P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the Official LineageOS 17.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus, codename lake.

Information:

Installation

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G7 Plus

Contributors
Jleeblanch
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 10 (Q) Stock Firmware

Version Information
Nightly

Created 2020-04-03
Last Updated 2020-04-03

Last edited:

bamless

Jan 23, 2017
Rome
The installation instructions don't seem to work for my device. I tried the installation 2 times and both times my GPT got wrecked and I needed to reflash the stock ROM. Can someone who installed the ROM please tell me the steps they've taken so I can try to understand what I did wrong?
I'm on a Moto G7 Plus reteu BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiki Thorsen

chincheta0815

Apr 4, 2020
The installation instructions don't seem to work for my device. I tried the installation 2 times and both times my GPT got wrecked and I needed to reflash the stock ROM. Can someone who installed the ROM please tell me the steps they've taken so I can try to understand what I did wrong?

I got stuck also installing lineageos 17.1 on the same device following the steps mentioned in the installation instructions. I came from stock.

The changes that helped:
1. I used copy-partiotions-AB.zip.
2. I did not flash the lineage-recovery, but TWRP for the LineageOS images.
3. I installed GApps Pico. Others would not let me login to Google Services.

For me it seems that there is an issue with the lineage recovery: I flashed lineageos 20200402 and then updated to 20200403 via the built in updater. After the reboot the device was bricked and I had to reflash. This brick was also caused using the lineage recovery in step 2 mentioned above. If there is an issue with using copy-partitions-AB.zip instead of copy-partitions.zip, I cannot tell. I peeked into Jleeblanch's Unofficial Lineage 16 thread thinking there should not be that much of a difference.

Any comments on how to make lineage OTA updates work would help me. Is there a bug in lineageos right now or am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: bamless

chincheta0815

Apr 4, 2020
For me it seems that there is an issue with the lineage recovery: I flashed lineageos 20200402 and then updated to 20200403 via the built in updater. After the reboot the device was bricked and I had to reflash. This brick was also caused using the lineage recovery in step 2 mentioned above. If there is an issue with using copy-partitions-AB.zip instead of copy-partitions.zip, I cannot tell. I peeked into Jleeblanch's Unofficial Lineage 16 thread thinking there should not be that much of a difference.
I have to add & correct to myself:
- installing was only possible when I used twrp until lineageos was flashed.
- copy-partitions.zip as mentioned in the lake install instructions did work, but flashing GApps (not matter which) did result in a black screen while going through the wizard, using copy-partitions-AB.zip work well.

gerchla

Nov 27, 2019
First of all: Thanks a lot for all the effort in making this ROM!

My questions would be:
- does the ROM include some own recovery? I if flash TWRP, then do a sideload of Lineageos, I get into some Lineageos-recovery when rebooting recovery.
- how does rooting the phone work? simply flashing/sideloading latest magisk after flashing Lineageos?

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6

Any build after the 20200405 (so 20200406+) won't have this issue. I apologize for not catching this sooner. With TWRP working as good as it does on this device, I never paid much attention to Lineage Recovery.

I got stuck also installing lineageos 17.1 on the same device following the steps mentioned in the installation instructions. I came from stock.

The changes that helped:
1. I used copy-partiotions-AB.zip.
2. I did not flash the lineage-recovery, but TWRP for the LineageOS images.
3. I installed GApps Pico. Others would not let me login to Google Services.

Any comments on how to make lineage OTA updates work would help me. Is there a bug in lineageos right now or am I doing something wrong?

Nope, you weren't doing anything wrong. Read my reply above. Any build from April 6th on shouldn't have any issues. I spent the last couple days figuring this out lol

My guess would be no, same probably goes for voice match which has never worked for me on custom Android 10 roms on other devices.

Voice match should work as long as GApps is installed. However, if you're referring to hotword detection when the screen is off, then no. It's currently not fully implemented but I have had it working on Lake during our initial Lineage 17.1 bring up but unfortunately it didn't work on all sdm660 devices at the time. I'll work on decommonizing sound trigger in the near future, so stay tuned.

First of all: Thanks a lot for all the effort in making this ROM!

My questions would be:
- does the ROM include some own recovery? I if flash TWRP, then do a sideload of Lineageos, I get into some Lineageos-recovery when rebooting recovery.
- how does rooting the phone work? simply flashing/sideloading latest magisk after flashing Lineageos?

