[Android] Fat Free Froyo [ALL LANG-ODEX] 11/10

Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
so this is what i have been messing with for the past few days since i think not so super froyo has hit a point that im happy with for the moment

my goal with this build is to get rid of as much of the unneeded apps as possible and shrink the system down as small as it can.

things that are removed from the initial install that are in fresh froyo
-HTC_IME
-Gmail, google search, voice search and pretty much every other google app that can now be installed from the market
-as always live wallpapers and launcher 2 are gone
- the how to use android widget
- their are no other wallpapers or galleries installed on this build too their are plenty of the apps on the market for that
- THIS BUILD IS ENGLISH AND SPANISH ONLY!

things that are in it
- a new blue theme i have been working on (some of the .png's are from losteden, vellowax and some other various themes), its pretty close to perfect but their might be a few hiccups still
- ADW is still the launcher of choice and its still in /data for easy removal
- a different themed clock
- zip align on first boot
- astro and rogue tools are both installed in /data
known issues
- ADW still does the could not load widget error like in Not so super

I was going to odex this build but wasnt able to get the ADB driver to work correctly (if somebody does manage to get it Odex'd feel free to post it)

Also this was merely a test to see how light i could get it and it ended up being decently stable, i don't know how much updating i am going to do to it.

RLS2
-car home and car home launcher removed
-music player removed as their are tons of replacements in the market
- now odex'd

New in odex'd RLS3
-street.apk is now removed since maps is also gone
- voicedialer is also gone seeing at the newest version of voice search on the market can voice dial also it seems pointless
- lowered the volume on the camera shutter noise

RLS4
- newer version of fresh froyo (thanks scooter)
- Now using ADW standalone with a myn warm twopointtwo inspired look
- Flutey phone ringtone now include by default
- different wallpaper this time around
- bright blue themed desk clock
- more "sensible" notification drawer

RLS5
-fixed facebook sync
-fixed the graphical issue with the status bar highlights being green instead of blue
-added the blue keyboard from my Galaxy S theme/port (delete key is a little small but the keyboard file size is overall smaller.
-new boot animation that goes better with the theme

ALL-LANG ODEX
-all languages
-doesn't have 1% battery indicators
-sadly some of the theming elements had to take a backseat to space saving
-seems just as stable

screenies
CAP201010251404.jpg
CAP2010102514041.jpg

CAP201010251405.jpg

CAP2010102514042.jpg

DOWNLOAD RLS1 DEODEX
here is an odex'd version of the build, the music player is also removed seeing as there are a ton of free options for that on the market that do it better
also this is untested as far as data and sms, it should work fine ( i did check to make sure there was not a call hang issue)
ODEX DOWNLOAD RLS5
ALL LANG-ODEX

Last edited:

ppelleg2003

Dec 20, 2004
Foggia
Nice battery meter... what's it?
Is it available as update? (Running VaniljEclair... having trouble with Froyo :( )

Have a nice day

nemuro

Apr 2, 2010
On our weak kaisers, we need more roms like this. Barebones and stripped to the maximum.

Please wait while I give it a go :).

Thanks.

pl0ppy

Oct 12, 2010
EPIC WIN Thoughtlesskyle! 100X times better than Not so Super Froyo and OVER 9000 times better than any other Android distro out there. My current droid, not changing it at all for a long time (only updates to this build and odexed build).

Restorer

Dec 14, 2007
Really want to thank you for all the hard work on this and your other builds which I have been trying out.

I've had a lot of trouble with yours and others builds getting mass storage to work consistently - even using the Dual Mount Widget. Finally seem to have hit a good combo though with the latest 2.6.25 (+wifi fix) and your builds.

I'm loving the blue and black plus it's nice to know I'm not pushing the envelope installing some of my other fav apps :D.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
so i just managed to get the build odex'd holy poop its fast is all i have to say

im a little low on bandwith from my free mediafire account so i kind of have to decide what i want to do as far as putting this build up

vellowax

Mar 25, 2010
thank you for all your help btw without you my theme would look very bland (used some of your png's) and also the battery indicator wouldnt be nearly as cool

You are a busy man now...:D

Well, as I said before, feel free to use it, I don't plan to make a new theme at least for now, you mix them better than mine.
I'm now get busy with those java lang and eclipse, I still attempt to fix the camcorder app though I might failed.

