[MOD] MTM Gingerbread Keyboard - Haptic Feedback Working [v2.2 01/27/2011]

Search This thread

camalot

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2007
Hickory Hills IL
de.codeplex.com
Ok, BIG change starting with 2.x. I am now running a froyo (jk6) build so I will be doing more work with froyo based keyboards instead of the eclair based ones. I will not have any way to test the eclair builds any longer so if someone wants to take them over, send me a message and I will give you the sources (including build scripts).

With 2.x I have started to use the gingerbread keyboard that has been floating around. 1.x builds will continue to be eclair based.

NOTE: Currently the 2.x builds WILL replace your stock keyboard. In order for the auto-complete, I had to revert to using the stock package name. You cannot have more then one of these keyboards installed at a time. I will change this as soon as I find a solution.

I'm absolutely not responsible for anything that happens to your phone from installing this.

Change Log
v2.2.127

• now replaces "GingerbreadKeyboard.apk"
  • settings should be fixed...
  • minor tweaks
  • blackout versions now in their own thread. (thanks to creator2456 for the work on those)
v2.2.116
  • removed the smiley from the "normal" mode.

v2.2
  • Haptic Feedback works
  • fixed popup punctuation outputing the wrong character
  • fixed a ui issue with wp7
  • changed the green popups in wp7 to a blue

v2.1
  • added smileys to normal mode next to the return key
  • added domains to the "/" popup in web mode and added them to the "@" popup in email mode
  • fixed the settings button again (have to remember to check-in the code :p)
  • moved the "," to the default spot in the punctuation popup.

v2.0 (froyo +)
  • first gingerbread based build for froyo based on Fabolous v2 with auto-correct fix.
  • it is basically stock with some tweaks.
  • added smiley images to popup
  • changes "orange" to the samsungish blue.
  • changed the punctuation popup to contain more items
  • added the "shift" char to the numbers (!@#$%^&*())
  • tweaked the "blue" glow
  • auto-complete now working
  • suggestion colors are now touchwiz like colors
  • fixed issue with bringing up settings from the keyboard button
  • fixed the popup for "P" so they all fit.
  • added additional hint key info for top row.
For Eclair (2.1) based builds, see my second post (post #3)

Stock Blue

Blackout Versions by creator2456 - Thread
For better visibility, the blackout versions now have their own thread.

Stock Green by creator2456 - #post
Stock_Green_3.png
Stock_Green_2.png
Stock_Green_1.png

Stock Orange by the3dman - #post
attachment.php

WP7

To install the 2.x versions, install package with CWM.

Note: This are English Only. The other languages have been removed. This gets the size WAY smaller, plus I don't speak anything else so I couldn't edit them if I wanted to.

thanks to creator2456, s0niqu3 and Fabolous

Attachments

• signed-ime-mtm-blue-gingerbread-v2.2.127.zip
    654 KB · Views: 2,669
  • signed-ime-mtm-wp7-gingerbread-v2.2.127.zip
    638 KB · Views: 2,196
Last edited:

camalot

Jul 25, 2007
Hickory Hills IL
de.codeplex.com
This is the "new" home for the 1.x line (eclair based builds)

Change Log
v1.7
  • new voice level indicators from gingerbread
  • added flashable packages - use CWM - you can install the apk, just pull it out of the zip.
v1.6
  • some more ui tweaks
  • added wp7

Pear Phone

Blackout

WP7

Note: This are English Only. The other languages have been removed. This gets the size WAY smaller, plus I don't speak anything else so I couldn't edit them if I wanted to.

Attachments

• signed-ime-mtm-dark-v1.7.49.zip
    659.7 KB · Views: 296
  • signed-ime-mtm-iphone-v1.7.19.zip
    660.9 KB · Views: 504
  • signed-ime-mtm-wp7-v1.7.40.zip
    628.9 KB · Views: 454
  • signed-ime-mtm-blackout-v1.7.44.zip
    626.6 KB · Views: 305
  • signed-ime-mtm-light-v1.7.20.zip
    652.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

camalot

Jul 25, 2007
Hickory Hills IL
de.codeplex.com
I think ApkManager, or something when i compile, is converting anything with an '&' to '&' so '& becomes '&amp;' and '<' becomes '&lt;'.