Yes, Lineage Recovery is included by default (as well as on the official downloads page). The reason you're seeing it after you've flashed twrp to boot and then flashed the lineageos zip is because this device doesn't have an actual recovery partition. The recovery is part of the boot.img, so once you flash lineage, you're essentially overwriting twrp. To keep twrp permanently, you would also need to sideload the twrp-intaller zip from the Official twrp (I recently updated the official thread with newer unofficial version until new official versions are built) AFTER you've installed LineageOS.

If you also want to install GApps and root (Magisk), then reboot recovery and sideload them before rebooting to Lineage.

SirR

Dec 18, 2006
The new Roms works very well, thank you A LOT for that!

Tried an automatic update yesterday (from system setup menu) and had a short moment of panic: device did not boot anymore. I could save the situation by rewriting GPT and bootloader from the Stock image (10.0), but it was a close call!

The GPT delivered had quite different partition names / tables.

Why replacing bootloader and gpt? afaik if you start installation from scratch using twrp the partition names etc. do not change.

Will keep using twrp (sideloading it) for updates in the future.

chincheta0815

Apr 4, 2020
Nope, you weren't doing anything wrong. Read my reply above. Any build from April 6th on shouldn't have any issues. I spent the last couple days figuring this out lol
Well, for me it did not took days, but turned me mad the same way I think ;o)

Just a quick quick question:
Will I just have to reflash the respective build you mention or will a simple OTA update do the same?
And very important: Will an OTA update run through and not hang in the bootloader, which was an issue also. (Stucked in a scrambled bootloader causing a stock reflash...)

Thanks a lot!

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Well, for me it did not took days, but turned me mad the same way I think ;o)

Just a quick quick question:
Will I just have to reflash the respective build you mention or will a simple OTA update do the same?
And very important: Will an OTA update run through and not hang in the bootloader, which was an issue also. (Stucked in a scrambled bootloader causing a stock reflash...)

Thanks a lot!
Starting with the next nightly (20200406) you'll be able to OTA update without any issues. Just flash the next build that gets released in twrp and after that you'll be fine. The builds don't flash the bootloader, but bootctrl and gpt-utils do as they are past of what makes the magic of "seamless updates" work, which is why previous builds were wrecking the gpt table.
Check > Settings > System > Advanced > Moto Gestures

Also, fingerprint swipe for notifications is include (disabled by default) and also found in the same place as stock (> Settings > System > Gestures)

infected36

May 10, 2017
Can I flash this over an older build of 17.1? I have the March 14th one installed and it can't find the OTA update, so I'm wondering if I can just flash this new one over it, then flash twrp and magisk without losing anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the Official LineageOS 17.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus, codename lake.

Information:

Installation

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G7 Plus

Contributors
    Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 10 (Q) Stock Firmware

Version Information
    Nightly

Created 2020-04-03
    Last Updated 2020-04-03
    The builds have reappeared with the latest builds from 2021-01-05 (y). Are these issues fixed yet?

The new build appears to only have half of the fix. However, those of you who were on my test build should be able to jump to the official build without issue. Those of you on stock, may wanna hold off one more week 👍
    FYI, today's build should be good for everyone in any situation 😉
    For now guys, just use TWRP to install, same as all the unofficial versions. You can use the info from my LineageOS 16.0 thread to install using TWRP. I've updated TWRP to work with Lineage 17.1 (meaning working decryption) which you can find links for in the OP of my TWRP thread.

I would also hold off on updating thru the Updater until that build gets released, as you may wreck your partition table (and btw, you don't need a blankflash to fix. Just flash gpt.bin and the bootloader.img using fastboot, then flash the full stock firmware to recover).

Apparently the 20200406 build was already in the pipeline to be built, so my gpt-utils changes didn't make it into that build, but will most definitely be in the 20200407+ builds and then the Wiki instructions will be fine to use again if you so choose.

I will update the 2nd post as as I can with proper TWRP installation info (an alternative method to install) as well as how to maintain TWRP and Magisk when updating via OTA's.
    FYI, today's build should be good for everyone in any situation 😉

I can confirm that the 2021-01-12 build fixes all the issues with my Moto G7 Plus (XT1965-T). No reboots when removing a USB cables. Phone calls work fine with a SIM card installed.

FWIW, I did a factory reset as part of the install, so would recommend that as well.