[RESOLVED] [Q] [REQ] Strikethrough?

Does this forum need strikethrough feature?

• Definitely! It makes our work much easier.

Votes: 44 91.7%
  • I wouldn't use myself it but it makes sense.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Not really, waste of time and nobody will use it.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • NO. Massive security risk and prone to abuse!

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Resolved - Already implemented. Lock/ignore this thread :)

Any chance we could get a strikethrough feature in the forums here? The use is obvious but I will give an example anyway. I report a bug, that bug was added to a buglist in the original post but the software in regard is still pending a bugfix. Making this strikethrough makes it obvious for other users to ignore it, and editing the post by just deleting the text is a inconsistent in regards to completion and research. [EDIT] In other words, other readers will see that this matter has been reported and is being taken care of. Assuming the majority of our users are moderately intelligent, this could make the place a LOT cleaner. [/EDIT]

There's no need to add a button even, just for those "in the know" to use even with ... bbcode or add the <del>...</del> HTML tags to the forum software's allowed tags.

I understand that some forums do not like this feature but I can't remember why, I always found it very useful when editing my posts. It's a lot less annoying for other readers than to completely delete an entire paragraph of text. With that said, if there is a reason why this won't be implemented I will not press it any further.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts