[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

NIKOSXRI

Jan 27, 2009
Athens
HTC icons in bottom bar- all resolutions

Keith,

How are you changing the two launcher icons? I'm trying to change them on the main Lifestyle screens, but the file that seems to have them (qa_menu_tabs) isn't in my list of files. Is that a created file you made? Here are the pics I'm talking about. I don't want to add extra pages or anything like - just a simple swap of the two stock icons to the HTC ones you're using. Any help is appreciated!

Edit menubar.xml file as following:
Place the bold letters of the two icons replacing yours accordingly:
- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn0" ID="1">
<String Name="Backgrd" Value="MenuBackgrd" />
<Skin Name="IconSkin" Skin="qa_menu_tabs" DoubleSkin="va_menu_tabs" />
<String Name="Icons" Value="TabIcons" />
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="224" Width="36" Height="36" />
<String Name="Open" Value=":LAUNCHER" />

- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn1" ID="2">
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="260" Width="36" Height="36" />
<String Name="Open" Value=":FAVORITES" />

Also if you dont have it put the attached qa_menu_tabs.dat file in spb shell folder.
I attach you my menubar.xml file to compare but i have 3 icons in bottom bar.
After download rename the zip to dat and in the other file delete the txt.

Since i have 3 icons in bottom bar i dont know if you will have the icons correctly placed but you can play with the x y values.

Attachments

• MenuBar.xml.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 41
  • qa_menu_tabs.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 131
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 97
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

willbread

Jul 24, 2008
If you are interested in a signal level indicator like this

lifestyle.png

you can add the following code to your widget.xml or other custom widgets file:

<Plugin Name="Signal" Class="Spb.LSP.Operator" Skin="qa_operator" DoubleSkin="va_operator" MiddleSkin="ma_operator" BoldFont="n">
<DefaultFont Face="Tahoma" HeightPxl="8" Bold="y" Color="FFFFFF"/>
<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="50" Height="48"/>
</Plugin>

and create the corresponding key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\WidgetList\2\Signal with inside two strings:
Name "(Default)" Value "Signal Level"
Name "Str" Value "Signal:YourXMLWidgetFile"

There are, however two problems:
-This widget is placed ALWAYS on page 0 of your Lifestyle Panel (so if you place it on page 2 you will not be able to see it on that page, but it will appear on page 0) :(
-You cannot change its position in the usual way, but you have to change its coordinates in the xml file (see above red text) :(

The above values for size have been tested on a VGA device but they should work also for other resolutions.

If somebody has further informations to solve the mendioned problem (as well as the way to hide the operator name), please let me know.

Cheers.

Is ther a simple way to do it ?

i will be happy to have just a cab, i don't know modify xml files

thanks

willbread

Jul 24, 2008
i've seen there is a method to hide the start menu bar but it seems to be only a mask.

Is there a solution to really hide this bar and use the place to shows SPB in the entire screen ?

thanks

chriz78

May 27, 2009
i may have fixed the issue with the menubar covering where you could place widgets on the ls screen. just gotta test it out. this should also help with creating custom menus/layers. be back in a bit.

'edit'

yup it works..

i hadn't followed this thread much on the road so i dunno if its been answered. anyway, you guys know that by adjusting the deag rect dimensions on the lockscreen2 file you can have a larger area for widgets but there was always an invisibile wall that would hold you back from placing buttons behind the menubar...

NOT ANYMORE...
all you need to do is add 'Clip="0"' after the layer align value..
>LayerAlign Value="Bottom" Clip="0"/>

in the menubar file.. or what ever layout you need to use as a layer ..

here is a shot of the screens

View attachment 187566

View attachment 187567

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Spb Mobile Shell SKINs - ChangeSkin - Release Update 4.1.3 - (26/May/2009)

This upgrade:
- is compatible with Spb Mobile Shell 3.0.1 beta (1,2,3), RC1
- new widgets: Battery Bar (Vertical and Horizontal); Weather icon (Medium / Big); Weather description

Hi've done this upgrade but I can't see any change, I follow the instruction on the txt, everything stays the same (no new widgets) .
Any additonal thing to do?

P.S : I've SBP shell 3.0.1_Release_Candidate_1__build_6501 and i've upgrade SpbMobileShell3.0-WQVGA-Skins_Release4.1 to 4.1.2 and afterwords to 4.1.3

Last edited:

Bogy54

Jan 14, 2009
If you uninstalled the old version of your Widgets Pro Plus then it should delete the keys in your registry. Those widget names dont exist in the new version so I can only assume your uninstall didnt delete them. You can go into the registry and delete the keys manually or uninstall/reinstall Mobile Shell (if you dont have the final release then maybe its a good time to upgrade).

Its definitely not a problem in my new version.

EDIT: Can anyone else verify if theres a problem with the Change Backlight Panel? Its working perfectly on my phone. To the people who its not working on what phones do you have?
I have the same problem the poster you are responding to here has, I have widgets listed that are not active. What I also have, and the poster here doesn't mention this, he may not have noticed, two listings for Widgets Pro Plus in my add/delete program list. I have tried numerous times to delete them, both on my phone and through Activesync, and they will not uninstall. When I install your last build it attempts to uninstall the previous version, and fails. I get the message that the installation failed, although after several attempts, I now have the backlight panel, etc. I just still have inactive widgets as well. The first time I ran the installation I didn't get the backlight panel, the second time I got the panel, but with nothing on it. The third or fourth time I did a soft reset I finally got a functional panel.

In thinking about it, about the only thing I have not tried that I will tonite is to uninstall MS, see if I can uninstall Widgets Pro Plus while MS is uninstalled, and then reinstall everything. Unless someone has a better suggestion before I have a chance to try it.

