @prasadnaidu, @raghavfit, @androidindian, @srinivassri, @nagendar & @Vijay(DARKY DEV - For allowing us to use darky script)

Credits

• WANAM
  • Bangsti- For Project- Revo
  • Crash
  • Eybee
  • and all users of classic rom

Last edited:

ral7

Aug 23, 2012
Boston
I am on the leaked version of jb by crash dated 24/10. And have flashed the philz kernel for jb through PC Odin.
All I have to do is just flash this ROM through recovery rite?
Just want to be safe that's why asking. Thank you!
And thanks for the ROM :)
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
I am on the leaked version of jb by crash dated 24/10. And have flashed the philz kernel for jb through PC Odin.
All I have to do is just flash this ROM through recovery rite?
Just want to be safe that's why asking. Thank you!
And thanks for the ROM :)

Just stay on the safe kernel and the rest will take care by our scripts...no need to do the factory reset...just flash the zip from recovery

Reactions: ral7

ttkyy

Nov 28, 2011
I m waitingggggg to download,thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

lee yun khong

Dec 17, 2009
Thank you grgsiocl, really aprreciate you still take care of note 1 user.

I wont go for note2..hopefully to meet you again in note3.

Reactions: grgsiocl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CLASSIC ROM - V1 BETA

All our builds will be beta till SAMMy releases the official build. So do expect some bugs. This version is what you can expect in the future builds. I have added most of the mods and further mods and fixes i will release soon as i dont have note at the moment and heavily relying on beta testers! If anyone having CSC folders or if can extarct from cache.img, then i will add the same in the next builds!

6T1S8.png

Changelog

• Based on XXLS2 firmware
    • XXLS1 modem
    • Philz Kernel (Thanks to Phill)
    • Added Accuweather widget from NOTE2
    • Fully deodexed
    • Busybox and Supersu added
    • Music Player FC Fixed
    • Added EXTRA 3 toggles to SystemUI with scrolling enabled - Flashlight, Driving Mode & Flight Mode
    • Added Extended Power Menu
    • SecMMS modified for unlimited Recipent and also bypasses security policies of google to send more than 30 SMS in an hour
    • No MMS Conversion mod included
    • Native Call Recording Included
    • Native browser has been modded to have unlimited tabs!
    • Smart Rotation Enabled!
    • Added Init.d Scripts
    • Added tweaks in build.prop
    • Scrolling Cache Disabled
    • Added Version Name in Settings!
    • New Gmail Included with Pinch to Zoom feature & Swipe to ArchiveSmart
    • No ascending ringtone mod included!

Known Bugs

1. For the first time Snote should be Opened using widget and later on it can be opened from APP drawer
    2. If you know any bugs please let us know, so that we can provide solutions in next coming builds!

Installation Instructions

• Make a NANDROID backup first
    • Flash through recovery using safe kernel as our script automatically wipes the system and no need to do factory reset

Screenshots

Vf8ao.jpg
    cY4Qs.png

Download Links

https://rapidshare.com/files/3880001035/ClassicROM_v1-beta.zip
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33372972&postcount=142 - Thanks to koniakki

To-DO

Adding Yahoo ticker in lockscreen (if possible i will add it as an addon today itself)

Toggle - Reorder

If any one wants to re-arrange the toggle order, then decompile the systemui and go to \systemui\res\values and edit arrays.xml and chnage the toggle order:

PHP:
        <string-array name="QuickSettingButtonAttribute">
            <item>Wifi</item>
            <item>Location</item>
            <item>Bluetooth</item>
            <item>MobileData</item>
            <item>SilentMode</item>
            <item>AirplaneMode</item>
            <item>AutoRotate</item>
            <item>Flashlight</item>
            <item>DormantMode</item>
            <item>PowerSaving</item>
            <item>DrivingMode</item>
            <item>Sync</item>
        </string-array>

Special Thanks

Classic Team Members - @txr33, @prasadnaidu, @raghavfit, @androidindian, @srinivassri, @nagendar & @Vijay(DARKY DEV - For allowing us to use darky script)

Credits

• WANAM
    • Bangsti- For Project- Revo
    • Crash
    • Eybee
    • and all users of classic rom
    Here it is finally...:)
    ClassicROMv1-beta
    Now testing 15 toggle mod....
    Ok after going through all the post i guess following are the problems faced by many users:

1. Snote and note2 weather widget is missing -> Include it in next build
    2. Root explorer not working- still i have not got the proper logcat but all other explorers are working fine
    3. Root problems - I will include new busybox nd su binaries in next build
    4. Face unlock - Not many users reported problems, but if any, try to flash recent gapps and let me know the feedback
    5. Home button problem - I will disable it..at the moment if you have svoice the it should not create any problem
    6. MMS conversion - I will check the code and provide the fix in the next build

I would like to thank all the users who tested the ROM and gave the valuable feedback...We tried our best to give you the best ROM, unfortunately i dont own the device hence most of the problems was not througly checked and thats the reason why we named it as beta...but we are happpy to provide with many mods like extra toggles in stock which i have not provided in S3 & note2 and it has come first to note n7000 only. Most of the mods which are available in s3 & note 2 has been provided in this beta build! I would like to thank @vijai(darky rom dev) who is providing all his assistance to me from time to time
    grgsiocl, Pls make an update... This ROM is NOT smooth... It's like im in powersave mode... I'm waiting for your improvements.

i will do it mate..patience is virtue..it is month end and i need to reach the assigned targets at my job...so cant sit on just developing the roms (I need to work on S3 & NoteII as well)..I am testing few stuffs before i release...hopefully in couple of days i will do that!
    by the time the ROM gets uploaded i will make a 15 toggle mod as an addon...so stay tuned guys!