Search This thread

h0tw1r3

Nov 15, 2010
Chicago
github.com
h0tsauce "9"
Latest release: 9.20120817
CyanogenMod 9 + custom kernel + extras + latest fixes

This is a Kang of latest CyanogenMod 9 repo, 100% built from source, with patches applied, and a custom kernel. Patches I include are typically un-merged submissions or features that have been rejected from CM, AOSP and Codeaurora.

The builds I post are my "daily driver". I only post updates when source code changes are beneficial to our platform, add functionality, or fix usability bugs.

Sources

h0tw1r3 Github
Cyanogenmod Github

Changes

Refer to TXT files of related build

Installation

I personally recommend using Team Win Recovery Project instead of Clockwork Recovery Mod for installing ROM's. It integrates very well with Goo Manager.

1. Download latest release from goo.im or use Goo Manager.
2. Reboot into recovery (TWRP preferred.)
3. Format Cache & Clear Dalvik.
4. Flash zip downloaded in step #1. If you're NOT coming from a CM9 based rom or upgrading, you must "Factory Reset" (format data and cache partitions 3x).
6. Install Google Apps downloaded in step #1.
7. Format Cache & Wipe Dalvik, yes... again.
8. Reboot

If things seem to be weird, repeat the steps again.

Problems / Support

I do not provide support through this forum, only release announcements. I am happy to investigate issues but they must be submitted to the github project.

Last edited:

delacrow

Apr 7, 2012
Let's give this a try

OK, moving my initial impressions from second page as it answers some questions. Overall everyone's impressions appear to be great.

Also running now. I loaded it on top of Perfection rom.
Wow, the ICS unlocker has camera and unlock feature and no old-style unlocker in the other half of screen (that's fresh, though this is how it was intended to be).
Getting used to this rom.
First impressions - running smoothly.
Seems like no playstore installed so need to understand how to access playstore (trying the web though download didn't seem to start) to get titanium backup. Also trying to see how to access filesystem.
Edit - just need to load gapps from first post - seems like it's a must, not a nice to have.
Some observations - haptic feedback doesn't work on some buttons which appears random. Also no backlight on the capacitive buttons though they work fine.
Edit - found ability to enable capacitive buttons backlight in Settings -> Advanced->Sensors, though that keeps backlight on whenecer screen is active. And lockscreen customizations are impressive.
Also interestingly I noticed in terminal emulator that SD folder lacks external sd card.
Edit - connected through USB cable. Dalvik works fine, can view files in file browser. Interesting. internal sdcard is mounted in mnt/emmc while external sdcard is mnt/sdcard. Also windows recognizes to removable drives when the phone is connected but those are not accessible. Again, need to read up on basic CM9 functionality.
Overall very smooth, no FC so far.
I'm looking to see feedback from those who may be familiar with CM9 from using other phones (this is totally new to me).
Another thing (not exactly related but what can make initial setup a lot simpler) that I need to read more about is the way to get apps stored externally as done in Hybrid rom if I'm not mistaken) - that way the apps get ported to whatever rom you install. I need to understand how that works.

And yes, setting DPI to 213 enables tablet UI, as already mentioned. Now I see why capacitive buttons are not backlit. Though in tablet mode the dock disappears. Thinking of trying go launcher but not sure if trebuchet-integrated settings items will work well with that change or will become redundant.

Also as mentioned already the camera preview is messed up though rotating camera helps(fixed now).

You need to download s-note apk as that is not included. Though at this moment apk doesn't install.

Another thing to get used to is the speed indicator (H instead of 4g for instance). Also dsmitty reported that black crush is gone.

Last edited:

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Yup downloading now slowly but surely, will leave feedback in this post after flash

ill keep adding to this as i find things.
works:
both cards mount to pc
sound
camera *you get artifacts on screen but picture is fine in tablet mode*
camcorder 1080p works. *same artifacts as camera in tablet mode*
theme chooser
tablet mode *160dpi*

doesnt work:
havent found anything yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

click HERE for s-pen fix *will remove mouse pointer and improve spen accuracy and responce*

Last edited:

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Yep, I was surprised at the size also. But then again it includes zero bloat and no google apps (which are +50 mb for just gmail, play store and talk).

** FYI: No real S-pen support yet. I was just playing around with the pen... on man is it sensitive. I can pull it about 1/4 inch off the screen and still use it.

i can probably help with that, i can look through my s-pen files from n7000 and compare the 2 *the sensitivity that is*

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Giving this a go

Thnx :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

EDIT AFTER FLASH:

WOW everything is running great!!
No FCs no nothing data/calls/sensors work great

Only thing that is broken but its known already is s-pen
Also camera is glitchy shows wrong/inverted colors but shows up fine in gallery

Instagram might work in different dpi
Still testing

Last edited:

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Srry for sounding like a complete noob but how do I open the torrent file

rayandreas

Oct 11, 2011
bakersfield ca
Srry for sounding like a complete noob but how do I open the torrent file

well, I have utorrent installed and when I downloaded the file I just double clicked on it and now its downloading rom to my computer. hope this helps. if you dont have utorrent, it is free. get it and happy flashing.

Thank you so much for sharing this!

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
flashed, booted and running, i changed build.prop to 160dpi because well nothing beats it, and worked. will give feedback in post #3 once i played with it more.