Anyone have any thoughts on a way around this?

cpittman

Jul 2, 2010
Denver
any clue why i get constant fc with the multi touch keyboard? i'm running obsidian v3 w/ stock kernel. i've tried removing all keyboards and still a no go. i have the stock android keyboard, htc_ime mod, samsung keyboard, and swype installed at the moment.

camalot

Jul 25, 2007
Hickory Hills IL
de.codeplex.com
any clue why i get constant fc with the multi touch keyboard? i'm running obsidian v3 w/ stock kernel. i've tried removing all keyboards and still a no go. i have the stock android keyboard, htc_ime mod, samsung keyboard, and swype installed at the moment.

Sorry, I have no idea why you'd be getting FCs. I am basically running stock JI6 with a couple mods like lock screens. I also have the same list of keyboards installed and have not had 1 fc with multi-touch

camalot

Jul 25, 2007
Hickory Hills IL
de.codeplex.com
Any one interested in this keyboard looking almost exactly like the samsung default keyboard? I have started converting it. still have some work to do on it but here it is.

device4.png

I'll post both versions once this is done. still need to do landscape and the "popup"

thegreatcity

Jul 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, I have no idea why you'd be getting FCs. I am basically running stock JI6 with a couple mods like lock screens. I also have the same list of keyboards installed and have not had 1 fc with multi-touch

Must be Froyo. I can confirm the FC loop while running AOSPish 1.1.

EDIT: Yeah that color scheme looks nice, haven't had a chance to try the keyboard yet, but the bright color scheme is the only thing I dont like.

d1mz

Jul 14, 2010
Awsome mod. The first "usable" droidx port since eugene's r10. One bug/imperfection i found was when entering a url in portrait mode the ".com" looks abnormal. Also slightly different in landscape. thanks!!

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Would it be possible to get you to port to Froyo I really want this keyboard back but don't wanna use Eugene's macnut rom currently using AOSP 1.1jk2 and it just FCs over and over again

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

camalot

Jul 25, 2007
Hickory Hills IL
de.codeplex.com
Would it be possible to get you to port to Froyo I really want this keyboard back but don't wanna use Eugene's macnut rom currently using AOSP 1.1jk2 and it just FCs over and over again

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

I do not have a froyo rom. I am running a pretty basic TouchWiz with some of the components removed. Plus I don't have any idea what does't work in it in froyo. all i basically did was change the font size and some images. i didnt edit any of the actual code.

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
Awesome, ive been waiting for some body to get this to work for a while, thanks!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

s0niqu3

Feb 23, 2005
I do not have a froyo rom. I am running a pretty basic TouchWiz with some of the components removed. Plus I don't have any idea what does't work in it in froyo. all i basically did was change the font size and some images. i didnt edit any of the actual code.

Ok,

Enough people asked about this for froyo, so I decompiled camalot's mod, and figured out how he increased the keysize (simple and elegant btw, grats on the find, I dug through smali files for weeks trying to change the keysize to no avail, lol.)

Anyway, here's his black/samsung skinned version for froyo, consider it a parting gift before I take a break from XDA for a while.

Please note, this zip will delete the stock/aosp keyboard (/system/app/LatinIME.apk) since on froyo it shares the same internal app name with the droidx keyboard. And also, I'm absolutely not responsible for anything that happens to your phone from installing this.

Download and flash with clockwork, cheers everyone, =)

Attachments

• dx_keyboard_black_froyo.zip
    956.1 KB · Views: 265

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, BIG change starting with 2.x. I am now running a froyo (jk6) build so I will be doing more work with froyo based keyboards instead of the eclair based ones. I will not have any way to test the eclair builds any longer so if someone wants to take them over, send me a message and I will give you the sources (including build scripts).

With 2.x I have started to use the gingerbread keyboard that has been floating around. 1.x builds will continue to be eclair based.

NOTE: Currently the 2.x builds WILL replace your stock keyboard. In order for the auto-complete, I had to revert to using the stock package name. You cannot have more then one of these keyboards installed at a time. I will change this as soon as I find a solution.

I'm absolutely not responsible for anything that happens to your phone from installing this.

