Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Last edited:

yubby

Apr 26, 2010
im trying to root my tmobile sm-g925t s6 edge and in odin it is stuck on nand write start.. what should i do?

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008

Attachments

• 1427757271622.jpg
    1427757271622.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 36,003
Reactions: TinyBlackM

mmayhew

Apr 13, 2009
im trying to root my tmobile sm-g925t s6 edge and in odin it is stuck on nand write start.. what should i do?

Same issue here. I've tried all the "Odin" tricks.. different cables, different PCs, latest drivers, several reboots, different Odin versions, etc.... All the same, stuck on "NAND Write Start". Hoping for a fix soon.

mmayhew

Apr 13, 2009
From looking at the other threads, specifically the non-edge S6 auto root thread, everyone is in the same boat. We just need to wait for Chainfire to update. Like an idiot, I accepted the out-of-the-box OTA although others are saying they are having the same issue without the OTA update.

XxSilent.NightmarexX

Jul 21, 2010
Los Angeles/El Monte
From looking at the other threads, specifically the non-edge S6 auto root thread, everyone is in the same boat. We just need to wait for Chainfire to update. Like an idiot, I accepted the out-of-the-box OTA although others are saying they are having the same issue without the OTA update.

mine is bricked. i tried to root and it wont get passed the first screen. cant even access recovery. i cant even get the phone to turn off

shadowk91

May 16, 2012
Damn I bricked mine too. Used Odin 3.10.6, got a successful flash but it won't get past the booting screen, won't shut off, can only really access Download Mode. Which I've tried using different suggestions but still failed to get it to boot up or put into recovery to complete the root process.

gdmlaz

Jul 16, 2010
Miami
Damn I bricked mine too. Used Odin 3.10.6, got a successful flash but it won't get past the booting screen, won't shut off, can only really access Download Mode. Which I've tried using different suggestions but still failed to get it to boot up or put into recovery to complete the root process.

I would be really pissed if my new edge will be stuck before i even got to play with it...... Hope you guys get it working back asap

FieldsInc

Sep 8, 2013
Portland
How did you get it to be successful flash? I tried ODIN 3.10.6 with the available CF-Auto_root and continue to get stuck at NANO WRITE! Of course i accepted the OTA right out of box also.

Wonder why we have different results of "same task"

Reactions: Wasiq01

shadowk91

May 16, 2012
How did you get it to be successful flash? I tried ODIN 3.10.6 with the available CF-Auto_root and continue to get stuck at NANO WRITE! Of course i accepted the OTA right out of box also.

Wonder why we have different results of "same task"

I didn't actually take the OTA, because I wanted to be sure that I would be able to root the phone for sure without needing to wait too long for an update to the Auto Root Utility that would work with the newer version.

mmayhew

Apr 13, 2009

I had the same problem but then I flashed the non-edge S6 auto root (SM-G920T) and it worked flawlessly. Good luck.

shadowk91

May 16, 2012
I had the same problem but then I flashed the non-edge S6 auto root (SM-G920T) and it worked flawlessly. Good luck.

OMG! THAT'S IT!, IT WORKED!!! YOU SAVED MY STUPIDLY EXPENSIVE PHONE (and from some seriously painful beatings from the wife had she found out the $1100+ phone died).

Okay enough of my excitement. Thanks for the advice, and helping me revive my phone. I hope Chainfire updates his first page post to ensure other people don't accidentally semi-brick their phones.

Attachments

• IMG_20150331_122314353_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150331_122314353_HDR.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 4,310

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
OMG! THAT'S IT!, IT WORKED!!! YOU SAVED MY STUPIDLY EXPENSIVE PHONE (and from some seriously painful beatings from the wife had she found out the $1100+ phone died).

Okay enough of my excitement. Thanks for the advice, and helping me revive my phone. I hope Chainfire updates his first page post to ensure other people don't accidentally semi-brick their phones.

and after this you installed the OTA..?

Top Liked Posts