This is a very great community, I learn a lot from here.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
You are a busy man now...:D

Well, as I said before, feel free to use it, I don't plan to make a new theme at least for now, you mix them better than mine.
I'm now get busy with those java lang and eclipse, I still attempt to fix the camcorder app though I might failed.

This is a very great community, I learn a lot from here.

how sad is it that i just do this for fun, since my touch isn't active part of me actually enjoys having to do some basic problem solving and i must say i have learned alot about file structure and how android works from doing it, and im really happy i have been so well received by everyone since a few months ago i was the one using everyone else is builds, its nice to give back.

and i'm glad to see that this community is still active even though the faces have changed of people making the builds and doing the dev.

i am also thoroughly surprised at how many new people just show up on here.

pl0ppy

Oct 12, 2010
odexed build now! HAVE TO DOWNLOAD :D! You just managed to knock myn and incubus off my favourite android dev list! U are on top man, keep going! I'm just going to use 3, that nice music app replacement and it's perfect!

yatzee

Apr 2, 2010
sir i have a problem i try this version when i installed it then quit my phone is still in boot mode and it says mounting /data/sysfiles/ su on / system/xbin/sun faiel no such file or directory
need help sir here

in the below it says

ANDROID unable to open persistent directory /data/property error 2

what is the problem with this? thanks for the help

tom13mcpherson

Nov 6, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Blue

I love the blue theme in some of the icons - actually a bit easier to read for me than the green.

Nice and quick

Trouble is I don't use market so all the apps I want have to be installed using my alternative method - but it's nice to have the control ...

onyl

Jul 20, 2008
Very nice job, I like it, but how can I add french language ?

Last edited:

Assface

Oct 30, 2007
Kernel recommendations?

Which kernel is recommended for this build on Kaiser?
URL would be nice.

I've tried running some different builds with zImage-2.6.32-froyo-09-10-10_23 from (http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/) and the new haret-for-kernel-2-6-32, but that gives really crappy performance for me.

Takes ages for haret to switch from frozen state to android boot + long boot time and FCs.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
odexed build now! HAVE TO DOWNLOAD :D! You just managed to knock myn and incubus off my favourite android dev list! U are on top man, keep going! I'm just going to use 3, that nice music app replacement and it's perfect!

thank you for the kind words but i still stand firm on my statement that i am not a dev i'm a guy who can use 7zip and read. also being patient helps too.

but yea it seems to be really stable so far i am happy i finally got it to odex

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Could you explain (or reference) how you did the odexing.

alright here is the thread with the odexing info i used
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=694597

my biggest problem (and still is) i could never get my vogue to read correctly with my windows 7 computer, so how i worked around it was

1. first i moved all of the apps into /system so /data was empty
2. then using 7zip i edited the tar so that the odex script was in the same place that the adb push would have located it (e.g. /data/odex/odex.sh)
3. then i added a terminal editor into the build (i just grabbed the one from CM6)
4. i booted up the phone then opened terminal emulator
5. in the emulator i typed the following
su (the superuser box will pop up i hit allow, this caused the program not to work right after the SU so i backed out and when back into it) then i typed
su
# sh /data/odex/odex.sh

6 once i did that the script started odexing the files
7 upon completion the phone needed to be restarted
8 then using astro i pressed up till i could get to the system folder
9 i then copy and pasted this to the sd card
10 i then put the sd card into my computer and used 7zip to replace the system i was using with the newly odex'd system
11 since not everything was in the system folder i copied i used 7zip to merge the missing files this was the ect folder and the media folder
12 i then deleted the files i moved into /system from data (adw,roguetools,and astro) and put the /data folder back into the .tar
13 then booted it up on my phone for a test run

i am pretty sure thats about everything i did to odex it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so this is what i have been messing with for the past few days since i think not so super froyo has hit a point that im happy with for the moment

my goal with this build is to get rid of as much of the unneeded apps as possible and shrink the system down as small as it can.

things that are removed from the initial install that are in fresh froyo
    -HTC_IME
    -Gmail, google search, voice search and pretty much every other google app that can now be installed from the market
    -as always live wallpapers and launcher 2 are gone
    - the how to use android widget
    - their are no other wallpapers or galleries installed on this build too their are plenty of the apps on the market for that
    - THIS BUILD IS ENGLISH AND SPANISH ONLY!

things that are in it
    - a new blue theme i have been working on (some of the .png's are from losteden, vellowax and some other various themes), its pretty close to perfect but their might be a few hiccups still
    - ADW is still the launcher of choice and its still in /data for easy removal
    - a different themed clock
    - zip align on first boot
    - astro and rogue tools are both installed in /data
    known issues
    - ADW still does the could not load widget error like in Not so super

I was going to odex this build but wasnt able to get the ADB driver to work correctly (if somebody does manage to get it Odex'd feel free to post it)

Also this was merely a test to see how light i could get it and it ended up being decently stable, i don't know how much updating i am going to do to it.