Change Log
    v2.2.127

• now replaces "GingerbreadKeyboard.apk"
    • settings should be fixed...
    • minor tweaks
    • blackout versions now in their own thread. (thanks to creator2456 for the work on those)
    v2.2.116
    • removed the smiley from the "normal" mode.

v2.2
    • Haptic Feedback works
    • fixed a ui issue with wp7
    • changed the green popups in wp7 to a blue

v2.1
    • added smileys to normal mode next to the return key
    • added domains to the "/" popup in web mode and added them to the "@" popup in email mode
    • fixed the settings button again (have to remember to check-in the code :p)
    • moved the "," to the default spot in the punctuation popup.

v2.0 (froyo +)
    • first gingerbread based build for froyo based on Fabolous v2 with auto-correct fix.
    • it is basically stock with some tweaks.
    • added smiley images to popup
    • changes "orange" to the samsungish blue.
    • changed the punctuation popup to contain more items
    • added the "shift" char to the numbers (!@#$%^&*())
    • tweaked the "blue" glow
    • auto-complete now working
    • suggestion colors are now touchwiz like colors
    • fixed issue with bringing up settings from the keyboard button
    • fixed the popup for "P" so they all fit.
    • added additional hint key info for top row.
    For Eclair (2.1) based builds, see my second post (post #3)

Stock Blue

Blackout Versions by creator2456 - Thread
    For better visibility, the blackout versions now have their own thread.

Stock Green by creator2456 - #post
    Stock_Green_3.png
    Stock_Green_2.png
    Stock_Green_1.png

Stock Orange by the3dman - #post
    attachment.php

WP7

To install the 2.x versions, install package with CWM.

thanks to creator2456, s0niqu3 and Fabolous
    Gingerbread Stock w/Green highlights

This is the only version of this keyboard that seems complete. However the only thing that's keeping me from it is a stock orange theme, or at least stock with green accents. Not a fan of the blackout themes on any keyboard.

I guess I could put together a stock w/ orange and one with green. Not sure when I will get them done though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Well, here we are. The stock Gingerbread keyboard with green highlights. Enjoy.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dadomna5jnyhguv

Screenshots
    Stock_Green_3.png
    Stock_Green_2.png
    Stock_Green_1.png
    This is the "new" home for the 1.x line (eclair based builds)

Change Log
    v1.7
    • new voice level indicators from gingerbread
    • added flashable packages - use CWM - you can install the apk, just pull it out of the zip.
    v1.6
    • some more ui tweaks
    • added wp7

Pear Phone

Blackout

WP7

Here are links to my updated keyboards.

Please consider donating. !~click me~!

What is fixed:
    - fixed issue with @ and / popups not showing URL address completions
    - made .com default selection in @ and / popups
    - 7, 8, 9, 0 popups now default to numbers instead of symbol

Blackout

Blue - http://www.mediafire.com/?ig06qj0rs1n6grn

Green - http://www.mediafire.com/?6yihfcf2sii336q

Orange - http://www.mediafire.com/?ym5qdstas7nomt8

Pink - http://www.mediafire.com/?kt6goxlivq22qhc

Red - http://www.mediafire.com/?xtc5u4dsu5vwm7v

Yellow - http://www.mediafire.com/?o30l7iwp0r24i37

Stock

Green - http://www.mediafire.com/?kq4usrqdbiupa72

Red - http://www.mediafire.com/?44814nh54q7835p
    New DL

First of all, big thanks to Camalot, s0niqu3, and Fabolous for making this possible.

This mod takes Camalot's Blackout (modded from my original Blackout) Gingerbread keyboard and adds some Nero green highlights. It has Fabolous's autocorrect fix and Jocelyn's flashable zip package.

Dec. 14 Update
    • Haptic Feedback works :eek:

Some people said there was issues with the MOD not taking, so a new DL is being provided. No changes have been made beyond resigning the apk file. If the Keyboard works for you, no need to reflash.
    Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1pew5p7wn6031rz

s0niqu3 said:
    Flash with clockwork recovery, please note that this will overwrite any existing LatinIME.apk (default android AOSP keyboard) so if you use one of the older droid x mods that use the same internal package name, you need to manually delete the apk file from /system/app, look for something like dxkeyboard.apk or multitouchkb.apk

And I believe this only works on froyo builds, and you need to have the newest voice search installed for it to work.

Cheers everyone, =)

Screenshots
    Blackout_Green_2-1.png
    Blackout_Green_1-1.png
    <--emoticons & return key

Blackout_Green_4-1.png
    Blackout_Green_3-1.png