Last edited:

delacrow

Apr 7, 2012
Also running now. I loaded it on top of Perfection rom.
Wow, the ICS unlocker has camera and unlock feature and no old-style unlocker in the other half of screen (that's fresh, though this is how it was intended to be).
Getting used to this rom.
First impressions - running smoothly.
Seems like no playstore installed so need to understand how to access playstore (trying the web though download didn't seem to start) to get titanium backup. Also trying to see how to access filesystem.
Edit - just need to load gapps from first post - seems like it's a must, not a nice to have.
Some observations - haptic feedback doesn't work on some buttons which appears random. Also no backlight on the capacitive buttons though they work fine.
Edit - found ability to enable capacitive buttons backlight in Settings -> Advanced->Sensors, though that keeps backlight on whenecer screen is active. And lockscreen customizations are impressive.
Also interestingly I noticed in terminal emulator that SD folder lacks external sd card.
Edit - connected through USB cable. Dalvik works fine, can view files in file browser. Interesting. internal sdcard is mounted in mnt/emmc while external sdcard is mnt/sdcard. Also windows recognizes to removable drives when the phone is connected but those are not accessible. Again, need to read up on basic CM9 functionality.
Overall very smooth, no FC so far.
I'm looking to see feedback from those who may be familiar with CM9 from using other phones (this is totally new to me).
Another thing (not exactly related but what can make initial setup a lot simpler) that I need to read more about is the way to get apps stored externally as done in Hybrid rom if I'm not mistaken) - that way the apps get ported to whatever rom you install. I need to understand how that works.

And yes, setting DPI to 213 enables tablet UI, as already mentioned. Now I see why capacitive buttons are not backlit. Though in tablet mode the dock disappears. Thinking of trying go launcher but not sure if trebuchet-integrated settings items will work well with that change or will become redundant.

Also as mentioned already the camera preview is messed up.

Last edited:

MSigler

Apr 29, 2006
Memphis
www.sigsays.com
MD5: 9246d2e111f96fffde7d276674b696c0 for me

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

I'm going to keep seeding the torrent for a while, but I'm glad it's already mirrored.

Reactions: djxcee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    h0tsauce "9"
    Latest release: 9.20120817
    CyanogenMod 9 + custom kernel + extras + latest fixes

This is a Kang of latest CyanogenMod 9 repo, 100% built from source, with patches applied, and a custom kernel. Patches I include are typically un-merged submissions or features that have been rejected from CM, AOSP and Codeaurora.

The builds I post are my "daily driver". I only post updates when source code changes are beneficial to our platform, add functionality, or fix usability bugs.

Sources

h0tw1r3 Github
    Cyanogenmod Github

Changes

Refer to TXT files of related build

Installation

I personally recommend using Team Win Recovery Project instead of Clockwork Recovery Mod for installing ROM's. It integrates very well with Goo Manager.

1. Download latest release from goo.im or use Goo Manager.
    2. Reboot into recovery (TWRP preferred.)
    3. Format Cache & Clear Dalvik.
    4. Flash zip downloaded in step #1. If you're NOT coming from a CM9 based rom or upgrading, you must "Factory Reset" (format data and cache partitions 3x).
    6. Install Google Apps downloaded in step #1.
    7. Format Cache & Wipe Dalvik, yes... again.
    8. Reboot

If things seem to be weird, repeat the steps again.

Problems / Support

I do not provide support through this forum, only release announcements. I am happy to investigate issues but they must be submitted to the github project.
    If you are using this, building this, or whatever, please try to help out and contribute back to the project if you fix something. I've put a LOT of work into getting this going, and so have the other guys on the 8660 team. It's not even merged to CM mainline yet, and we are keeping the repositories open for now. There are still issues but I expect to have most things resolved in the next week or so.

The build in the OP is not indicative of the current state of development, a ton of work is not even committed yet.
    Just an FYI for everyone reporting issues and asking for solutions.
    This is a great big step for our device, but keep in mind this is based off of code for another device with binaries and drivers etc for our device compiled in.
    It is also the very first release, and a damned good one at that.
    You should have seen some official releases of CM7 for other devices in their early stages, much less polished than this.
    So before you start pulling your hair out about why this is flakey or why that isn't working properly and asking for fixes and solutions, remember this little guy is less than a day old and unofficial.
    Understand that this is going to have quirks and bugs and probably not any fixes for most issues today.
    Much respect to h0tw1r3 for sharing this and we all look forward to more good stuff.

thanks and enjoy the ride!
    Uploading release 8 to goo.im now (65%....) Current CM9 ICS branch, UCLF5 (latest leak) kernel & proprietary binaries, and a ton of patches from AOSP, CM9 and CAF. Will update the OP later with patch notes, time for bed.
    Uhhhh, okay... I'll bite: Why is it discontinued? GPL issues?

Recent posts from a senior moderator have prompted me to take a serious look at my responsibility and liability for publicly distributing software based on the GPLv2.

Therefore I have placed discontinuation notices on my development threads and will no longer be providing software releases (binary blobs).

This does not mean I am leaving the development community. I will continue to support other developers on XDA, stay active with my kernel fork on github, and spend more time on collaborating with the cyanogenmod development team.