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
I know someone uploaded a zip to "thin out" MS for version 2 if you run iFonz/TF3D but want the menus from MS without the memory consumption of the now screen, is there something like that for version 3?

Cascade2

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks for this! I think it's the right track, although my first attempt didn't change anything. Hmmm. I'm using 320x320 which uses the 240x240 xml. I thought maybe the alignment would be all screwed up, but that isn't the problem - it's still using the original icons, so it's not even seeing the new settings. Any clues?

Edit menubar.xml file as following:
Place the bold letters of the two icons replacing yours accordingly:
- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn0" ID="1">
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="224" Width="36" Height="36" />
<String Name="Open" Value=":LAUNCHER" />

- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn1" ID="2">
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="260" Width="36" Height="36" />
<String Name="Open" Value=":FAVORITES" />

Also if you dont have it put the attached qa_menu_tabs.dat file in spb shell folder.
I attach you my menubar.xml file to compare but i have 3 icons in bottom bar.
After download rename the zip to dat and in the other file delete the txt.

Since i have 3 icons in bottom bar i dont know if you will have the icons correctly placed but you can play with the x y values.

theclear

Dec 10, 2006
Fryslan
Hi've done this upgrade but I can't see any change:mad: I follow the instruction on the txt, everything stays the same (no new widgets):( .
Any additonal thing to do?:confused: How do u guys install on spb folder ??:confused: im on windows 7 and htc kaiser, thanks

Cascade2

Mar 8, 2008
Now I have no icons, although pressing the area where they would be works. Getting closer maybe.... I'd still prefer to just swap out the icons with the original file. Maybe I'll mess with the graphics a bit, although I stink at graphics stuff.

Thanks for this! I think it's the right track, although my first attempt didn't change anything. Hmmm. I'm using 320x320 which uses the 240x240 xml. I thought maybe the alignment would be all screwed up, but that isn't the problem - it's still using the original icons, so it's not even seeing the new settings. Any clues?

Bogy54

Jan 14, 2009
Hi've done this upgrade but I can't see any change:mad: I follow the instruction on the txt, everything stays the same (no new widgets):( .
Any additonal thing to do?:confused: How do u guys install on spb folder ??:confused: im on windows 7 and htc kaiser, thanks
Which upgrade are you referring to? There are a number of different upgrades that are part of this thread. You need to be a little more specific. The easiest suggestion for most of them is, have you done a soft reset?

NIKOSXRI

Jan 27, 2009
Athens
Htc icons in bottom bar (screenshots edited in previous post)

Itis working for me (screenshots in previous edited post).
Try to use my menubar.xml file with the three buttons.
Did you paste the menu tabs file inside the shell?
Maybe there is a problem with 320x320.

Send me your menubar.xml file to check it out

Last edited:

imdarkside

Jun 29, 2008
ms skip mods

thanks ms skip for the mods, on htc touch wm6.1 with latest ms3. this thread has moved so fast with three updates to ms3 and the updates to ms skip mods. after the last few posts where they had potential conflicts with ms mods i decided to remove the some of the older ms mods that were still lingering. that crashed my ms system so i removed all the ms mods and then had to remove ms3. a reload of sbms3 and latest ms skip mods and several reboots later all is well. i guess moral of the story is to remove your old mods before loading the revised future mods...

imdarkside

Jun 29, 2008
weather icons

Spb Mobile Shell SKINs - ChangeSkin - Release Update 4.1.3 - (26/May/2009)

This upgrade:
- is compatible with Spb Mobile Shell 3.0.1 beta (1,2,3), RC1
- new widgets: Battery Bar (Vertical and Horizontal); Weather icon (Medium / Big); Weather description

release413.jpg

- new button series: Fashion, GrayStyle, Mac

buttons-fashion.jpg

buttons-graystyle.jpg

buttons-mac.jpg

- new bottom tab images: Dock, Materials, RedSticker, Tecno

- new weather icons: Landscape, Manilla Day , Manilla Night

weather-landscape.jpg

weather-manilladay.jpg

weather-manillanight.jpg

- added the Korean language

Those weather icons looked really cool but dont show up in the latest release. I noticed the link to the other xda thread didn't list those weather icons. Anyone else find Manilla Day and Night weather icons in this?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I have the same problem the poster you are responding to here has, I have widgets listed that are not active. What I also have, and the poster here doesn't mention this, he may not have noticed, two listings for Widgets Pro Plus in my add/delete program list. I have tried numerous times to delete them, both on my phone and through Activesync, and they will not uninstall. When I install your last build it attempts to uninstall the previous version, and fails. I get the message that the installation failed, although after several attempts, I now have the backlight panel, etc. I just still have inactive widgets as well. The first time I ran the installation I didn't get the backlight panel, the second time I got the panel, but with nothing on it. The third or fourth time I did a soft reset I finally got a functional panel.

In thinking about it, about the only thing I have not tried that I will tonite is to uninstall MS, see if I can uninstall Widgets Pro Plus while MS is uninstalled, and then reinstall everything. Unless someone has a better suggestion before I have a chance to try it.
Yeah you really have to remember to uninstall old versions before you try to install a newer version.

I think the best thing you can do if you want everything cleaned up is to Backup your settings through Launcher, Settings, Spb Mobile Shell, menu (bottom right), Backup Settings. Then uninstall Mobile Shell, delete the mobile shell folder on your phone and the mobile shell folder in the registry. When you try to uninstall the pro plus after that it should ask you if you want to delete the entry from the list. You can then reinstall Mobile Shell and the Widgets Pro plus cab (if you want to) and restore your settings to get everything back to normal.

If you dont want to go through all that then just leave it as it as, it wont do any harm :p

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Are there any willing VGA or WVGA testers on that can install a Widget Pro Plust TEST cab for me and tell me if anything is displayed with screenshots?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.