RLS2
    -car home and car home launcher removed
    -music player removed as their are tons of replacements in the market
    - now odex'd

New in odex'd RLS3
    -street.apk is now removed since maps is also gone
    - voicedialer is also gone seeing at the newest version of voice search on the market can voice dial also it seems pointless
    - lowered the volume on the camera shutter noise

RLS4
    - newer version of fresh froyo (thanks scooter)
    - Now using ADW standalone with a myn warm twopointtwo inspired look
    - Flutey phone ringtone now include by default
    - different wallpaper this time around
    - bright blue themed desk clock
    - more "sensible" notification drawer

RLS5
    -fixed facebook sync
    -fixed the graphical issue with the status bar highlights being green instead of blue
    -added the blue keyboard from my Galaxy S theme/port (delete key is a little small but the keyboard file size is overall smaller.
    -new boot animation that goes better with the theme

ALL-LANG ODEX
    -all languages
    -doesn't have 1% battery indicators
    -sadly some of the theming elements had to take a backseat to space saving
    -seems just as stable

screenies
    CAP201010251404.jpg
    CAP2010102514041.jpg

CAP201010251405.jpg

CAP2010102514042.jpg

DOWNLOAD RLS1 DEODEX
    here is an odex'd version of the build, the music player is also removed seeing as there are a ton of free options for that on the market that do it better
    also this is untested as far as data and sms, it should work fine ( i did check to make sure there was not a call hang issue)
    ODEX DOWNLOAD RLS5
    ALL LANG-ODEX
    very fast, everything works perfectly

but I have one problem.
    In android, the battery shows 100%, but when I go back to WM, it shows 84%
    The percentage of battery shown in android is wrong, is there a way to fix this?
    because in that case I am not able to fully charge the battery...

thx!

Windows and Android use different ways of recording battery level. For best results, pull the battery out when transitioning from Android to Windows. Going the other way, from Windows to Android, you can enable a conversion factor in your default.txt file by using atools. When the Haret conversion factor is enabled, the default value works for me, but your mileage may vary.
    Bigboss,

1) Navigation does work with our GPS. I've used it several times very successfully. Of course, it needs a GPS lock to navigate properly. This can take a little bit of time, but I find that in an open space, where you don't move, it takes less than 5 minutes.

2) This is true for all android releases, and from what I know, it has to do with vsync and the display drivers. Although the white screen appears, it goes away quickly to the "glitch" you mentioned, and then the lock screen. Don't keep pressing the power button as that will just sleep the phone again. Wait a few seconds, and the lock screen will show up. If it doesn't, then try pressing the power button twice to lock and unlock again. This usually works for me.

3) The light going on and off probably has to do with your hand position. I have a tilt, and on mine, the light sensor is on the top left of the keyboard (a little dot that looks like a reset button, honestly). If you cover this, the phone thinks you are in the dark and will illuminate the keyboard. It has to be pretty dark for it to illuminate, so that's probably why it seems random.

Regarding the mismapped keys, the different kaiser versions have different keymaps. Use the NBH editor (if you have a nand install) atools to change the keymap to your kaiser's version. If you use a haret install, I remeber that you have to modify defaults.txt or something, but I'm not sure. It's been months since I did a haret install.

4) Unsure about this one. Does anyone else know?

ramLlama
    2) I find that the lock screen works perfectly, even when the display is white/corrupt. So you can save a second or three by just swiping the lock off instead of waiting
    Rls 5 is not the all language one download that and install it
    hello guys
    first the rom is very very good.all is ok.Only a problem i ve installed the all languages version but i ve only english e spanish..i dont know why..anyone can help me?

spl 3.56
    android rom FAT FREE FROYO RLS5 ODEX
    kernel 2.6.25

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App