[APP][2.2+] DriveDroid - host ISO/IMG files to boot your PC from

Search This thread

tristonpink

Oct 30, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 7 Pro
Device : poco f1
Kernel : 4.9.112-perf-g55077446

What should i do to run drivedroid in poco f1, as I'm rooted shall i have to install any custom kernel or shall i have to install custom ROM which supports drivedroid for poco f1, please answer, i bought paid version but not working.
yes,you have to install a kernel that support drivedroid, actually a small modification of the file f_mass_storage.c

tristonpink

Oct 30, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 7 Pro
I don't know modding stuff, if developer release a patch for poco f1 , I'll be very thankful, please help me, i love this app very much.

As we know that the oneplus series support drivedroid very well, you may ask the developers of pocophone kernel to merge the "f_mass_storage.c" file of oneplus 6t kernel and the one of pocophone kernel. The file path is "/drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_mass_storage.c". Do remember to add "#define READ_CD 0xbe "at
the "#defines". FYI :the link of oneplus6 file https://github.com/0ctobot/neutrino.../drivers/usb/gadget/function/f_mass_storage.c

Reactions: pocketrule

sandroj

Aug 8, 2014
Roha
Moto G
Teclast X98 Air 3G
this app saved my ass so many times its incredible! (i am it guy, and also the one who forgets to take usb-s with him)
i installed numerous linux and win pc-s with this and it works flawlessly still after all these years.. a true life saver and one of the most usefull apps ever
I've also installed Ubuntu Linux manyatimes with this wonderful app. But always failed to install Windows, it asks for drivers at the start of installation. Probably the installer looks for USB CD-ROM driver. Do you know how to obtain it?

Sent from my X98 Air 3G using Tapatalk

Reactions: selfishjelly

evilvoice

May 4, 2008
Conyers GA
I've also installed Ubuntu Linux manyatimes with this wonderful app. But always failed to install Windows, it asks for drivers at the start of installation. Probably the installer looks for USB CD-ROM driver. Do you know how to obtain it?

What windows are you trying to install? Sounds like XP. Follow an easy2boot tutorial for creating a USB drive and then just copy that to an image file in drivedroid. I created a blank image in terminal and then used drivedroid to mount it and then I could write what I wanted to it like a USB stick

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cursedmale

Mar 16, 2019
LG Nexus 5X
Nexus 5x

Hi, I am running Nethunter on a Nexus 5x with Nougat and the Kali kernal 3.10.73 and have not been able to host USB or CD. I'm not sure where to go or look for a solution. Does anyone else have drivedroid working on a similar Nexus 5x?

Jack@47

Jul 1, 2019
Sorry for my bad english
Hi please can anybody confirm that usb or cd drives are able to show up in windows 10 64 bit latest update, when any os is mounted from drivedroid some error message is coming while mounting with usb or cdrom on windows 10 not showing any mounted drives. But while booting it's working, not all distros are working, only slacko, porteous Linux are tested with successful boot up.

sandroj

Aug 8, 2014
Roha
Moto G
Teclast X98 Air 3G
Sorry for my bad english

Hi please can anybody confirm that usb or cd drives are able to show up in windows 10 64 bit latest update, when any os is mounted from drivedroid some error message is coming while mounting with usb or cdrom on windows 10 not showing any mounted drives. But while booting it's working, not all distros are working, only slacko, porteous Linux are tested with successful boot up.
I am able to mount in Windows 10. But cannot install Windows using iso image. It asks for some usb drivers.

Jack@47

Jul 1, 2019
After much experimenting I've noticed that size less than 500mb Linux iso files are working fine but more than 1gb files are able to boot but stuck at error reading Squashfs file not able to boot completely, also mounted iso files with drivedroid not creating any usb or cdrom drives in windows 10.

Device poco f1
Intel Pc: windows 10

maicon1998

Jul 22, 2019
sd

need help , i can download or create blank image when i change directory to my sd card , get warning can not find file or location i am rooted on

juniorjpdj

May 24, 2012
After much experimenting I've noticed that size less than 500mb Linux iso files are working fine but more than 1gb files are able to boot but stuck at error reading Squashfs file not able to boot completely, also mounted iso files with drivedroid not creating any usb or cdrom drives in windows 10.

Device poco f1
Intel Pc: windows 10

Are you using CD emulation? If yes choose the second option - pendrive.

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Very useful app, congrats. Installed on AospExtended, Nexus 5. Worked nicely today performing an install on my mum's laptop.

Noticed a couple of things:
- A few mirrors didn't seem to be updated (Fedora and Linux Mint)
- Setup routine worked pretty much flawlessly.

Also, uh, is it possible to add Alpine Linux images there? Anyways, thanks again.

nazaninwild

Apr 19, 2018
Iran, Tehran
Hi! Thanks for this Super-Project.
My Device only shows CD-ROM on PC, and there isn't USB Mount Option. My ISO just supports USB Installation.
Can you please give me a patch for kernel
for fixing this issue? I'm using Snapdragon 425 (Samsung Galaxy J4+).
The Patch you posted in thread is for CD-ROM but I need USB one. :)

Zhero600

May 12, 2015
Im using a Mi 9 se, and only the CD option shows a device in Windows, but when im trying to boot, in the instalation asks for drivers. Im my previous phone, A2 lite, worked flawlesly (only usb mode)

NewDayRising

May 12, 2016
Simple Kernel 1.4 – released 6 hours ago – has DriveDroid support and I was able to boot into Kali on a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s. Need further testing, but last week when I started testing DriveDroid, it failed to boot.

bakayar0

Aug 29, 2019
Hello good people! I am using samsung a310f and I just can't make it work. InstaWizard tells me I'm fine and my pc even booted with drivedroid demo but when I try to create an image, it appears as cd-rom and I can't do anything with it. Can anyone help, please? (OS A 7.0, A310FXXU3CQL1, core version 3.10.61 - 12219145). if you need any other info i'll send it asap. Thanks in advance

alexfocus

Mar 3, 2011
Moscow
Hello. EMUI5 P9Plus does not have DriveDroid support in the kernel, but in EMUI4 everything worked very well. Please tell me what needs to be fixed so that there is support for DriveDroid? The source code for the HUAWEI VIE (P9Plus) kernel for EMUI 4 and 5 I have.

Attachments

• EMUI4.1_VIE_gadget.zip
    834.4 KB · Views: 28
  • EMUI5_VIE_gadget.zip
    968.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts