[App][2.3+][OPEN SOURCE] Nov24 Secrecy-Encrypt your files [V.0.5.3 -- new VIDEO!!!!!]

Search This thread

Doplgangr

Aug 14, 2010
Hong Kong
BIGGGGG credits to @MiroslavVitula for the promotion video!
2vabhj7.png

Announcement:
Support Member Recruitment! Click here to learn more
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51604656&postcount=2

Translation needed! Click here
https://crowdin.com/project/secrecy-the-file-safebox

INTRODUCTION
Secrecy is where you can safely put your files without worrying that others will see it... They just can't.

I am starting this project since I have tried a number of Apps for secure file storage, while not finding one that best suits my expectations:
- some, like Vaulty and Hide it pro, do not store videos securely and just stores the raw file
- most only support storing pictures and videos. I occasionally want to store word documents but can't find a way.
- some produced by major software companies are simply bloated and litters temp files everywhere... That's just as insecure as not using them.

I am aiming to produce an all-rounded one that maximizes security but still ensuring ease of use and quick encryption time.
(Tailor-made for keeping your *precious* photos(or files) from your geeky dad/mom/friends/whoever-they-are's prying eyes.)

Features :good:
  1. Semi-Material look (does this even count?LOL)
  2. ENCRYPTS every file with AES256
  3. supports all file types
  4. Leaves no trace of any temporary files in the system
  5. Custom vault location
  6. Import from other apps, Batch import.
  7. Stealth Mode (donate)
  8. (WIP) Dual password for an alternative (clean) vault
  9. (WIP) Recovery option for any corrupted vault
Install
ALPHA RELEASE
Play Store link
In need of COFFEE for college exam... Please use in-app donation function to donate to me :D
:fingers-crossed:

SOURCE
It's All Here:
https://github.com/SecrecySupportTeam/secrecy
Please bear with my messy work LOL

FAQ
Q. This project is useless
A. Please leave a comment and let us know what more you expect

Q. Is it safe for everyday use?
A. Depends. DO NOT USE on PRECIOUS files that you can't afford to lose. It is still very much alpha stage and I can't guarantee the safety of your files. :crying: sorry.

Q. There is a freaking bug!!
A. Please leave a bug report below.

Q. I like your project.
A. Please buy me a coffee and kindly share this project to your friends :victory:

Thanks for the attention and hope you can leave something for me here:laugh:

XDA:DevDB Information
Secrecy the File Safebox, App for the Android General

Contributors
Doplgangr
Source Code: https://github.com/SecrecySupportTeam/secrecy

Version Information

Created 2014-04-03
Last Updated 2014-11-24

Last edited:

Doplgangr

Aug 14, 2010
Hong Kong
News

2vabhj7.png

### Welcome to Secrecy.
I believe you come from XDA or Play Store, and you are interested in helping out in our project. As you may know, I started this project off with myself, but when it gains popularity, it seems that I cannot do everything on my own. Thus help is needed badly to breath new air into this project.

### Wait, I'm not professional.
Frankly, I'm not professional too. I'm just, as you think of it, a kid with thoughts. I'm looking for all kinds of support, and you may find possible roles in the latter section.

To put it simply, no one is unfit to contribute. From newbie to experienced, everyone is welcome!

### What can I do?
At the moment, I can think of the followings:
* Translators
* Quality Assurance (Testers)
* Collaborator (Code Contributor)
* Marketing advisor
* Design and Promotion
... You name it!

### What can I make out of it?
I don't work for money. It is not possible to repay you with money. However as a contributor, you could get a life-time worth of donation package. You may message me when you are a member and I'll add you to the list.

It is practically the Google Play's testers list, that when you try to purchase the donation package, Google Play does not charge you.

### I'm in! / I wanna know more!
Please contact me at thedoplgangr@gmail.com and specify the followings:

1. Your Github username (If you don't know, here's it: https://github.com)
2. Your preferred role, if any

You could also migrate directly to https://github.com/SecrecySupportTeam and get started with the source code!

Last edited:

Doplgangr

Aug 14, 2010
Hong Kong
Milestone!

Alpha released -- Uploaded to playstore
If you want to get a fast-pass, Here you are:
EDIT: file removed. Download from play Store instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: attckdog

Doplgangr

Aug 14, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi,

Does your app create 'containers' like EDS on Android or Truecrypt?

Nope, it simply:

1. Finds the file
2. Copy it to "SECRECYFILES"
3. Encrypts it
4. Done!

Of course truecrypt as it name suggests, is the best crypto in the world, yet I would consider it as an over-kill solution in this problem.

Besides using them depends on deep hardware/root functions and may be incompatible for a number of devices.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Doplgangr

Aug 14, 2010
Hong Kong
ok can move to sd card the folder as my internal storage is full

i am not really sure since I use nexus 4 and it sorts of use onlt internal sd. Unaware of behaviour on other devices.

I've added it to the list of suggestions.

EDIT: I have checked, and it should always use External Storage.

Thanks =)
Bugs List

Currently Empty :D

Feature request
* to move vaults to external SD

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

mindfck1337

Nov 2, 2012
Awesome :good:

Also, How was the app icon done? I see alot of icons like that and thought it's a program or somewhat :D

bbsrailfan

Jul 8, 2010
Bangalore
suggestion: An option to hide the app from the drawer, or atleast, change the app name to something less suggestive? An app named 'secrecy' would only indicate that I have something in my phone which has been hidden.

Powerhouse

Mar 31, 2013
Great app and also great work ..! :0 ...

Looks like someone got naughty and created this app....lol

TechNinja49

Aug 3, 2012
Geat work Doplgangr! By far the best app of it's kind!

Have you ever considered open sourcing your code? Maybe to celebrate a beta milestone? :victory:

revuwa

Nov 12, 2013
Is the source available?

This app (screenshots) looks great. Thanks for that enthusiasm and work!

Would you consider to make the source code available for that app, please?
Q: Why?
A: Some people (me too) havn't a google account and can't get apps from google play. It would be awesome to see your app in open source stores like F-Droid or somethin'. And IMHO people could trust more in your <security> app, if they have the possibility to see what it's doing, (by parsing the source). And last but not least, also some other developers could help to make that app more stable as it's already seems to be :highfive:

Thanks in advance for any response.

k3xx

Nov 13, 2013
Nice one! I'm trying to find a nice app like this for a long time. If one could move the vaults to USB OTG storage that would be awesome!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Doplgangr

Aug 14, 2010
Hong Kong
Geat work Doplgangr! By far the best app of it's kind!

Have you ever considered open sourcing your code? Maybe to celebrate a beta milestone? :victory:

This app (screenshots) looks great. Thanks for that enthusiasm and work!

Would you consider to make the source code available for that app, please?
Q: Why?
A: Some people (me too) havn't a google account and can't get apps from google play. It would be awesome to see your app in open source stores like F-Droid or somethin'. And IMHO people could trust more in your <security> app, if they have the possibility to see what it's doing, (by parsing the source). And last but not least, also some other developers could help to make that app more stable as it's already seems to be :highfive:

Thanks in advance for any response.

It is really surprising to find myself on the Portal!
First, I have to thank WILL VERDUZCO for such a generous introduction even though this app is still far from polished state.

I am not disclosing the source since it is still a 7-days old project, everything is messy with TODOs everywhere and e.printstacktrace() (FYI. it is a line of code that causes apps to crash when it panicks) on almost every file you could possibly find. Thus when the project comes to maturity the source will be on github. As for security caveat, I am using encryption libraries from java, so if you trust java you can trust the app (LOL).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BIGGGGG credits to @MiroslavVitula for the promotion video!
    2vabhj7.png

Announcement:
    Support Member Recruitment! Click here to learn more
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51604656&postcount=2

Translation needed! Click here
    https://crowdin.com/project/secrecy-the-file-safebox

INTRODUCTION
    Secrecy is where you can safely put your files without worrying that others will see it... They just can't.

I am starting this project since I have tried a number of Apps for secure file storage, while not finding one that best suits my expectations:
    - some, like Vaulty and Hide it pro, do not store videos securely and just stores the raw file
    - most only support storing pictures and videos. I occasionally want to store word documents but can't find a way.
    - some produced by major software companies are simply bloated and litters temp files everywhere... That's just as insecure as not using them.

I am aiming to produce an all-rounded one that maximizes security but still ensuring ease of use and quick encryption time.
    (Tailor-made for keeping your *precious* photos(or files) from your geeky dad/mom/friends/whoever-they-are's prying eyes.)

Features :good:
    1. Semi-Material look (does this even count?LOL)
    2. ENCRYPTS every file with AES256
    3. supports all file types
    4. Leaves no trace of any temporary files in the system
    5. Custom vault location
    6. Import from other apps, Batch import.
    7. Stealth Mode (donate)
    8. (WIP) Dual password for an alternative (clean) vault
    9. (WIP) Recovery option for any corrupted vault
    Install
    ALPHA RELEASE
    Play Store link
    In need of COFFEE for college exam... Please use in-app donation function to donate to me :D
    :fingers-crossed:

SOURCE
    It's All Here:
    https://github.com/SecrecySupportTeam/secrecy
    Please bear with my messy work LOL

FAQ
    Q. This project is useless
    A. Please leave a comment and let us know what more you expect

Q. Is it safe for everyday use?
    A. Depends. DO NOT USE on PRECIOUS files that you can't afford to lose. It is still very much alpha stage and I can't guarantee the safety of your files. :crying: sorry.

Q. There is a freaking bug!!
    A. Please leave a bug report below.

Q. I like your project.
    A. Please buy me a coffee and kindly share this project to your friends :victory:

Thanks for the attention and hope you can leave something for me here:laugh:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Secrecy the File Safebox, App for the Android General

Contributors
    Doplgangr
    Source Code: https://github.com/SecrecySupportTeam/secrecy

Version Information

Created 2014-04-03
    Last Updated 2014-11-24
    News

2vabhj7.png

### Welcome to Secrecy.
    I believe you come from XDA or Play Store, and you are interested in helping out in our project. As you may know, I started this project off with myself, but when it gains popularity, it seems that I cannot do everything on my own. Thus help is needed badly to breath new air into this project.

### Wait, I'm not professional.
    Frankly, I'm not professional too. I'm just, as you think of it, a kid with thoughts. I'm looking for all kinds of support, and you may find possible roles in the latter section.

To put it simply, no one is unfit to contribute. From newbie to experienced, everyone is welcome!

### What can I do?
    At the moment, I can think of the followings:
    * Translators
    * Quality Assurance (Testers)
    * Collaborator (Code Contributor)
    * Marketing advisor
    * Design and Promotion
    ... You name it!

### What can I make out of it?
    I don't work for money. It is not possible to repay you with money. However as a contributor, you could get a life-time worth of donation package. You may message me when you are a member and I'll add you to the list.

It is practically the Google Play's testers list, that when you try to purchase the donation package, Google Play does not charge you.

### I'm in! / I wanna know more!
    Please contact me at thedoplgangr@gmail.com and specify the followings:

1. Your Github username (If you don't know, here's it: https://github.com)
    2. Your preferred role, if any

You could also migrate directly to https://github.com/SecrecySupportTeam and get started with the source code!
    Thank you everyone for things happening here!

especially @laura almeida for all the bug reports and @L-Henke for handling things for me when I'm away.

Any plans to add function to hide apps and run it inside the app?

I think we never thought about that. (I never did, because I'm running Cynagenmod which already has this feature).
    It might be a tricky feature. I'll open an Issue at GitHub for this feature request and we will talk about it then.

About Hiding apps, it would be most tricky of all, and has always been asked as one of the requested user feature.

The concern is, it quite deviates form what we're doing here (Using best encryption method to encrypt files). The main focus of the app would have been deviated. I always hold the believe of doing one thing and doing it best, which is better than doing multiple things but doing them only mediocrely.

Would really want to listen more to what you guys think about this.
    Activity

To keep everyone posted... I have been doing much work recently. This thread is not dead yet :p

The next version comes in code alpha 4.0, which judging from the digit upgrade you know we have something new :p

BIG CHANGE: Add filename obfuscation

Other Changes:
    - Ditch uservoice SDK in favor of link to website -- smaller APK!
    - let users add vault during import mode
    - Enhance loading photos in gallery, prevents OOM and better bitmap resource handling
    - Custom implementation of action mode because original one does not work in jellybean (sorry!!)
    - Fully implement Navigation Drawer -- add Android L navigation menu icon

For those of you that are requesting a non-crashlytics build / no-Internet build, one already exists over at
    https://github.com/Doplgangr/Secrecy_fDroid
    It has already been accepted by fDroid moderators for inclusion. It is a matter of time before you can start downloading it over at fDroid!

Enjoy being safe!
    VERSION ALPHA 1.0
    Functions
    - Implement gallery for viewing photos easily
    - even tighter controls over temp files

Bugs
    - slightly enhance performance (?)

UX
    - Redesign to materiaL-like layout
    - lets user choose whether to submit analytics data

Long awaited :DD

V1.0 has just been pushed to the play store. Please wait for some time before it is pushed to your device. :eek:

Enjoy our project? Come join our Google Plus community:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/115358261014210889455